Humanoid - Built by Humanoid - out June 2019

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Rob
Tingler

Re: Humanoid - Built by Humanoid - out June 2019

Post by Rob »

Ross wrote:This album is Really Fucking Good. I think Traktion might be my favourite.
The production is so clear and crisp and spacious throughout, so many details. Kind of a contrast to recent FSOL which has sounded very full and 'thick'.

God, this and Yage within two months of each other.

It makes me wonder what Environment Seven is going to be like... whether it'll follow the harder edge of those two releases, or whether it will be much softer / more melodic / acoustic sounding in contrast.
What an album!! What an album!!! Better to go buy it, if you already haven't done, and listen for it!! EBS doc.12 in the pipeline, Ross mentioned Env7....knowing he's gifted with Prophet like speach, we will not wait too much for it... Amorphous Androgynous longform single....probably remixes from BBH also......have a feel of Yage's 2nd too but i'll ask to bookmakers....what a year! What a year!!! Ok, someone to nail my feet to the ground?? :D
Rob
Tingler

Post by Rob »

Huh...Spore, Quantel, Co-Pilot and Hull are a minty EP: thanks a lot fsoldigital.com!!
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

Is the digital download fixed now with track #5?
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Rob wrote:EBS doc.12 in the pipeline, Ross mentioned Env7....knowing he's gifted with Prophet like speach, we will not wait too much for it...
My prediction - and thus is a guess and based on limited information - is we'll get Environment Seven in the autumn and the first Amorphous EP at the end of the year.

Outside of those, I wouldn't expect too much else this year. After all, if we add the calendar, that's five albums. I'm not sure they'd consider releasing more than that in a twelve month period!
moxlox
Tingler

Post by moxlox »

Got the EP and loving its Acidness. Album in the post.....

Is this Brian Dougans on his own, or has Gaz had some influence on the album? I presume its sole Brian.
Repetition Is A Form Of Change
Ross

Post by Ross »

Brian solo.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

I ordered the CD on Saturday and received the PayPal receipt but no other confirmation. I logged into my fsoldigital account today to see if I could download the bonus EP but it isn't listed and my order status is still "pending". Tried emailing sales_at_futuresoundoflondon.com (the email address PayPal suggests) - any other ideas of what I could do now?
Ross

Post by Ross »

Try graham@frdm.co.uk if you've got no reply from that address.
I've got orders from 2017 still set to processing so I wouldn't read too much into that.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Ah, cheers, I'll give that a try. I was dubious about the address in the PayPal email (surely it would be somewhere at fsoldigital.com if anything). I will email Graham and hopefully sort things out :)
Ross

Post by Ross »

That email address probably works too - they do own futuresoundoflondon.com - but how often it gets checked is a different matter. I'm sure Graham's inbox is constantly flooded with these kinds of issues as it is!
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Ah, nice - I added to Graham's workload but he got it sorted out for me, so I've downloaded the EP today :) Thanks for the suggestion!
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Fucking new pretty Humanoid update, love this album, i feel totally blood & wires on it ! :D
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

I have to preface this by saying I am not a fan at all of this recent internet craze (I personally think it's harmful for many reasons) ... but there's a F*CK IT NFT 'created in conjuction [sic] with STAKKER HUMANMOID and Steve Hyland' - https://foundation.app/@FSOL/fu-k-it-35041 (Doesn't look like anyone has actually bid for it since it was put up a month ago so it could be that this bubble has already burst!)

EDIT: Actually, there appears to be 11 of them so far - https://foundation.app/@FSOL (none of which seem to have been bid on) - Most (all?) of the audio on these seems to be brand new no ?
Ross

Post by Ross »

An official announcement about FSOL NFTs is on the way soon.

Interesting alternate versions of Environment Five tracks in there. I think it's all exclusive stuff anyway, yeah.

On the whole I think there's the possibility of NFTs having some value in the future, once the environmental issues have been sorted. At the moment, I can't find anything that interests them to me at all though. I still make physical copies of download releases, so it's way beyond me really.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Ooh intrigurisering - that sounds dramatic !