Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
darktrain
Tingler

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

Post by darktrain »

To be honest im getting a bit jaded with fsol..i come on here to read the forum with the slightest hope of some news on new releases and all i find is the same members dragging up old news,kicking around old gossip and generally getting fed up waiting for any solid news..Can appreciate that they might be busy but in this day and age of communication(and the fact thats all gaz used to go on about) why cant they let us know when and if somethings going to be available soon?I know they dont have a great track record in getting things done fast,maybe the creative juices are finally drying up?There's a lot of passionate fans on here desperate for new material yet they choose to ignore us...go on(if you ever bloody read this)and surprise us...us fsol fans wouldnt mind some new music please!!
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

dubmasta wrote:Since he knew that he was getting involved with weirdos what the fuck did he expect?
How do we know he doesn't like the tracks because they were too weird? Maybe they just sounded a bit muddy or cluttered or were too long or... who knows! People who heard the Abbey Road Isness first were largely unimpressed with the final cut, so it might well be something like that, they've reworked the material from what he approved last time he heard it (my money's on this one). I think everybody's really overreacting with this. Noel Gallagher talks a bit of shit about only giving the tracks 65/100 (apparently), gets annoyed with Gaz and Brian being late providing music (who were hasn't done that a thousand times in the last 15 years?) and suddenly he's the anti-christ and FSOL should be through with him. Calm down chaps!

darktrain - I actually gave up hoping for new releases a few months ago since it started doing my head in, it's a lot easier to just have a nice surprise one morning when something comes online. It's a lot easier that way and stops me feeling jaded too!

The music industry, such as it is, is a very strange place at the moment. Even on the fringes, such as FSOL are these days, people seem to work at a similar pace. Back in the '90s everyone was on an-album-a-year, and we got five albums in six years from FSOL. Most artists take 2-4 years between albums these days, so I suppose we're still getting a higher average of releases than most - Environments 3 was less than 2 years ago, and we've had Archive 6 since then, plus the MPB3 CD and two EBS mixes.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Some of us might be exaggerating over this matter, but i think it is motivated by the fact that Noel Gallagher is one arrogant fcker, i cant stand people like that.
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
darktrain
Tingler

Post by darktrain »

agree dubmasta...he is an arrogant sod with an ego the size of manchester...i was hoping the first album would have bombed then we could have got the aa album sooner..i got a feeling now that this wont see the light of day...anyone know a good hacker??...............
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

There's a clip of the Amorphous "Shoot a Hole Into The Sun" now available on Amazon UK. Seems the track clocks in at almost 8 minutes.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am the eye that looks within
Ross

Post by Ross »

Sounds quite good, but I don't get the feeling it's possible to really get a feeling of the full song from that track.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Ross wrote:God, music journalists are so lazy. Instead of checking out a couple of Amorphous tracks to hear what they sound like, he's instead just gone along the 'Chemical Brothers are psychadelic' (nice spelling) route which Noel has already said it won't sound like.

I think a lot of people are going to be very surprised when they hear this.
Another couple today. I am now replying to every news page with a 'comments' section to put out the news that Amorphous Androgynous are not a dance group. Anyone want to join me?
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

That's a big undertaking. I've noticed that loads of articles are just copying and pasted from elsewhere. All it takes is one "dance combo", or "psychadelic collective" and it spreads across the internet like a virus.

There's a longer clip of that song here by the way - the first minute or so of the video:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The last few minutes is something new as well... Whether it's the AA I couldn't say though.
Ross

Post by Ross »

You can hear the entire thing here:

It's pretty good, absolutely nothing like the High Flying Birds version.
Ross

Post by Ross »

It was also Zane Lowe's hottest record in the world yesterday, he seems pretty enthusiastic. Hopefully the excited response this has been getting so far will ease Noel's potential worries about the album (if they exist).
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/zanelowe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'Amorphous Andronicous' eh?
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

It really does sound pretty impressive in it's entirety, it really progresses. There's even a spot of Alisha Sufit towards the end. I guess we should be thankful that Zane Lowe is so enthusiastic about it, even if he can't pronounce the band name properly!
darktrain
Tingler

Post by darktrain »

i fucking love it.
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Pretty awesome track. This is going to be a good album indeed.

Post by Ross »

The response over the internet has been pretty positive too, let's hope if Noel is having any doubts, the response to this will kill them.
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

This is just incredible...

The album is going to be / already is ... a masterpiece

anyone have any time frame for this yet