Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

Post by dell1972 »

Noel Gallagher talking about the Amorphous Androgynous in a recent interview:

http://brmb.orionplayer.co.uk/player/po ... ritt/30611" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's a vast universe of bullshit in this interview by the way. He gets onto the AA about 4:30 minutes in, and clearly still loves them. He seems to think "Shoot a Hole Into the Sun" is the favourite piece of music he's ever done.
I am the eye that looks within
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

"They only work to the cosmic timetable"
Haha, it's nice to know he really does get them, that part of the interview was pretty funny. Still got a few more months' work on it.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Dream On single with Shoot a Hole Into the Sun now available from FSOLDigital...
http://www.yage.co.uk/newtesting/index. ... cts_id=262" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CD only.

Obviously the relationship between Noel and the band is fine if they're allowed to sell the single.
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

Not massively interested in this collaboration.Songs don't sound too bad if you like that sort of thing.I wonder if we'll get any more sales as a result of more people visiting the FSOldigital site now.They'll be in for a suprise if they buy some of the other stuff!
Ross

Post by Ross »

I wonder how many Oasis fans have checked out Amorphous and stumbled across Auto Pimp and Liquid Insects, ha.
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

beetles wrote:Not massively interested in this collaboration.Songs don't sound too bad if you like that sort of thing.I wonder if we'll get any more sales as a result of more people visiting the FSOldigital site now.They'll be in for a suprise if they buy some of the other stuff!
gonna be a weird year, all a part of a cosmic conciousness
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Slightly off topic, but I spotted something odd the other day that made me scratch my head. If you do a google search of Amorphous Androgynous, the description associated with http://www.futuresoundoflondon.com/amorphous/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; says rather bizarrely:

"Official Website disco producers The Amorphous Androgynous. Song With No Word Album Coming 29/11/2010!"

I thought this was another release with a deadline that flew by and they'd missed really quite badly. However, searching for this album title and the band name reveals what looks like a bit of a half job on their website: The Amorphous website appears to have been done by this chap:

http://www.axelsegebrecht.com/tag/web-design/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And it looks like a quick revamp of Mighty Mouse's website, who are also referred to as "Disco Producers" and had an album called, Song With No Word

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Disco Producers? That's the sort of term my dad would use, or possibly BBC News presenters, or David Cameron when he's attempting to get down wiv da kids....

Anyway, nothing to do with Noel Gallagher, or in fact it seems the AA, but I guess the point I was trying to make is that Ross is really fighting a losing battle trying to stop journalists calling the AA a dance duo if their own website calls them disco producers. I suppose there is a distinction between the terms, but Disco Producers to me conjures up images of fat blokes with mobile lightshows pumping out Agadoo and Wham hits on a friday night in a pub in the arse end of nowhere.
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Now I finally had a listen to the song and I´m quite impressed by it. It´s the usual first class quality cosmic brain-melting psychedelic rock entertainment I expect from my most favourite Dance-Disco-Producer-Boys-Duo. Less unnerving vocals than on previous remixes. Still looking forward to the album.

My guess is the critics will love it, and the average Noel/Oasis Fan will hate it because of his rather unsubtle musical perception, so I really don´t think it will sell well or even make more people aware of FSOLdigital and the other projects. It would be nice if, but I think the majority of people in the world that are into vintage psychedelic/progressive rock stuff as well as classic electro/ambient stuff is already gathered here on this forum...OK, maybe not the majority, but y´know what I mean...
Magnificient Insignificance
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Its a solid track - if I had to rate it I'd give it 7.5/10 :)
The most dull thing is noel's vocal I must say, and there are about 2 minutes toward the end that are intense (in a bad way),
but all-in-all I think it works, some more recognition and popularity wouldn't be a bad thing now for B&G :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Another slight off-topic tangent which doesn't quite warrant its own thread - Paul Weller's Amorphous produced tracks don't look to be coming out anytime as his new album's just hit the internet and there's absolutely no mention of a contribution there. Surprising.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

I have been looking out for mention of them on that. Of course they could have just not been mentioned, but i'm not going out of my way to listen to the album to find out. I'm somehow relieved not to be buying a second Weller album. Was it ever confirmed from a reliable source, or was it just the NME spreading rumours? After all, they could have just got confused that Gaz and Brian were recording with Noel Gallagher at Weller's studio.

Going further off topic, but still AA related, I see Platypus Records have done a phoenix from the flames job and re emerged as Platypus Music. Does this mean there's a chance the first two Monstrous Bubble compilations might get a reissue at some point?

Back to the Noel Gallagher track, I see Gaz and Brian get writing credits for the track. If that's the case with all the tracks, that'll surely set them up nicely for a while.
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

Alright, I've listened to SAHITS a few times now, and gotta say.. good, very good, but definitely not their best work Maybe I just don't care for the actual song itself.

I'm sure there will be better tracks on the final album. And I sure hope that Noel's FACE won't be on the cover :shock:
from the source flows the endless...
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Personally I find it musically enjoyable, but lyrically it's just two lines repeated over and over and over. If there was more to it vocally it'd be a great track.
Ross

Post by Ross »

dell1972 wrote:Was it ever confirmed from a reliable source, or was it just the NME spreading rumours? After all, they could have just got confused that Gaz and Brian were recording with Noel Gallagher at Weller's studio.
I got it from Graham so I'd say that's confirmation enough.
Nice to see they got a co-writing credit, I didn't think about that. So yeah, that'll be a pretty nice cashflow!
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

This track is to be included on Noel Gallagher's contribution to "Fleece the fanbase on ebay day".

http://www.noelgallagher.com/#news/song ... record-sto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds will release Songs From The Great White North... an exclusive 12" vinyl 4 track single for Record Store Day on 21st April.

The 12" will be an opaque white heavyweight vinyl and in the UK will be numbered and limited. Noel says of Record Store Day:

"Record shops are as important as the records themselves."

The vinyl comprises 4 songs, all previously released as B sides:

A1 - The Good Rebel
A2 - Let The Lord Shine A Light On Me
B1 - I'd Pick You Everytime
B2 - Shoot A Hole Into The Sun