Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

Post by dell1972 »

The whole track can be heard here now:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Needless to say it seems to be polarising opinions. For me it gets a bit messy in places (the bit about 2:15 in when they kind of put the breaks on it sounds really odd) but other than that it's a pretty colourful trip. The more trad fans are commenting they wish it ended after about 5:15, but to me that's when it really gets interesting.
I am the eye that looks within
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

That's pretty good, though as with most Amorphous remixes it really could do with about a 10min trim (so I guess I agree with the 'trad fans') as it seems to repeat itself about 3 times without much new being added. Much less messy than the last few remixes though so definitely a step in the right direction !
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

If you compare this to their other recent release, Environments 4, there's just a hint of FSOL going more acoustic and Amorphous going more electronic, which is just weird...
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Firstly, I agree with what Ross said, the general sound of FSOL and Amorphous Androgynous appear to moving closer in recent releases. The DJ Food remix and What a Life both appear to be increasingly electronic, while E4 has more acoustic sounds on it.

The reason I'm posting is old monobrow has been putting more dampeners on whether the AA album will see the light of day. The source is the Current Bun interviewing Mr "Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story", so it potentially adds up to a work of total fiction. It does seem to be largely down to the never ending tour though...

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogs ... phous.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Noel Gallagher has admitted his “far out” album with the psychedelic Amorphous Androgynous might not see the light of day.

Last year, when Noel announced details of his solo High Flying Birds record he also revealed he’d made another, experimental album.

Now the former Oasis man says he’s unsure it will get a full release.

He said: “It was supposed to be delivered the night I did that press conference and I hadn’t been involved in any of the mixing at that point due to being busy with other things.

“Anyway, it was a toss-up whether to announce it in the first place, but I just thought f*** it, I’ve done it, let’s announce it.

“But since then I’ve been on the road and because of that I’ve not been in the mixing, and I’m not happy with any of the mixes.

“They’re going backward and forward so then the plan was to get mixing done after the tour, but this tour has gone on so long that there’s been no time, and that means looking at it next year.

“But by then I fear the moment may have passed.”"
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

yay
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

I think he doesnt like the fact that it sounds like pink floyd. thats what he said anyway, didnt he?
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Hype hype hype.
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

So another 'could have been' release from AA to be added on the ever growing list.(2012, wobbly oozescapes, etc.) :cry:
Magnificient Insignificance
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

They were too busy promoting their last live performance
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

So, this DOES exist in digital format, its not 12" vinyl only :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Nice - But where, when, how ?!
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

It's just a not-for-sale promo,
but the point stands, that it exists in official digital format. :)

(they advertised this release as 12" only with passion)
You're doin' too much, do less.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

It always was available digitally, just not on CD. Or is this some special fancy pants edition I'm missing the point of? Site seems to be up and down like a whore's drawers at the moment... Good to see it sorted out again by the way.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Looks like old monobrow has given up on the AA album now. It seems to have been a victim of the success of his first album. Oh well, maybe the tracks will see the light of day in some form, that's assuming he's not just bullshitting us all.

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogs ... -with.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

No surprise to me. i mean, what do you expect from a clown claiming to be greater than Lennon himself, greater than The Beatles. Lady Gaga has sold millions of copies too, so fuckin what? Ive always despised big headed people who think they are something while they are nothing special, and this shows the quality of the person and the quality of his/her art/music. Im OK with arrogant people who are really rare artists, musicians, athletes etc and are somehow entitled to be arrogant, but im sorry, Noel Gallagher is definitely not one of them and is not even close to such people. Oasis might have written a few nice songs, but a few nice songs dont make you "Great". This clown is totally disrespectful, offending and the drugs he takes obviously have burnt his brains out, thinking he is some kind of a legend. Legend my balls fucker! It was a huge mistake from FSOL, who ARE legends indeed, even taking this guy seriously and making the decision to work and make music with him. Im disgusted by this shit...
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me