Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

Post by dell1972 »

...and time to drag this thread kicking and screaming back to the top of the list.

A very telling but blink and you'll miss it mention in the mighty Yorkshire Evening Post:

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/l ... _1_4132253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"What will perhaps be more intriguing will be seeing how this album fares compared to its already recorded follow-up, a collaboration with the proggy electronic duo Amorphous Androgynous. Gallagher wouldn’t divulge its title but did reveal: “I would give them a three-minute Kinks-esque song and the next time I would hear it it would be 11 and a half minutes long. I’d say, ‘Where’s the second verse gone?’ and they’d say, ‘We got rid of it, it was boring’. It was an eye-opener. Next time I will have a better understanding of what they do. The next record will be truly incredible.”"

It would appear he's keen on doing another album with Brian and Gaz then...
I am the eye that looks within
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

Man, I seriously CAN'T wait to hear this. These new AA productions are like drugs, massive epics. Best stuff around, nothing less you would expect from FSOL.

Bring it!
from the source flows the endless...
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

cant wait too for listen new AA Album with Noel, and i had dreams with a live album between them and thinking in the possibility of 1 day listen to Noel singing Peppermint tree and AA singing Champagne supernova...What a dream! Huah!
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Ah yes, I forgot about this. Come on Noel, when's it out?
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

It's anyone's guess but I think he's on record as saying it might get delayed if the first album was successful. It seems the only rock band to sell more than the monobrowed one last year in the UK was coldplay, so we might be in for a wait. He did say in that interview with the YEP though that he wanted to have yet another album done by the end of next year though.

Still, it gives Brian and Gaz plenty of time push out Environments 4, 5, and whatever myriad other releases they have jamming the pipeline at the moment.
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

Proceed with visual attack.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Nice find!
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Good find. There's an article in this month's Q magazine as well actually, entitled something like "10 things we know about Noel Gallagher's next album". No real revelations in it beyond what we already know. It mentioned that two songs were remixed in November, but also that Noel G was most recently quoted as saying it was due out in about June, and that it was delayed due to the success of the first album.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Actually he says a different thing in each interview I reckon:

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogs ... r-big.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"You'll have to wait a while because Noel's still waiting for his collaborators, the Amorphous Androgynous, to be finished with it.

"It was all supposed to be finished before my tour. Hopefully it will be out at the start of 2013. But saying that, those f---ing Mayans told us the world is going to end at the end of the year, so who knows, it may never see the light of day.""
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

And we have a cast iron release date for something. The something presumably being the AA rework of If I Had A Gun, which has been used as the opening music for NG's gigs.

This just came in via the noelgallagher.com mailing list:

"Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds will release new single 'Dream On' on March 12th through Sour Mash Records. The B-side will be 'Shoot A Hole Into The Sun', the first track to be released from the sessions Noel has recorded with the Amorphous Androgynous. "

Meanwhile, another microsnippet of a comment from Noel about getting the remixes finished with Brian and Gaz, plus a bit of sloppy blabber meant to pass as journalism (Electronic duo? Not the best way to describe their roles in the Amorphous Androgynous):

http://www.thebrag.com/2012/01/30/music ... gallagher/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"For an effortless songwriter, it comes across as too effortless, and despite its overall quality will probably go down as a lukewarm placeholder for the second record; a dense psychedelic excursion written with London electronic duo Amorphous Androgynous. Gallagher is loath to commit to a release date for this album, or to reveal too many details, despite the record being basically complete.

“We had a window where it was suppose to be finished and I’m on tour now, and have been since October, and it’s hard to us to nail the final mixes without us all being in the same room. Its in the can, its just a case of when I’m in America they’re in England, when I’m in England they’re in fucking Kazakhstan or somewhere. And its gotta be brilliant – there’s no point in just putting it out half-heartedly. ”"
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Delay of the album confirmed:

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogs ... ynous.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ross

Post by Ross »

This really is silly, every interview he seems to have the album in the can, or have it nearly finished, or nowhere near as he's still not happy with the mixes, or they're doing the mixes without him... I wonder what's actually going on.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

What's actually going on - Noel is too pussy to release the album,
or he's too pussy to release it as AA would want it, so now he's making alternate mixes and AA is fighting him, or something like that...
You're doin' too much, do less.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

i can understand the whole wanting to delay while he rides the success of his current release.

but he's said in the past it's done and it's brilliant etc. and now he's saying it's not done and there are a thing or two he doesn't like.

really.....it seems noel just likes to talk about himself a lot ;p
Ross

Post by Ross »

In one interview he said they keep working on mixes again and again as time goes on - so who knows. One thing I've learned is never put faith in what Noel says in an interview. There are lots of stories and half truths in there.