2006 interview

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
beetles
Expander

2006 interview

Post by beetles »

Just found this online - I don't think its on your site Ross.

http://www.subba-cultcha.com/features/a ... ntID=12158" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: 2006 interview

Post by Ross »

Nice find, that's a fascinating interview there! That finally explains the over-abundance of Dead Cities material on Teachings, and makes the collection a bit easier to understand, as if it was them making peace with the album.

Now this, this is an interesting quote...
"I think you’ve got to remember that in a way, I’m a bit like you now," states Gary ominously, "I’m just somebody quite good to talk to about FSOL as I’m not really in the band anymore."
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Great interview, very nice find! I wonder what he'd have to say about the FSOL work compared with the AA stuff now in a similar sort of interview... It's almost like someone's slapped a gagging order on him these days.
I am the eye that looks within
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Interesting interview. It was kind of transition point back then. They were just about to work on A Gigantic Globular Burst Of Anti-Static (The first true FSOL material in almost 10 years) and AA had become it's own thing. I could see why Gaz was so ominous on the future of FSOL back then. Seems like both projects have been able to coexist though.

Post by Akkya »

Good read... it's time for the revival I think... Noel or no Noel
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Anyone manage to copy this down? I could have sworn I popped it in the Galaxial archive but it doesn't appear to be anywhere... this is the one with the Teachings / Dead Cities quote I've needed twice today!