FSOLDigital Calendar

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
moxlox
Tingler

Re: FSOLDigital Calendar

Post by moxlox »

Local Light Scattering - another great track to finish the year. Agree, from timeframe indicated, artwork and style this is surely one leftover from E7 sessions. Actually I think this artwork is better than the CD version of E7.02.

This year's calendar selection was not as strong as previous years I thought but really picked up in the last 4 months (and the first track of the year - Opk Machines Trx M2 I did really like).

As always hoping this continues in 2023...
Repetition Is A Form Of Change
moxlox
Tingler

Post by moxlox »

Looking like no FSOL 2023 calendar this year. And FSOLdigital site no longer works for me. Same for others? Looks like they will transition to Bandcamp completely then?

Ps) where is everyone? Been very quiet on here in January
Trigga Bo
Tingler

Post by Trigga Bo »

I have a website http://www.fsoldigital.com also does not work, a couple of days ago everything was fine, we are waiting for updates of releases on https://fsol.bandcamp.com & https://theaa.bandcamp.com
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

www.fsoldigital.com seems be working here for me at least. I guess if they are going to go with a 2023 calendar, now is the time to announce it...
I am the eye that looks within
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

dell1972 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:52 pm www.fsoldigital.com seems be working here for me at least.
It's a no go for me - I get a '500 error', so something wrong with their server or web-hosts. Also thinking they might be fully moving to the bandcamp site - certainly requires less effort to put stuff on there and keep it all running
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

A full overhaul of the site was announced as happening "soon" in late 2021, which, by FSOL standards, makes January 2023 about right. Last I heard there were no plans to move fully to FSOLDigital; as an artist with three releases on the page I also imagine I'd have heard if they were going to be taken down.

If it does happen, I hope the missing releases get ported over too. We're missing a lot: Globular, Metropolis, the three Brian releases from 2007, all the non-Blackhill Transmitter EPs, FSOL Digital Mix, The Fears and Fantasies of the Unconscious Mind, everything in the Pod Room, The SX:One Live Sessions, the bonus EPs and tracks with 2012-2019 purchases, probably more.

2021's Calendar was released on 31st January, so there's still time. Or it could be a rest year. There's still plenty more music to come - I know of five releases already lined up for the first half of the year - so it's no biggy if not!

I've listened to last year's album a couple of times, general impressions were positive. I've not been listening to much electronic music (or much music in general) at the minute so I'll have to wait for the mood to strike me to come back to it, by which point there'll probably be a backlog of stuff to get through anyway.
808Spense
Hardhead

Post by 808Spense »

I didn't think there were too many standouts from last year's calendar when the tracks were released but it works much better when listening to it as an album. Probably now my most listened to of the calendar albums so will be disappointed if we don't get another.

Ross, do you know what's coming out beyond Mind Maps 4 and E7.003?
Ross

Post by Ross »

There'll be something for Record Store Day that will probably make a certain part of the fanbase happy, Universal will be continuing their vinyl reissues, and there's another vinyl release I can't reveal info about just yet but I'm hoping will be along very soon.
Kklak
Hardhead

Post by Kklak »

Sounds very exciting... can't wait!
Trigga Bo
Tingler

Post by Trigga Bo »

OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

This first track is a lovely slice of FSOL trip-hop. :)

Welcome to the calendar album for 2023

Kicking off the year is

The Future Sound Of London - Input Gate

Recorded at 9L West Studios
Engineered by Yage

Enjoy
Tingler

Post by moxlox »

Holy Moly I didn't expect that!

Love that they left until 31st Jan to reveal....the teases! Ha! Off to buy now.
moxlox
Tingler

Post by moxlox »

Great ambient FSOL track. Good start to 2023.
tengram
Hardhead

Post by tengram »

Ross wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:07 pm There'll be something for Record Store Day that will probably make a certain part of the fanbase happy, Universal will be continuing their vinyl reissues, and there's another vinyl release I can't reveal info about just yet but I'm hoping will be along very soon.
Do you happen to know what Universal will be reissuing this year? Might it be Tales or ISDN?
Ross

Post by Ross »

It's one of those two, yes. I think communications with Universal are generally very positive at the moment so we might get something a little more too.