FSOL - From the Archives Volume 1 -3

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Re: FSOL - From the Archives Volume 1 -3

Post by epitome »

Well, FSOL Digital doesn't list those two songs on Archive 3 anymore and even specifies that it has "17 previously unreleased tracks". I've looked all over the internet and can't find anywhere to buy them (apart from a few dodgy-looking sites).

I don't suppose anyone would be kind enough to send me the MP3s? :) I don't want to rip the band off at all, but I can't find a way of buying them, and I'll make it up by buying everything else they release ;)
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

You can purchase them on Beatport, but since you already own the regular versions i guess it would be OK for somebody to hook you up..

http://www.beatport.com/label/future-so ... ndon/24997 (check out the "latest releases")

They are only 7.24€ a piece 'tho if you want to support the band
from the source flows the endless...
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

I just realised they're also on Spotify, for free listening. Course, streaming it, there's a second gap as it loads the next song anyway, which kinda defeats the point :P
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Well if anyone wants to hook me up with the enhanced versions I won't say no. But otherwise I'll put up with Spotify for a while and wait for them to be released on CD.
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

epitome wrote:I just realised they're also on Spotify, for free listening. Course, streaming it, there's a second gap as it loads the next song anyway, which kinda defeats the point :P
Like a posted, there's actually several minutes (9 was it?) of new music on enhanced vol. 1 alone. I would feel kinda on the fence for actually uploading a good quality rip of the enhanced archives since they're still selling and are official releases.. and damn good records all of them, make a pretty cool combo ;)

dunno. will get into this later.

I think they use to sell something ridiculous price @ beatport first.. I'm not paying 22€ euros for digital, that's just absurd, now they're just 7€ so i think that's pretty decent (although buying digital makes my skin crawl a bit)

EDIT: now thinking about it, it's such a shame that these will not probably see release as physical units..
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

something else i realized

the enhanced only comes in mp3

so you can't even get this bish in lossless ANYWHERE

aaaagghghghghhh!!!!
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Does anyone know what quality MP3s you get for 7€ from Beatport? And tryptych, what makes you think we won't see physical releases? Just because it's already been so long?
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

On Beatport they are in 320 kbps. I was of the opinion you could get them in wav format or aif at vastly inflated prices. Also, I thought they were available on Juno in a similar setup.

Personally I waited for Beatport's special discount that they like to send out every now and then. Taking advantage of that allows you to them for a more or less sane price.

I imagine they'll turn up in physical form if they do a boxed set of the archives. Another thing to consider, given the lack of bonus tracks listed for Volume 3 on fsoldigital: The mp3 versions on fsoldigital may actually now be the enhanced versions.
I am the eye that looks within
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

dell1972 wrote:Another thing to consider, given the lack of bonus tracks listed for Volume 3 on fsoldigital: The mp3 versions on fsoldigital may actually now be the enhanced versions.
Now this is interesting/confusing. I will have to try and probe for a proper answer.
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

dell1972 wrote:On Beatport they are in 320 kbps. I was of the opinion you could get them in wav format or aif at vastly inflated prices. Also, I thought they were available on Juno in a similar setup.
Ah yes, this was the case. The lossless versions come to 23€ (!) with VAT etc. Ridiculous.

Also, only one FSOL release on Juno now..
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

doh i forgot beatport sells WAV

pretty bizarre they would offer that and not FLAC

either way.....yeah those prices are like insulting lol
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

I guess flac is still considered kinda audiophile format.. WAV will play on basically any player without codecs and stuff.

But yeah, I think everybody who bought the Archives should be entitled to free download of the enhanced versions.. that would be actually really cool. :)
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Ross wrote:
dell1972 wrote:Another thing to consider, given the lack of bonus tracks listed for Volume 3 on fsoldigital: The mp3 versions on fsoldigital may actually now be the enhanced versions.
Now this is interesting/confusing. I will have to try and probe for a proper answer.
And if the MP3 versions are the enhanced versions, does that mean there's a chance the CD version is also the enhanced version, as they're basically listed as one product, just available in the two formats. So surely they should be the same?

I think it's really cool that FSOL essentially acknowledged that they could've done the first 3 Archives a bit better and actually took the time and the effort to go back and "fix" them. I can't imagine too many artists would do that and it shows a real commitment to wanting to release products that are to the highest possible standard. Kudos :ugeek:
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

You know, I doubt that they have pressed the enhanced versions on CD (or any other physical format) at all.. it's also been years since they were released, so i wouldn't hold crossed fingers.

It's a bit strange that they re-released the albums, it's kinda very un-FSOL'ish, although being predictable isn't exactly what they're known for..
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Well,the isness was re-released on fsoldigital in 2012(Cleopatra in Us too re-made the mispressing album),i dont know about sales of first archives but sure will be nice a limited editions cds with enhaced versions but...
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human