AA Live on Youtube

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Re: AA Live on Youtube

Post by dubmasta »

This turns out to be an AA performance on 'Сотворение Мира' (Creation of Peace) fest in Kazan, August 30th 2008.

http://allfest.ru/openair/sotvorenie-mira-2008
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Ross wrote:Pande - Riders is from The Peppermint Tree :)
Yeah, I thought of that... but one track is too little when you have new album...

BTW The Peppermint Tree is probably my least listened record - as I've said... I really kinda don't like it... we'll get some details when we get to the chronology reviews...
You're doin' too much, do less.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

It's a weird one - in some ways it's like an Archive or Environments record, in that I don't think they wrote anything new for it, just touched up various tracks that were already around. It was originally planned to be an EP, I recall. I haven't listened to it in a while, but on the whole the Abbey Road cut of The Isness is the only modern Amorphous record I listen to reguarly.
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

The transitions from Mello Hippo -> Lovers and the ending with sitar boosted WHE can only make your day better :)

Man, this is great footage.. We Have Harvest is also fucking great.
from the source flows the endless...
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

I am so dying for a Gary-taught dance class
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Ross wrote: but on the whole the Abbey Road cut of The Isness is the only modern Amorphous record I listen to reguarly.
Regularly listened modern AA records: The Isness ("Abbey Road Version"), Alice in Ultraland, The Cartel

Especially Alice to me is up with The Isness in every way now. I find it to be a somewhat difficult album to listen to...You have to be in the right mood for it. It´s a damn subtile production, and at the same way the probably most elaborate and pompous thing they ever released imo. The album is full of moments of sheer beauty, that pass by unnoticed if attention is distracted even just in a minimal way. The album(the way it is produced) does not impose on the listener. If I´m in the mood for lush thickness in sound, then the album gives me nothing. And the other day I´m in a more, let´s call it 'meditative' state and I go 'Wow. Incredible.'. It´s a similar thing with Cartel and Env4.
Magnificient Insignificance