Terminal Radio

Terminal Window / Terminal Radio discussion
Nmesh
Open Loop

Re: Terminal Radio

Post by Nmesh »

I suppose I'm guilty of slacking on the promotional side on the last 2 volumes, (ads, radio spots, etc) but for good reason- Its been tough lately- trying to juggle the first month of homeownership (countless projects there), starting a new job after 9 years & learning a completely new trade, in addition to finishing up an album scheduled for Fall release, a number of collabs, and still finding enough quality time with the wife so that she doesn't divorce my ass. :oops:

When the smoke clears, I'd be glad to take a volume on, complete with new plugs (Asia's out of the question now unfortunately, due to the job switch) but I could still find some good vocal sources to pull it off, surely, or at least switch up the music for it. Hopefully contribute a new mix as well.

Very kind of you Loose to organize this monthly- its such a solid podcast- and its obvious you've got a knack for this sort of thing *cough* *eccoplex*, and like Pande said, that's probably why no one is hounding you to pass the torch - but someone should indeed lighten your load a bit so that you can accomplish some Loose Link projects. As soon as I can take on a TR in full, I'd be glad to.
Proceed with visual attack.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Ok, here's an idea, to keep Terminal Radio fresh and interesting and exciting. Much in the way we've planned for Terminal Window 3 (hmm yeah should get around to that), how about a series of themed mixes? So we set a theme/style/whatever, and people contribute mixes and it comes together as a solid thing. The idea came about because I was thinking it might be fun to do our own Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble type thing - i.e. eight people provide a mix of psych/prog/jazz/folk/freakout stuff and that comes together. Then I thought it might be interesting to do one styled around 90s electronica/worldbeat like the Kiss Transmissions etc.
Just an idea! But I'd be very happy to put the MPB one together if people want to do it.
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

Oooo... I like the idea of A Monstrous Psychedelic Terminal. Whenever we do that one, put me down for it. I may work up an exclusive intro for it as well.
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

I really like this idea Ross. We should plan to start these type of themed mixes next year. I think this coupled with the desire to leave more time between mixes will make for a quality year of TR.

More ideas:

Drone / Field Recordings
Beat / Electronica (similar to FSOL beat heavy tracks)
Classical / Electroacoustic
Cyberface/Yage style with talking over all sorts of weird music ;)
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

I'm in too - any theme :)
Just say the word :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
haze
Hardhead

Post by haze »

i'd be bang on for contributing to a monstrous psychadelic window show....mostly as i'm working on a full 2hr in a similar vain currently.... :)
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

I think I'd have to drop put of a MPB style mix as its my least favourite of all the FSOL /AA material but I'd obviously be up for doing the cover art if required? Would be nice to do something psychedelic.

Another idea I had would be where a different artist takes over the show for each transmission.They could curate the show, inviting people they would like in for the special or doing it in whatever style they would like - obviously still all FSOL inspired.For example Ross might do a Second Thought takeover or I could put together a Herd show? Just a thought.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Yeah, that's a good idea. Might.be interesting to alternate them - one month a style, the next an artist curated one and so on. It'd all help take the weight off Craig at the same time.
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

A psychedelic volume sounds terrific. That would be a good one to celebrate the release of The Cartel! Shall we set that up for TR13 then? (Guessing thats when Cartel will be out)

I would like to organise TR for at least a year (which will take it to TR13) Would be cool for me to have been able to run a show as ambitious as this for a whole year. A orgainiser percific show sounds absolutely terrific, as I'm sure alot of you have certain friends you'd like to bring to the table. The structure can be messed with as much as you want, it will be interesting to see how each of you take on the show. The future's bright!
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Curating one of the episodes next year sounds like fun. Sign me up for that. :)

Post by Ross »

For A Monstrous Psychedelic Terminal Exploding In Your Radio, I reckon it might be wise to leave it a little bit longer, maybe set it up for the first one of next year? Whichever volume that'll be. As it's a specifically curated thing rather than simply 'another volume'. How does that sound to everyone?
Ross

Post by Ross »

Or we could wait until we have a release date for The Cartel - I think that'll be more like the MPB releases, i.e. done in syndication with another label (like History on MPB3), so I don't think it'll be one of those overnight out of the blue things like Environments...
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

Psychedelic Space Cat approves of this.

Ross

Post by Ross »

Tiny space birds fly away in fear.
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Who reckons Cartel will be out this year?