fsol tune

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
grn
Hardhead

fsol tune

Post by grn »

hi all im in need of an old fsol tune ive got on tape but to much of a long one to sit and go through in this tune theres a french girl saying what sounds like shivea shim var and all so a women says im going home its got a deep b line one of there first may be... help please youll make my dream come true to hear this one more time

where are you going im going home thats the words in this tune its a gr8 tune aswell need to have it xx
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: fsol tune

Post by Pandemonium »

Well, it would be helpful if you provided more detail.
- Is the tape from the FSOL ISDN/radio transmissions?
- Which year is the tape from? at least an estimate...
- Was the song on the beginning / mid / end of the transmission?

stuff like that...
Last edited by Pandemonium on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're doin' too much, do less.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

The only one that springs to mind is this one that starts around 23:20 (till about 25 mins)

If so I don't think it's been released in any of the archive series yet and is just known as 'Dead Can Dance Sound Samples'
grn
Hardhead

Post by grn »

hi there thanks for getting back to me i taped it off kiss fm test transmission is in the tune i think i taped it around 92 t0 96 no so shaw tho there was another tune mixed in to it saying you synthetic brat you become so dependant on it i bet ya can not live with out it..... sorry about the spelling mistakes

where are you going im going home in french aswell they speak in the tune got a very heavy b line its says your a listen to a test transmission from a new abient station fsol then the tune rolls in to it

casade part 4 on youtube was on the tape i had
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Ah, got the sample you mean now - It was actually used on a lot of their stuff around their lifeforms era (93-94 ish), the one that goes (I'm guessing teacher followed by students)-

"Bonjour" (they echo "Bonjour")
"Good morning" (they echo "Goodmorning")

"Où allez-vous?" (echo)
"Where are you going" (echo)

"Je vais chez moi" (echo)
"I'm going home" (echo)

EDIT: I've now gone through some of that era and am pretty sure it's the Kiss FM show 4th November 1993. So is it the one before that sample with the Tangerine Dream like arpeggiated synth or the one after with the tribal drums ? (erm, not that I know either but it'll narrow it down for other folks)

EDIT2:Funnily enough I found an old press announcement about these sets recently - http://www.amfm.org.uk/amfmnews/amfm17.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
People
The Future Sound of London are to guest for 4 weeks on Kiss FM. They will host the Givin' It Up slot between 1am and 4am every Wednesday night / Thursday morning during November with their brand of confrontational ambient music.
grn
Hardhead

Post by grn »

thats the one thanks once again youre a star thought i was going mad ill have a listen to the show ya stated cheers gx
grn
Hardhead

Post by grn »

ive had a peep on you tube still can not find it dame any other ideas only getting 4th dec 93 set when i look for the date you said :)
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Yeah I had a google myself to see the availability of the file and it doesn't seem to exist anywhere - I got it from the FSOL disenchanted FTP site years ago but alas that site has been gone for a long time....

Here's further details of that set - http://www.secondthought.co.uk/fsol/041193.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was on the official Pod Room part of the official FSOL shop but that's gone now as well :(
grn
Hardhead

Post by grn »

hi there just found it on my tape well happy gonna load it on pc then ill send you the clip ..that page ive been on and loaded a few of the tracks its most prob one of the unkonwn ones knowing my luck lol thanks tho for helping me x