Pulse Five out January 26th on Detuned

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Pulse Five out January 26th on Detuned

Post by dell1972 »

Is this going to be one that gets an expanded fsoldigital release version?

https://detunedrecords.bandcamp.com/alb ... Cs1CrT7KUE

Belgian independent label De:tuned celebrates 15 years with an expansive series of new releases throughout 2024. Founded in 2009 by Ruben Boons and Bert Hermans, De:tuned and British influential electronic music pioneers The Future Sound Of London team up to mark the beginning of its momentous 15th anniversary.

The inimitable Future Sound Of London grace De:tuned with ‘Pulse Five’, the 5th installment and follow-up to the classic Pulse EP series. ‘Pulse Five’ contains 8 tracks of previously unreleased DAT tape material from the early 90s. These unheard vintage recordings date back to the era of FSOL’s much sought after classic singles and highly acclaimed Accelerator album. Brace yourself for visionary techno-driven rave work under their iconic aliases such as Mental Cube, Indo Tribe, Yage and a rare Smart Systems track. This is the sheer brilliance of the iconic duo in full effect.

De:tuned would like to thank you for the continued support, stay tuned!

Edit:

There appears to be a poster available on Bleep too:

https://bleep.com/merch/429802-the-futu ... R2QEQd4634
I am the eye that looks within
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Pulse Five out January 26th on Detuned

Post by Ross »

'Honesty' is the full version of 'LA7' from the early digital release of From the Archives Vol 3. The Nu Generation was obviously on one of the Calendar albums.

I think this will go down pretty well - the alias tracks are less like their rave material and closer in style to things like Fuzzy Logic and Accelerator. The FSOL tracks feel more like they're from '92/'93, think Ephidrina / Tokyo Travel / Plazmatical.

01. The Future Sound of London - Honesty
02. The Future Sound of London - Dialectics
03. Yage - Sun Risen
04. Mental Cube - Big Lie
05. Smart Systems - The Nu Generation
06. Indo Tribe - Obstinta
07. The Future Sound of London - Reasonable Aquiries
08. Yage - Man Shall Be Conditioned

No idea if there's an expanded CD version coming on FSOLDigital. Wouldn't be surprised if there is, but who knows.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Ross wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:18 pm 'Honesty' is the full version of 'LA7' from the early digital release of From the Archives Vol 3 (with all the live watermarks and stuff) .... Weirdly, it turned up on the Dead Cities tour of all place
So it is :o - Haven't heard the From The Archives for a while now, definitely need a refresher. I've a very boring (and requires way too much relistening to the entire discography to even piece together - and I'm too lazy! ) conspiratorial theory - based on little to no facts based on my recent re-listening to Lifeforms, 2x ISDNs, the Far-Out-Son-Of-Lung and Dead Cities back to back - about why it isn't too strange that it would've appeared on the Dead Cities tour
Ross wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:18 pm No idea if there's an expanded CD version coming on FSOLDigital. Wouldn't be surprised if there is, but who knows.
Damnit why'd you have to say that - Now I'm not sure whether to grab it from De:Tuned or wait for the fsoldigital release :D
Blinker
Hardhead

Post by Blinker »

Ross wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:18 pm 'Honesty' is the full version of 'LA7' from the early digital release of From the Archives Vol 3. The Nu Generation was obviously on one of the Calendar albums.
I knew I had heard it somewhere before. I feel like I have heard elements of Dialectics as well, like they used the drums slowed down on something else... I can't place it right now.
I'm loving all the clips so I have pre-ordered.
Trigga Bo
Tingler

Post by Trigga Bo »

Now it is clear why the FSOL was reissued PULSE EP VOL​.​1 / MENTAL CUBE
https://fsol.bandcamp.com/album/pulse-ep-vol-1 / https://fsol.bandcamp.com/album/so-this-is-love
It's great that they will release "Honesty" I know I've heard it somewhere before, thanks Ross for the clarification.
I don't see the point in releasing it on CD. For me the sound quality is the same as on the CD, which is digitally the same.
There are already more tracks than you need for an EP on two vinyls, bonuses can also be saved for Pulse Six...
We are waiting for a digital reissue on bandcamp Pulse 2-4 :ugeek:
Ross

Post by Ross »

Trigga Bo wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:48 am I don't see the point in releasing it on CD.
For people who still listen to CDs, I’d imagine. Same reason every other release comes out on CD.
808Spense
Hardhead

Post by 808Spense »

The shipping to Canada cost as much as the vinyl itself, but this is still my first vinyl purchase by FSOL in 30 years.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Vinyl costs (and shipping costs) have become so untenable for me that only in the rarest of the rare occasions (e.g. a nice picture disc) will I order a physical copy of music nowadays (N.B. still buy them - not turned into a nasty pirate, just buy them as digital downloads !)
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Ross wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:18 pm 'Honesty' is the full version of 'LA7' from the early digital release of From the Archives Vol 3. The Nu Generation was obviously on one of the Calendar albums.

I think this will go down pretty well - the alias tracks are less like their rave material and closer in style to things like Fuzzy Logic and Accelerator. The FSOL tracks feel more like they're from '92/'93, think Ephidrina / Tokyo Travel / Plazmatical.

01. The Future Sound of London - Honesty
02. The Future Sound of London - Dialectics
03. Yage - Sun Risen
04. Mental Cube - Big Lie
05. Smart Systems - The Nu Generation
06. Indo Tribe - Obstinta
07. The Future Sound of London - Reasonable Aquiries
08. Yage - Man Shall Be Conditioned

No idea if there's an expanded CD version coming on FSOLDigital. Wouldn't be surprised if there is, but who knows.
This isn't really on topic (sorry) but it's a shame they haven't released anymore Sand Sound Folly other than the Salient Moons 1973 EP. And that was 10 years ago :o That's probably my favourite alias release, or certainly up there.

Back on topic, Pulse Five sound promising. Always good to get more Yage, another of my favourites from the aliases.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Salient Moons was initially planned to be an album but never got finished. I love that EP, I’ve already petitioned Brian for a second haha.

Other than that Yage EP in 2020 we’ve not actually had a proper alias release in nearly eight years, it’s just been FSOL and Humanoid, hasn’t it?
808Spense
Hardhead

Post by 808Spense »

mcbpete wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:12 pm Vinyl costs (and shipping costs) have become so untenable for me that only in the rarest of the rare occasions (e.g. a nice picture disc) will I order a physical copy of music nowadays (N.B. still buy them - not turned into a nasty pirate, just buy them as digital downloads !)
Same as me for the most part. I get special editions and stuff I stumble across in record shops, but otherwise, the shipping costs too much. For FSOL, I prefer the continous play of digital and CDs. I would have bought the reissues of Lifeforms and Dead Cities on vinyl if anything new had been added. This one is different though as I imagine it will have breaks between the tracks.
nanio tine
Hardhead

Post by nanio tine »

some good sounds here, look forward to hearing the full thing. 92/93 style is definitely appealing
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Ross wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:29 pm Salient Moons was initially planned to be an album but never got finished. I love that EP, I’ve already petitioned Brian for a second haha.

Other than that Yage EP in 2020 we’ve not actually had a proper alias release in nearly eight years, it’s just been FSOL and Humanoid, hasn’t it?
Consider this my signature on that petition :mrgreen:
sigESANg5
Tingler

Post by sigESANg5 »

two new tracks were released this week ... 'Reasonable Aquiries' - what a track of beauty! lovely stuff <3
808Spense
Hardhead

Post by 808Spense »

The full album is up on bandcamp now. I couldn't wait for the vinyl to arrive. Some great tracks and some that I imagine would mostly appeal to nostalgists of early 90s techno/rave.