Humanoid - Sweet Acid Sound - expanded CD edition out now

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Humanoid - Sweet Acid Sound - expanded CD edition out now

Post by Ross »

New Humanoid 12" on De:Tuned. Four tracks: 'Sweet Acid Sound', '808 Nation', 'Roached' and 'Si-Rak'. '808 Nation' is written by 808 State, wondering if it's the cover of Flow Coma we heard on a mix a few years ago.
Pre-order from Bandcamp: https://detunedrecords.bandcamp.com/alb ... acid-sound
Ross

Re: Humanoid - Sweet Acid Sound (12" on De:Tuned) out 29th May

Post by Ross »

Ross

Re: Humanoid - Sweet Acid Sound (12" on De:Tuned) out 29th May

Post by Ross »

Out now!
Ross

Re: Humanoid - Sweet Acid Sound - expanded CD edition out now

Post by Ross »

Once again, we get an expanded album version on download / CD from FSOLDigital:
https://fsol.bandcamp.com/album/sweet-acid-sounds

12 tracks, including 'Orfan Atmos', which is probably another remix of the Built by Humanoid track.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Woah nearly missed that one - Got the email and assumed it was De:Tuned release just on their Bandcamp and mis-pluralised just to confuse things like they like to do :D
Ross

Post by Ross »

As soon as I got the notification I knew what it'd be - given the last two releases, an expanded FSOLDigital version was kind of inevitable.

A few thoughts on first listen. 'Identity' is the only new track to feature the polished, housey sound of the EP. The rest is slightly more on the murkier end of things, like a lot of 7 Songs and the Built by Humanoid bonus EP. 'Trol' features field recordings and atmospheric samples. The final three tracks are more like the 2017-2020 IDM Humanoid sound rather than the straight-forward acid of recent releases. 'Fueler' wouldn't be out of place on e7.01 or 7.02 or a recent Calendar Album, 'Yakishamat' is quite whimsical. 'Orfan Atmos' starts with another three minute version of the track, then there's a tiny gap followed by a lengthy hidden track which is reminiscent of the skeletal Humanoid pieces on the 2021 Calendar. It kind of feels like the album starts out with its most commercial/accessible track and gradually veers away from that over the course of an hour.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

I got it yesterday and gave it a listen. It's enjoyable, there's some good stuff on there, though I agree it's a slightly odd release in that the style at the start is nothing like the style at the end. I also realised in getting it that I completely failed to buy the 7 Songs EP/Album thing so I will have to go back and get that at some point.

I don't listen to the Humanoid releases as much as I should for whatever reason, I got the T-shirt that came with the Built by Humanoid album and I swear I have worn it way more times than I've listened to the actual album!
I am the eye that looks within
gabo86
Hardhead

Post by gabo86 »

Hi everyone,
as some of you know, I only listen to (and own) album-lenght releases by every artist I love, including FSOL. So I totally skipped this EP until it became an album, and I'm about to take it.
I was wondering: if I had not read this board, I would never know about this release, and it's the same for other releases. So: is there any promotional channel other than this? Just to know how can a "normal person" (who does not read this board) learn about new releases and buy it?
Then there is the ongoing mistery about FSOLDigital (why Bandcamp and not their website?) but we've already talked about it.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Everything gets posted on the FSOL Facebook and Instagram, there’s an FSOL Facebook group, and you can follow on Bandcamp, which should give you email updates and also in-app updates if you use the Bandcamp app.
Trigga Bo
Tingler

Post by Trigga Bo »

mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

I'm normally quite dismissive of those mulchymorphing midjourney/stable diffusion/dall-e type 'automated' videos but in this instance .... aye I think it works! Definitely fits the aesthetic of the track
Caged Element
Hardhead

Post by Caged Element »

Hi Everyone!
I'm big FSOL fan, but it's the Humanoid project that really interest me and this latest is absolutely stunning!!
I love the style change and actually like this (just a little) more than the Built by album. Although I still listen to that a lot.
I have kept the Sweet Acid Sound EP separate from the 8 new tracks when I listen to it on my player.
This will be on heavy rotation for a while! Fueler has been my favourite for some time now. Love it!!
10/10 👏🏻👏🏻
nanio tine
Hardhead

Post by nanio tine »

some decent stuff here, a nice mix of humanoid acid and fsol atmospherics. not quite my direction of choice but its got a good solid style throughout while being quite varied too. I still think this sound works better in humanoid context rather than trying to mix it in with ambient on fsol albums