Humanoid - sT8818r Humanoid - Autechre, Luke Vibert, Mike Dred remixes

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Humanoid - sT8818r Humanoid - Autechre, Luke Vibert, Mike Dred remixes

Post by Ross »

They're new tracks, in the style of the 7 Songs album. If you like that record then they're worth a purchase.

I don't think there's really much in the archives, Humanoid-wise, so everything you get these days is from the past few years.
cascade
Hardhead

Post by cascade »

Ross wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:08 pm They're new tracks, in the style of the 7 Songs album. If you like that record then they're worth a purchase.

I don't think there's really much in the archives, Humanoid-wise, so everything you get these days is from the past few years.
thanks ross :D
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Wasn't sure whether to put in here or t'otherwise but unreleased Gescom (Autechre's alter ego sometimes with other folks, sometimes without them) remix of Stakker Humanoid has just come to light last week. (ffwd to 14m55s if the below link doesn't jump to quite the right place)

From the remix date (2006) it was presumably going to be used for the 2007 12'' ( https://www.discogs.com/release/1131053 ... r-Humanoid ) release
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Finally got round to hearing this one too this week, some great mixes on there. Love how the Inkipak Mix is as much a remix of st8818r Humanoid as it is Amorphous Androgynous - Swab
Trigga Bo
Tingler

Post by Trigga Bo »

Thanks mcbpete couldn't remember in any way from which composition FSOL, Inkipak took samples...
for some reason I thought from some version of Papua :)
I was also pleased with techno from Tejada and Brian's mix on yourself, turned out to be in the style of FSOL...
Heogen reminded Robert Miles