Humanoid - 7 Songs - 5th July on De:Tuned

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Humanoid - 7 Songs - 5th July on De:Tuned

Post by Ross »

Latest thing I've heard is that FSOLDigital will be down for maintenance soon, so it'll probably be on there when it comes back up. Surprised that it's sold out already, sales must be up at the minute! There's always Juno.
moxlox
Tingler

Post by moxlox »

So got this for Xmas. 😁

Very acid house throughout and really rather excellent. On the CD it only names tracks 1-10 on the cover, but does indeed have 14 tracks on it - for an EP/album called 7 Songs 🤣

Also unexpectedly it states “All tracks written by Dougans/Cobain”!! (except Hed Set which is attributed to Dougans/White/Cobain). Anyone know the truth behind this? Did Gaz become involved in Brian’s revived solo project? I recall some had doubts Gaz had much involvement on the “dance” led WHE 2021 release. So perhaps he did on that, and also got involved in an acid house revival in this Humanoid release.
Repetition Is A Form Of Change
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

I'm pretty sure everything they do is published as Dougans / Cobain. The Polemical stuff on FSOL Digital Mix was credited to the pair of them, despite it being Brian's circuit-bending experiments.
nanio tine
Hardhead

Post by nanio tine »

I thought that would be the case. back when gaz used Facebook he was saying he wasn't interested in electronica at all any more so I can't imagine him making this album at all haha.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Somehow I wasn’t expecting much from this release - but boy oh boy was I wrong!
Haven’t heard such great bangers in years!
(Not that they don’t exist, I just didn’t casually listened to acid records in the last couple of years)
This record took me back in time and forward with its warm bubbly acid at the same time. Amazeballs :)
You're doin' too much, do less.