Cartel Remixes *download* album

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Cartel Remixes *download* album

Post by dell1972 »

The Cartel Remixes appears with a mighty "I'm here!!" on fsoldigital. Flac and MP3 of course.

Looks like we're getting weekly releases now...

Oh, hold on, it says "This is a different track listing to the Record Store Day Ltd. vinyl release"

And indeed it is different.

Missing tracks in download version:
000000 [Cranium Pie's Baking Research Centre Remix] (edit, actually no I think this is included later as "1 000000")
The Killin' Spree
The Costa Rican Cartel
Banksters
The Bug
Regrets [Re-edit]
The Wasp
Bankster Island
The First Billion Is The Hardest
Regrets And The Damage Done [Lost In Edit Re-mix]
The Rat
Opium Smiles

Additional tracks in download version:
Anadolu Dub (Lost In Edit Remix of ‘An Ocean of Regret’)
Watery Grave (Cranium Pie’s Baking Research Station Remix of ‘Regrets & Last Respects’)

I think. Oh, my head hurts. It's Your Body Robotic/Subatomic all over again...

Most of the missing tracks I think may just be from the original releases, judging by the titles. Without listening to them though I can't be sure.

Regrets [Re-edit], Regrets And The Damage Done [Lost In Edit Re-mix] and Opium Smiles certainly look to be missing though.
I am the eye that looks within
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: Cartel Remixes *download* album

Post by Pandemonium »

You got the missing/additional tracks right Dell :)

...And I've been listening the vinyl versions all day long... and now this...
You're doin' too much, do less.
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Yeah this "download version " sounds as your body subatomic release with all these extras, and not sure if all songs maybe are diff remixes from final tracks or something....

Is great to see lots and lots of new releases but bad for me for support as this year is really fucked for me for get money for nothing,but im happy to see more and more items on FSOLdigital
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Really enjoyable release. I'm surprised at how much I liked the Cranium Pie Baking Research Centre Remixes. Shouldn't be that surprised really as they wouldn't have put three of them on there if they were a bit rubbish. The DJ Food one is really great (and really long) too, as is the Nmesh(!) one, liked the way that progressed.

I see there's three on there that are effectively either their own remixes or different versions. A lot to take in.
I am the eye that looks within
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

2014 is the new 2007.
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

Also available on iTunes for ala cart downloads. Looks like only 2 exclusive tracks, the other Youth mix is unlisted on the vinyl.
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
Concept
Tingler

Post by Concept »

Damn this remix album flows well.
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

Oh HELL yes. I'll have to wait til tomorrow, as my Paypal account (aka my music fund) is drained from all the other releases. Still curious to why my Radio Breakdown mix was shortened to 'Radio Break'. Never questioned it - actually thought it might be a typo :P Happy to see it still made the cut though ✓✓✓
Proceed with visual attack.
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

I'm just finishing this and I have to admit that the AA remix of the "Billion Breaks" (which is my favorite original track anyway) takes the cake here with all the small details. Blinding funk-ness!
It was actually the first one make me check the playlist and put that oh-so-familiar grin on my face ;)

I really enjoy this, completely on par with the actual Cartel albums. Other remixes are fine too, just re-blasting your remix Nmesh BTW, good job man! Perfect summer listening, pure victory from start to finish.
from the source flows the endless...
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

tryptych wrote:I really enjoy this, completely on par with the actual Cartel albums. Other remixes are fine too, just re-blasting your remix Nmesh BTW, good job man! Perfect summer listening, pure victory from start to finish.
cheers- it was actually 'tweaked' by B&G in a number of areas on the final release. Had a real :?: moment when I first heard the digital copy, haha..
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

confused....are you saying both the vinyl and web version were tweaked....or just the web version?

what kind of tweaks were made?!?!??
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

No, the vinyl and web version are the same - I only first heard it after the web version came out. The 'surprise' edits were: about a minute was taken off in the opening and the ending (originally was around 6:00 I think), flangers added around 1:15, guitars added around 2:22 where there were none, and what sounds like a freight train around 2:35 and again around 3:25, guitar-fx added around 4:20, and the last 20 seconds is all their doing :D I was completely blown away when I heard it (in a slightly confused, but ultimately good way). The ORIGINAL original when brian and I were going back and forth contained a lot more classic car chase movie samples (Bulllitt, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Italian Job, Vanishing Point) but was decided it would be wise to cut back on them to play it safe.