News teaser thread

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
ronniedobbs
Expander

Re: News teaser thread

Post by ronniedobbs »

Anyone still have the Lifeforms VHS?
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

I do, gets a watch once in a while. What I want is that Teachings From the Electronic Brain video that went on eBay for about £250 a few years back.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Ross wrote:I do, gets a watch once in a while. What I want is that Teachings From the Electronic Brain video that went on eBay for about £250 a few years back.
I remember that, I personally went up to ~£90 and was the winner in the last minute and then *bam* about 20 seconds to go - sniper bids did their thing !
Ross

Post by Ross »

Ha yes, I was watching it and had a limit of about £75 I think. But there's just no point in bidding before the last 20 or 30 seconds. I learned that on my first ever eBay bid, the first promo of The Isness, which I spent the last 15 minutes needlessly doubling the price of with one other person when a single bid at 30 seconds would have done the job!
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Yeah 'retro futurism'-style was always part of the concepts of nearly all the ebs-releases I guess. Something that I really like about them, in those mixes they veered a bit away as FSOL from their future-scifi-obsessed 90ies-aesthetic. Of course all their recordings, mixes & experiences with anything AA-related may have played an important role in that development, I suppose.

Concerning that whole 'hauntology' thing (as far as I noticed) : I nearly like everything coming out from the Ghost Box, and I really liked the first 3 or 4 Moon Wiring Club albums, but then he´s got quite 'samey' indeed.
And then there´s Pye Corner Audio, which I think is good (but not great). Must be in the mood for it.

Oh, and looking forward to a double CD full of new (retrofuturistic :) ) FSOL this year...

PS: EBS on VHS does hopefully not mean they will sell video-cassettes via fsoldigital? Maybe some kind of a video-stream with 'VHS-aesthetic'?
Magnificient Insignificance
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

ronniedobbs wrote:Anyone still have the Lifeforms VHS?
Been on display for 13 years in the 'studio', sitting next to Eurotechno VHS. Unfortunately, nothing to play them on, atm. At least there's YouTube.
Proceed with visual attack.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Dennis wrote:PS: EBS on VHS does hopefully not mean they will sell video-cassettes via fsoldigital? Maybe some kind of a video-stream with 'VHS-aesthetic'?
Brian wrote: EBS 9 --- we are considering a VHS release
I would imagine if it does come out as a video, there will also be a digital version to download.
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

speaking of videos, do we think we'll ever get the promised Live DVD from "In 2 Minds" circa 2010?

Also re: ebay, was anyone here the seller or buyer of copy 0001 of Alice in Ultraland vinyl? It sold in 2010 I believe for around $60 but it was too rich for my blood at the time. Would have LOVED to own that.
Ross

Post by Ross »

That's strange, I was told there were two 0001s, belonging to Brian and Gaz... Graham has 0002 (if I remember correctly) and I have 0003.
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

This is the one I'm referring to, does it look like Brian or Gary's copy? They have the date wrong I believe.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/f ... -281878056