Tech Halp

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Re: Tech Halp

Post by Tito Lozano »

I only can say that if you don´t understand how works your soundcard , maybe you must sale onj auction on ebay and try for buy this:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Akai-EIE-USB-Aud ... 3cda0e77c2

or this

http://www.ebay.es/itm/LINE-6-UX2-TONEP ... 3f31cad1a8

And well in music all is better when you take a time for experiment with plugs, me not use any interface for the moment, no money for it, but sure i will buy 1 of these for work , i have a midi usb key that works fine on direct usb to laptop, korg mpk2 that works direct on pc audio input and still rec things on mobile recording or mp3 rec,but sure with time buy audio inetface and a little mixing desk for work but for the moment with a pro and my midi piano made things ok....
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

seedy wrote:http://www.behringer.com/assets/Q502USB ... QSG_WW.pdf
mine is on the top left of page 7
As in Q502USB ? Yeah it looks like it doesn't have phantom power on the inputs so you'd need some sort of amp to boost the signal of the mic or guitar (i.e. to make it louder). Any amp would do though, doesn't necessarily have to be a behringer one - obviously they want to flog their own model of something !
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

it does have some kind of phantom (see #27 on the diagram legend)
sends 15V of power to the mic inputs for use with a condenser mic (which i'll be googling in a second lol)

so perhaps no amp is needed for the mics?
that said my soundcard has 2 "built in mic preamps"

for guitar yeah i have my own fender amp with preamp out and line out so perhaps this would work?

peeps this is maddening lol

on a different note - i hooked up a 2nd monitor last night so now i have a lot more at my visual disposal
was awesome when i powered everything up :)
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

2nd monitor sounds nice , you have now a little studio for work Mr Seedy
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

i'm getting there dude!

all i have to do is figure how to connect a few more things

and then get myself a new chair because the chair i have is literally going to BREAK me!

and last but surely not least.....i need some decent monitors as right now i'm dealing with lame PC speakers or headphones

oh yeah and i also need countless hours of free time that my life doesn't afford :mrgreen:
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

If you need then any type of support about plugins vst or any other stuff about make things with daw i ill let you all that i can friend, sure i like listen you the best sound as you can make with your guitar/real things , sure will be great stuff Seedy on your mind/host , really exciting for listen demos ;) hope soon listen any preview my friend ,cheers
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
droidfan
Hardhead

Post by droidfan »

tryptych wrote:for extremely pro malware/virus removal, you may want to run (only scan) HiJackThis (super fast and light) -> http://www.filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/
and let some guy who knows what he's doing to check the log. It shows you all the hidden processes/services lurking on your PC.

Try Malwarebytes (for example, trial version), it might help to identify the problem.