nostalgia

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
impurfekt
Hardhead

nostalgia

Post by impurfekt »

Hey folks. I finally released that little EP I was working on. Listen on Soundcloud. Pay what you want via bandcamp.

https://soundcloud.com/impurfekt/sets/nostalgia

http://impurfekt.bandcamp.com/album/nostalgia

Enjoy!

(edit: Soundcloud link added)
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: nostalgia

Post by Pandemonium »

It's a very cool EP. The sound... it sounds like Lifeforms a lot, with some Dead Cities elements...

It sounds very 90s - the whole thing - and I don't know if I mean that in a good way or in a bad one.

(The third track sound very much like Enigma and I think it doesn't belong on the EP...)
You're doin' too much, do less.
impurfekt
Hardhead

Post by impurfekt »

Pandemonium wrote:It's a very cool EP. The sound... it sounds like Lifeforms a lot, with some Dead Cities elements...

It sounds very 90s - the whole thing - and I don't know if I mean that in a good way or in a bad one.

(The third track sound very much like Enigma and I think it doesn't belong on the EP...)
Thanks for having a listen! 90's electronic music is certainly where my heart lies; FSOL and Engima being primary influences when making this sort of music.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

I don't get how can one be inspired by Michael Cretu and FSOL at the same time...
Enigma has a few unforgettable tracks, but in general is a far simpler form of ambient compared with FSOL.

Doing 90s electronic music is OK, but don't get stuck in that period only, try mixing decades and new stuff too - there's so many interesting new stuff (if you dig around) :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
impurfekt
Hardhead

Post by impurfekt »

Pandemonium wrote:I don't get how can one be inspired by Michael Cretu and FSOL at the same time...
Enigma has a few unforgettable tracks, but in general is a far simpler form of ambient compared with FSOL.

Doing 90s electronic music is OK, but don't get stuck in that period only, try mixing decades and new stuff too - there's so many interesting new stuff (if you dig around) :)
Having nostalgia sound like it was produced in the 90's was the idea. If you venture into my other releases you'll find a broader (albeit darker) spectrum.
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

Hey, I see you have distribution from the great CRL Studios and have gained hundreds of fans, congratz :D
from the source flows the endless...
impurfekt
Hardhead

Post by impurfekt »

tryptych wrote:Hey, I see you have distribution from the great CRL Studios and have gained hundreds of fans, congratz :D
Thank you kindly. Yeah, I teamed up with them for my previous release and saw no reason not to with this one as well. They've certainly helped to get the word out better than I. Promotion is a mystery to me.