Background Radiation / Full-Source thread

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
OffLand
Ill Flower

Background Radiation / Full-Source thread

Post by OffLand »

Now that Full-Source is definitely officially over, I thought I'd turn this thread into one about my side project duo project, Background Radiation. With musician, Multi-Panel, we create music that isn't all that different from Full-Source.

Uniform Static
Last edited by OffLand on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ill Flower

Farewell These Unknown Suns

Post by OffLand »

Farewell These Unknown Suns is the final Full-Source album. These eleven songs close the book on the last thirteen years of musical experimentation in the realm of electronic pop music. Collected are elements from all styles of Full-Source over the years. The finished creative output is an album that is unique and (for the first time) very much sounding like Full-Source. The sun sets, we look to the stars. Perhaps a hint of where Tim Dwyer of Full-Source will lead us next.

The album will be out October 1st but you can pre-order and purchase now for a very low price. A free mp3 download on No-Source Netlabel is to follow on October 17th.

Farewell These Unknown Suns (purchase) - (info)

01) Sun Machine
02) Surrounded
03) Leaves Are Gone
04) Sun Showers
05) Dinner Table Conversation
06) Pull Away
07) Autumn
08) Segmented Past
09) Sun Divide
10) Night Hymn
11) Leaving Orbit
12) Farewell
Ill Flower

Re: Full-Source thread

Post by OffLand »

My last Full-Source album is out now. It's been a fun ride but I'm happy to be moving on to other musical endeavors. Thanks to everyone who's listened over the years. It's crazy to think that Full-Source started as project with direct inspiration from FSOL and ended in the weird toytronic pop stuff that it is now. That's experimental music for you.
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Oh, fantastic, downloading this now! Looking forward to hearing it. :)
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

http://electronicmusicreviews.wordpress ... nown-suns/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ross wrote a review of all my Full-Source albums and it's just lovely (though a bit sad).
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

http://www.full-source.com/fullsource/music_del.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If anyone is interested in what the complete Full-Source discography looks like (sans compilations and such), I've just added a page on my Full-Source site. It contains every unreleased and deleted album that I've finished over the years.

Well that's it for Full-Source. A couple older tracks and remixes may come out next year on compilations. No new material though. See you soon with more Off Land. :)
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Lovely stuff. Obsequious Liquid was pretty good back in the day, fond memories of that one. I also have an mp3 of Strange Sensation somewhere! I think you uploaded that one in a 'look at the music I used to make!' moment :) .

Goodbye Full-Source, it's been fun.
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Oh just in case anyone was interested, Drain Pipe on the Full-Source Demo is not the same track as Drain Pipe by Off Land. They are not even related.
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

In case you missed this... Three post-Full-Source solo musings in the form of electronic-pop remixes/reworkings...

http://archive.org/download/NS061/01-NS ... _remix.mp3
http://archive.org/download/NS061/03-NS ... _remix.mp3
http://archive.org/download/NS061/05-NS ... _remix.mp3

Ford Madox Ford is a one time name/project. The style is basically Full-Source with more reverb...

Ill Flower

Re: Background Radiation / Full-Source thread

Post by OffLand »

Background Radiation have a new free album out. It's a collaborative pop project between myself and Ludo (Multi-Panel). Enjoy.

Background Radiation - Uniform Static
http://no-source.info/netlabel/releases_064.htm

01) Bright Lights
02) Anticipation
03) Misery Missouri
04) Tomorrows
05) Youth In You
06) Controls
07) Theme Music
08) Uniform Static
09) Dark Energy
10) Stars Or Jets
11) Oneness (feat. Caleb Moon)
12) In Mind
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

New Background Radiation single if anyone's interested. Ludo and I are starting a single series because I can't commit to making Pop EPs and Albums anymore. Singles are more gratifying though. We'll be putting all of them on our Bandcamp page this year and next as we finish them.

01_ String Theory
02_ Divisible
Last edited by OffLand on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

New Background Radiation

Ruralism EP
"We wanted to take a short break from our Singles Series to try something different. The result is six short folk songs strung together with nature field recordings. These minimalist tracks evoke the feel of Ludo and I playing live together with just a guitar, glockenspiel, and vocals. We hope that enjoy this EP just as much as we enjoyed making it. Have a great summer"

Forgot to post our previous single. Features some samples of a percussion piece by Nick Zammuto (The Books), used with permission :mrgreen: