Pande-reviews: 2009.0 (FSOL - EBS Vol.4)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: Pande-reviews: 1992.2 (PNG, Accelerator re-releases)

Post by Pandemonium »

And now: the Papua New Guinea madness arrives >

The Future Sound of London - Papua New Guinea [single remixes] (11.05.1992)
Jumpin' & Pumpin' – 12TOT 17R / TOT 17 / MCS TOT 17 / CDS TOT 17 (UK)
ZYX Records - ZYX 6786-12 / ZYX 6786-8 (Germany)
R & S Records - RS 92709 (Belgium)

Image Image
- just look at the awesomeness on that R&S red 7" cover...

So in 1992 the shit hit the fan, big time! PNG was massive hit all around, and it got re-released, remixed, and then re-released some more :)
FSOL's home label at that time, Jumpin' & Pumpin' released a 2nd pressing promo 12", official Single+Remixes CD + Cassette + 12", and at least 5 more DJ 12" that were in generic black sleeve, plain black sleeve or company logo sleeve. There was also a 7" release - I never quite understood why labels release these, maybe for collectors of rare items...
Also, there was a 12" and CD release for ZYX Records in Germany, and another 7" rarity for R & S Records in Belgium.
All in all PNG was reprinted at least 15 up to 1992 - I wonder what was the total number of copies sold... (not to mention it got re-released another 20ish times in 2001 and after that...)

In the '92 releases, Dougans/Cobain made three new versions/mixes of PNG, 'Journey To Pyramid', 'Monsoon Mix' and 'Dub Mix', and three remixers also appeared, the master producer Andrew Weatherall, the man who forged The Sabres of Paradise, Two Lone Swordsmen and lots of other bands; then Graham Massey, the founder of 808 State (they need no introduction), and a less known DJ named Hamish McDonald.

I remember reading in some interview that Cobain's girlfriend was in Greece, and some dude over there got a crush on her, made her a mixtape, and the Dead Can Dance track called Dawn of the Iconoclast was on there, and apparently this is how the whole idea of PNG was conceived - like a love story in a triangle :)

CDS TOT 17
01 - Papua New Guinea (7" Original) | 3:47
- also known as Radio Edit

02 - Papua New Guinea (Andrew Weatherall Mix) | 9:43
- stunning mix by Weatherall with strings, scratches, chants (apparently other members of The Sabres of Paradise helped too) ...almost as good as the original

03 - Papua New Guinea (Dub Mix) | 1:20
- a shot one, used like some kind of prelude for the Journey To Pyramid

04 - Papua New Guinea (Journey To Pyramid) | 5:25
- a mystical version with smoother breaks and piano rearrangements

05 - Papua New Guinea (Graham Massey Mix) | 3:45
- a trippier version, I would call it a re-cut, in the style od the 808 State, some nice sax samples thrown in the right places... maybe they aren't samples at all, more like someone played saxophone with the PNG notes variation

06 - Papua New Guinea (Dumb Child Of Q Mix) | 4:20
- already released on the original 1991 release

07 - Papua New Guinea (12" Original) | 4:57
- also known as the Dali mix from 1991

08 - Papua New Guinea (Hamish McDonald Mix) | 5:04
- lots of additional congas, percussions and other tribal and pagan elements, taking the PNG to the roots of Papua New Guinea, which was the last place on Earth having natives to commonly use cannibalism. Also it samples quite a lot (see below)

12 TOT 17R
A2 - Papua New Guinea (Andrew Weatherall Mix) | 11:31
- almost two minutes longer than the CD release, know as the Full Length Mix

B2 - Papua New Guinea (Monsoon Mix) | 4:49
- an exclusive mix to the 12" release, but this is barely a mix, more like a enhanced version of the original

FSOL - Papua New Guinea (Hamish McDonald Mix)

the opening effects of Hamish McDonald Mix sample from the opening of Tangerine Dream - Movements of a Visionary (from Phaedra 1974)

the rasta voice that appears on 2:06 is sampled from the opening of Mikey Dread - Saturday Night Style from 1979

'We are the future' vocal sample that appears on 2:46 is sampled from Afrika Bambaataa - Looking for the Perfect Beat 1983 (at 5:52)

Hamish McDonald Mix also samples the opening chirps of Pink Floyd - Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict (album: Ummagumma, 1969)

The original mix of PNG contains lots of samples, covered in the 1st release of the single - here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Future Sound of London - Accelerator (Re-Releases with Remixes) (1992)
Jumpin' & Pumpin' – CD TOT 2R / LP TOT 2 (UK)
R & S Records - RS 2192CD (Belgium)
Addiction Records - ADD CD 002 (Australia)

The Accelerator, being the album that contained PNG, previously released only on CD and cassette, got properly re-released on Jumpin' & Pumpin' on another CD and 12", also on CDs in Belgium and Australia. The timing on the track cuts are a mess here, somewhere the writing is right and the tracks are wrong - and somewhere the writing is wrong and the cuts are OK.
Anyway, two new remixes appeard on the 2nd pressing of Accelerator, the Moscow remix being the better one, I think...

11 - Expander (Remix) | 4:54
12 - Moscow (Remix) | 4:55

Expander (Remix) samples small cuts from the bongos (throughout the tracks) of Michael Viner's Incredible Bongo Band - Apache (most notably at 3:12) (album: Bongo Rock, 1973)

The Future Sound of London - Moscow (Remix)
Last edited by Pandemonium on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 14 times in total.
You're doin' too much, do less.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Pande-reviews: 1992.1 (Yage, Pulse 4)

Post by Ross »

I really, really, really, really, really hate the Andy Weatherall mix.

Hamish McDonald was in 80s goth band Sexbeat and a DJ at London goth club The Batcave around the time. And various other things. He has a Soundcloud... http://soundcloud.com/h808
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Well, I dunno Ross, I like the opening of the Weatherall mix a lot - it's not a bad mix at all...
(actually, the whole CD is not boring at all and you could spin it all day :) )

PS - Ross, I don't know if you read the whole post, I was in the middle of editing pictures/videos when you posted :)

PPS - this post was meant to have Stakker Humanoid 92 re-releases too, but I'm just too damn tired right now :)
- Read ya tomorrow...

PPPS - nice info on McDonald :)
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

BTW - There's quite an obvious source of inspiration for Papua New Guinea: Meat Beat Manifesto's Radio Babylon -

Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: Pande-reviews: 1992.3 (Stakker Humanoid re-releases)

Post by Pandemonium »

Humanoid - Stakker Humanoid [single remixes] (1992)
Jumpin' & Pumpin' - CDS TOT 27 / ZYX 6725-8

On the wave of PNG the 1988 acid classic Stakker Humanoid was also re-released and remixed on Jumpin' & Pumpin'.
(...I forgot to properly present the wave of madness it caused in 1988, it got more than 14 re-releases) Stakker Humanoid original label was Westside Records; it was re-released on ZYX in Germany, Max Music in Spain, Possum for Australasia, Alfa International for Japan, Beat Box for Sweden, On The Beat for France, and many more...

Image Image

In 1992, Stakker Humanoid got re-released with new remixes for Jumpin' & Pumpin', somehow they got the license form Westside, and it was re-released big time - there are at least eleven 12" different colored vinyls and also a cassette and a CD from J&P; Dureco also released a 12" and a CD for the Netherlands, and there were a couple of shady releases for the German ZYX, but later was revealed that these were not original FSOL productions, they were instead re-produced by 3 Steps 2 Heaven, and the were re-produced badly I might add.

Unlike PNG, all the new remixes of Stakker Humanoid were done by Dougans/Cobain, And you can feel that the mixes look-a-like with each other.

CDS TOT 27
01 - Stakker Humanoid (7" Original) | 3:40 - known as the radio edit

02 - Stakker Humanoid (Smart Systems Remix) | 4:52 - not that much different from the original, but with enhanced pumping energy!

03 - Stakker Humanoid (Gary Cobain '94 Mix) | 5:41 - even though it's released in '92, this is a '94 mix by Gary; this guy obviously jumped two years into the future where he had better mixing skills and made a hell-of-a-remix, it just stands out.

04 - Stakker Humanoid (Omen Mix) | 7:36 - already released on the 1988 original release

05 - Stakker Humanoid (303 Tribe) | 5:31 - again, not that different from the original, except for the tribal parts

06 - Stakker Humanoid (Outer Limits) | 4:51 - a straighter 4/4 dancefloor killer.

07 - Stakker Humanoid (12" Original) | 4:55 - already released on the 1988 original release

08 - Stakker Humanoid (Dub Drums) | 2:43 - a short one, similar like the PNG dub, with heavier dubby bass, it marks the end of the CD

A4 - Stakker Humanoid (Snowman 12" Mix) | 3:54 - this is an exclusive mix on the 12" release of J&P, a slightly longer version of this one was released later on the Sessions 84-88 (reviewed before, search previous posts), this one looks like a different slower-building cut compared to the Sessions version.

ZYX 6725-8
02 - Humanoid 92 (Tempus Est Iocundum) | 7:04 - this looks like a exclusive mix here, but it's really really bad imitation of B&G, and the production is just terrible...

Stakker Humanoid (Smart Systems Remix)
Last edited by Pandemonium on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: Pande-reviews: 1992.4 (Semi-Real, Metropolis, Aircut)

Post by Pandemonium »

The mid-92 releases are a little weird, as they seem with lower quality than the things released recently before them (like PNG, Accelerator). The only explanation would be - they were made earlier than PNG & Accelerator and released later. The various aliases continued to pile up, like B&G still weren't convinced they should go with one main alias (even today they still aren't :) but at least they narrowed them down a little).

Semi Real – People Livin' Today [single] (1992) Jumpin' & Pumpin' – 12 TOT 30 / CDS TOT 30

This Semi-Real single is ridiculous compared to PNG & Accelerator, it's some kind of euro-house track melded with some acoustic guitar sample and some flutes (the only part I like here is the flutes). It is probably their weakest single released ever - but don't get me wrong, even today, 20+ years later, young DJs make tracks like this one and make Ibiza parties, earn some money, fuck some chicks, and they really think they are famous :) Luckily, this release is stand-alone (they even made the effort to release it on 12" & CD) and it's not re-released at all.

1 - People Livin' Today (7" Mix) | 4:01
2 - People Livin' Today (Original) | 5:10 - the flutes are the only passable thing here
3 - People Livin' Today (Med Mix) | 5:03 - the guitars are actually on this mix
4 - People Livin' Today (Endorphine Mix) | 5:41 - a mix with more acid-like oscillations
5 - People Livin' Today (Deep Fried Mix) | 4:27 - this is actually the most acceptable mix
6 - People Livin' Today (Radio Med Mix) | 3:40

Semi Real – People Livin' Today (Med Mix) - YouTube got it wrong, it is not the original

PS - Ross, I always thought that the vocal is female here... and you say on your website that its male... could go both ways I guess :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Metropolis - Metropolis [single] (1992) Union City Recordings - UCRT 11 / UCRTDJ 11 / UCRCD 11

Image - what were they thinking with this cover...?

A latin themed single that was not released on J&P but on Union City Recordings, which was short-lived, and FSOL somehow kept the copy-rights and re-released Metropolis in 2007 on their new web-shop, but this release was re-produced and with new exclusive tracks, so we'll get to it when we get to 2007.

1 - Metropolis (Original) | 5:47 - a latin techno-house straight beat with some nice effects

2 - Metropolis (Analog) | 3:59 - I like this one better, it's just more weird :)

3 - Hyporeel | 5:01 - again some euro-house piano themed track, they took the piano samples from an Italian band, that was influenced by the Detroit sound of Underground Resistance (UR were huge in '92)

4 - Metropolis (Sueto Mix) | 5:35 - a more calm mix which actually gives a decent ride

Metropolis - Hyporeel

Nikita Warren ‎- I Need You (1991) - the piano sample that appears on Hyporeel at 0:37, is opening on this track (and the drummer wears a UR shirt!)

Also, Metropolis almost definitely samples The Orb - U.F.Orb which is kinda weird since they're both from 1992.

Aircut - Visual Attack [single remixes] (1992) Sonic Records ‎– SNC-2005-1

This mysterious single got it self another release with some remixes. The record says: from the album 'Killer Techno' whatever that is...

A1 - Visual Attack (Original Attack) | 4:34 - on 2:10 there is a wonderful part where the track calms down and we see a glimpse of things to come :)

A2 - Visual Attack (Humanoid Attack) | 4:41 - unfortunately, the track I have stops playing at 1:37, so I can't say much about this mix...

B1 - Visual Attack (Oh-Bonic Assault) | 4:02 - the Oh-Bonic mixes were done by a DJ named Omar Santana and have nothing to do with B&G

B2 - Visual Attack (Oh-Bonic Attack) | 6:08 - and they are kinda bad...
Last edited by Pandemonium on Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Ross

Re: Pande-reviews: 1992.4 (Semi-Real, Metropolis, Aircut)

Post by Ross »

Oh God, People Livin Today. I always try and forget about that one.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: Pande-reviews: 1992.5 (EarthBeat, By Any Other Name)

Post by Pandemonium »

In mid-92 Jumpin' & Pumpin' released another full-length called EarthBeat, which was released like a compilation album but in-fact, all the artists were B&G aliases, tracks from the 1990-1992 era that didn't get proper digital release; or J&P were hoping to keep riding on the PNG glory and maybe induce another popular PNG-like track...

Various Artists – EarthBeat [compilation] (1992)
Jumpin' & Pumpin' – CD TOT 7 / LP TOT 7 / MC TOT 7

Only one track is exclusive here (No.7), and a few more mixes are slightly re-produced but all in all, most of them are a digital re-release. (details below)

01 - Mental Cube – Q (Original) | 4:15 - released on the Chile of The Bass Generation EP (1990) and on the Q single (1991) - but this version is somewhere between the these two, slightly reproduced, some effects are brought to front, some more to back.

02 - Yage – Quazi | 6:32 - released on the Fuzzy Logic EP (1992)

03 - Candese – You Took My Love | 4:19 - released on the You Took My Love EP (1991) as the (Earth Mix)

04 - The Future Sound Of London – Papua New Guinea (Dumb Child Of Q) | 4:23 - released on the PNG single in 1991 and 1992, this is the same as the 92 version (even though both versions are the same, the earlier one is about 10 seconds shorter)

05 - Indo Tribe – Owl | 4:57 - released on The Pulse EP3 (1991) as the (I Can See You Mix), only here we don't have the rap-vocals, so this could be the official Owl version, and The Pulse EP3 version is (I Can See You Mix) with the rapping.

06 - Semi Real – People Livin' Today | 5:03 - released on the People Livin' Today single (1992) as the (Med Mix)

07 - Yage – Theme From Hot Burst | 4:35 - the exclusive track here, a nice groovy ride, sounds like a part of soundtrack...

08 - Indo Tribe – Shrink | 4:27 - released on The Pulse EP4 (1992)

09 - Mental Cube – So This Is Love | 4:51 - released on the So This Is Love single (1991)

10 - Mental Cube – Chile Of The Bass Generation | 4:02 - released on the Chile of The Bass Generation EP (1990) - this version seems slightly reproduced and sounds more alive and a little bit faster

11 - Smart Systems – Tingler (Remix) | 5:04 - released on The Tingler Remix single (1991) as the (Mingler Mix)

12 - Yage – Coda Coma | 4:51 - released on the Fuzzy Logic EP (1992)

13 - Indo Tribe – In The Mind Of A Child | 5:04 - released on The Pulse EP1 (1991) as the (First Born Mix)

14 - Humanoid – Stakker Humanoid (Coby '94 Mix) | 6:06 - released on the Stakker Humanoid 92 single remixes as (Gary Cobain '94 Mix)

15 - Smart Systems – Creator | 2:58 - released on The Pulse EP4 (1992) as The Creator, but this version here is 90 seconds shorter so I guess it's an (Edit)

16 - Indo Tribe – Bite The Bullet Baby | 3:16 - released on The Pulse EP3 (1991) as (Jaques Reynoix Mix), but this version here is also an (Edit) because it's 70 seconds shorter - again, probably to fit all these tracks on a CD, they clock 74:43 (and the first old CDs could not take more than 75 minutes of audio, the 80 minute ones came later) so they edited out the last two tracks.

Yage – Theme From Hot Burst

The Future Sound of London – By Any Other Name [archived works 1991-92] (19.11.2007 Remaster)
Jumpin' & Pumpin' – CD TOT 61 (13.10.2008)
All tracks are from the 1990-1992 period (or probably 1991-1992), released on FSOLDigital.com as MP3 on 19.11.2007

I'm gonna break my chronology again here (probably for the last time) and review this CD, it shouldn't wait till 2007 because all the tracks are obviously from the 1990-1992 period. Lots of recycled beats and samples as usual. This release overall sounds better and more compact than EarthBeat - maybe because it was enhanced in 2007, who knows... Let's listen and write-up some more 4/4 beats then:

01 - Mental Cube – Sightings | 4:32 - definitely recycled, can't remember from where (not form another Mental Cube track for sure)

02 - Indo Tribe – Just Look | 4:41 - Bite The Bullet Baby sample reappears here, lots of nice effects, scary...

03 - Dope Module – We Bring It | 5:34 - Dope Module was a Mental Cube track, here it's a new alias, and a good one, sounds a lot like Underground Resistance Detroit hard-core old-skool techno sound, excellent track!

04 - Yage – 831AM | 5:51 - all Yage tracks are cool, this one with the double bass is no exception, great production.

05 - FSOL – Across The Rivers | 4:29 - it jumps out with the breaks, but it's still a straight beat track and it probably should've been shorter, because it's boring like this... some awesome bop-saxophone here and there to make it less boring, overall not bad but obviously not good enough to end up on the Accelerator

06 - Dope Module – In A Cage | 4:51 - another techno track...

07 - Smart Systems – Visual Attack | 4:43 - the Aircut finally becomes Smart Systems, and this version is (normally) the best one.

08 - Indo Tribe – Great Danger | 5:04 - Indo Tribe tracks always start silly and then surprise me with that MAD sound, killer track!

09 - Mental Cube – Keep Walking | 4:10 - the standard Mental Cube sound, probably recycled again

10 - Yage – Travellers | 4:14 - opening samples definitely recycled, probably from Quazi - actually a very pleasant trippy track.

11 - Yage – Garden Bridge | 3:04 - even trippier - going to ambient lands... the ending conversation is weird (I wonder where is it from...)

12 - Smart Systems – You Might | 4:43 - I actually don't know what to say about this one... it's OK :)

13 - Dope Module – Kremlin Taped | 1:47 - some excellent breaks - this one and the next one should've been mixed into one track

14 - Dope Module – She's So Automatic | 4:27 - going towards trip-hop, this is a ISDN looking track

15 - Yage – Under The Rock | 2:16 - Yage breaks as usual, very good structure and effects

16 - Yage – 1st Calling | 4:19 - the opening flute sounds are recycled and slowed down to death here, overlayed with some faster beats

17 - Smart Systems – Corridor LM3 | 3:43 - although ravey as usual, the production here is at least two levels up, my favorite Smart Systems track by far!

Smart Systems - Corridor LM3
Last edited by Pandemonium on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: Pande-reviews: 1992.6 (The 1992 Remixes)

Post by Pandemonium »

In 1992 FSOL did a fair amount of remixes, but instead of talking in general, lets see what we can ...see...

Unity – Unity (North / South Remixes) (1992)
Union City Recordings - UCRCD 6 / UCRT 6 / UCRTDJ 06

Unity was a 1991 euro-house italo-dance single released on Cardiac Records in UK. In 1992 Union City Recordings released the single remixes - FSOL did the South side mixes. What can I say, the original track is really bad, bad boring dance record, maybe it was huge back then, but this kind of electronic music is not my thing, never was. The FSOL remix is better, they did as much as they could :). It has nice harsh bass and some nice FSOL-style effects.

B1 - Unity (Future Sound Of London Remix) | 4:22 - the main mix with vocals
B2 - Unity (Future Sound Of London Tuff City) | 4:33 - almost the same as the main mix without the vocals, sounds better
B3 - Unity (Future Sound Of London Piano City) | 4:40 - as the mix says, the main thing here are the piano lines, maybe this is the best version..

Unity (Future Sound Of London Remix) opens with the opening of Fozbee & Cooz - Free Your Mind (Psychology EP, 1991)

Unity (Future Sound Of London Remix) - the piano line on 0:47 comes from one of the very first i.e. records featuring A-Sides - Expressions (I'll Be Back EP, 1991) (at 0:27)

Nomad – Your Love Is Lifting Me [single remixes] (1992)
Rumour Records – RUMCD 48 / RUMAT 48 / RUMATDJZ 48 (UK)
On The Beat – OTB 1042-8 / OTB 1042-2 (France)
ZYX Records – ZYX 6764-12 / ZYX 6764-8 (Germany)
Max Music – NM572MA (Spain)

This one got quite the attention, it was released for Roumor for UK, On The Beat for France, ZYX for Germany and Max Music for Spain. Nomad was also a UK house band that had short dance glory in 1989-1992. The original track is not (that) bad, it has nice production, but those infamous house vocals - I just can't stand those, so boring... I'd say again (maybe I'm biased, but I try not to be) FSOL did a better job with the song.

4 - Your Love Is Lifting Me (Smart Systems Mix) | 5:31 - classic ravey Smart Systems, I like this one, but the vocals... too much...
5 - Your Love Is Lifting Me (Deep Field Mix) | 5:05 - less vocals, straighter beat
6 - Your Love Is Lifting Me (Stateside Mix) | 6:11 - the opening is very acid, but then it's kinda house again

Nomad - Your love is lifting me (Smart Systems Remix)

Stereo MC's – Connected (FSOL Mix) [promo single] (1992)
Gee Street – 2324 (promo 12" only)

I found out that this existed only a few years ago, in 2011 I think. Even though Stereo MCs were BIG back in 1992 this mix went unnoticed, mostly because it got released only as a promo 12" in France by Gee Street (a branch of Island Records). The mix is pretty fine, considering the popularity of the original song. It reminds me of a Jamaican version, it barely has vocals, and it sounds very ska :)

A - Connected (Future Sound Of London Mix) | 6:19

Stereo MCs - Connected (Future Sound of London Mix)

Connected (Future Sound of London Mix) samples (from 0:15 onward) the opening of Tangerine Dream - Movements of a Visionary (album: Phaedra, 1974)

Also, the backing 'drone' that runs through most of the track is from Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Wish You Were Here, 1975). [how's that for a Stereo MCs track treatment :) ]

Prefab Sprout – If You Don't Love Me (FSOL Mixes) [single] (1992)
Epic – 49-74743 / EAS 4904 // Columbia – XPR 1859

Finally some US record companies were interested in FSOL. Even though Prefab Sprout were synth-pop band from UK, they were releasing albums for EPIC (part of Sony Music Entertainment) back then. The FSOL mixes are dreamy progressive house, at its best I might add - the original really sucks compared to these. It reminds me a little of BT. There were lots of pressings and lots of mistakes - making the Deepfield and Stateside mixes very hard to distinguish from each other. There was one 12" promo pressing for Columbia records too - it is nice to know (as an artist) that you've been published from the oldest record company ever (founded in 1889).

A2 - If You Don't Love Me (Deep Field Mix) | 5:10
B1 - If You Don't Love Me (Stateside Swamp Mix) | 5:46

A - If You Don't Love Me (Future Sound of London Meets Stephen Lipson Mix) | 6:05 - 12" promo only, I havn't heard this one, can't find it..

Prefab Sprout - If You Don't Love Me (Stateside Swamp Mix)

Inner City - Praise [single remixes] (1992)
10 Records – TENCD 408, 665 378 / TENX 408, 7243 8 90010 6 8 / TENXDJ 408

Inner City were Detroit/Chicago techno group. They were pretty big in the 1989-1993 period, and after that, Kevin Sounderson (the pioneer house DJ from Detroit) went ahead and did different projects. Praise remixes were released for 10 Records, a branch of Virgin. Seeing how the first mix is 15 minutes long, and the contact with Virgin was established, this is the preview of things to come in 1993 - like the 30 minute single called Cascade. The original Praise is pure Detroit house, even little ambiental.

1 - Praise (The Future Sound of London Conceptual) | 15:20 - the Concaptual mix is even more ambient than the original, it really is the first peak of the soundscape sound to come from FSOL, realy good production, the only unnecessary thing here are the vocals...

2 - Praise (The Future Sound of London Concept Dub) | 4:47 - with even more vocals... no thanks...

B2 - Praise (The Future Sound of London Instrumental) | 4:49 - only on the promo 12", I haven't heard this mix, but it's probably just instrumental version of the Dub version.

Inner City - Praise (The Future Sound of London Conceptual)

Inner City - Praise (The Future Sound of London Conceptual) (Most obvious at 10:44, sped-up though) samples the main theme form Tangerine Dream - Love On A Real Train (Risky Business) (a 1984 soundtrack).

Inner City - Praise (The Future Sound of London Conceptual) samples throughout the track (starting at 0:08) a cut/up parts of the melody from a rare UK/US collaboration of 4 techno people joining up to form Critical Rhythm - Kemo Therapy (single: I'm In Dub With You, 1990) (clearest at 2:44)
Last edited by Pandemonium on Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: Pande-reviews: 1992.7 (Kiss Test 1, Peel Session)

Post by Pandemonium »

FSOL - Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 1 [radio mix] (14.09.1992)
- bootleg / first official release 15.11.2008, currently unavailable

At the end of 1992 FSOL got very interested in ambient and all things connected to it. By this time they practically lived in the Earthbeat studio, making music 24/7, mixing and pick-pocketing, they came up with the idea to make their own ambient station, so they started making long test mixes - which were picked up and transmitted on Kiss 100 FM in London (back then known only as Kiss FM). Hosted by Yage and Cyberface (it's not clear who is behind which alias) - they take us on an incredible techno/trance/house/ambient journey...

Appendix A:
In 1990 Pirate radio stations had to shut down for about 1 or 2 years otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to get onto the ballot for a license to broadcast on the air in London. And there were lots of local Pirate stations doing Reggae or Soul, some were good, some were awful... In the late 1980's till it shut down Kiss FM was the top Pirate station in London and had a strong following. I remember speaking to a Kiss DJ in 1988 who said they used 2 high rise blocks of flats to transmit. In one block they would play the vinyl and in an adjacent block of flats with a link in between where they would transmit. This was because if the Police locked on to where the transmitter was and raided the location they only got the transmitter, because the turntables and valuable vinyl tracks were in another location in the other block. They then had to get out quick otherwise all their vinyl was seized as was the Law at that time... In my eyes (or to my ears) they were heroes who just wanted to share their music... (Thanks guys if you read this)...

Appendix B:
Going on a second crate-digging pass on this mix, I think it should be subtitled "FSOL present the Italian underground techno/trance/house scene to the UK" because of all the rare Italian tracks that appear here. The Italian mainstream/underground scene from this period was profoundly influential on the electronic scene yet few people today know about it's significance - but that is a story for another time...

So, Kiss Test Mix 1, deconstructed and explained - read away! (and don't forget to Listen...)
(scroll to the end of the post to see just the tracklist)

Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 1 (Part 1) (45:38)

00:00 - EarthBeat Central Computer - Transmission Intro
- Just like the imaginary engineer Yage, the EarthBeat Central Computer was another imaginary entity that was the vessel for the Kiss mixes, while Yage and Cyberface were the hosts of the show.
- Yage and Cyberface talk, some Predator background sounds, (later these samples will appear on Liquid Insects).

01:10 The Future Sound of London - Lifeforms - (unreleased, later on Virgin, 1994)
- holy SHIT, they had it ready 18 months before the official release, awesome early version!

04:58 The Source - Source EP B1 (aka Aqua Viva) - (R & S Records, 1992) - Robert Leiner alias
- Robert had been DJ’ing from the age of 15 and had built his own recording studio in his hometown Gothenburg, combining the two great passions in his life; electronics and dance music. His work for Swedish record companies and artists brought him recognition and an underground reputation in Scandinavia, however he relocated to Belgium in the early nineties to broaden his artistic scope.
- Robert’s first recording for R&S was released in summer 1992 as an untitled blue label promo and resulted from a live jam. It immediately found it’s way to the worlds influential DJ’s and is now highly sought after, as only a few hundred copies were pressed. (obviously FSOL have one!)
- the opening mentions: "deep into my subconscious you slide, into the chasm of my need, ... through your gills I breathe" - interesting text here, two tacks were named from this text - probably from some movie, or maybe Garry wrote that...
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Source-Source-EP/release/31034 )
- the track was later released as Aqua Viva on this release ( http://www.discogs.com/Robert-Leiner--S ... ase/916693 )

08:22 Tokyo Offshore Project - The 13th Level - (Scien Records, 1992)
- Tokyo Offshore Project formed in Tokyo in 1990 as a Tokyo/London collaboration. The 3 ambient/techno producers were: Frankie Valentine, Kiyoshi Miyaura & Simon Lovejoy. They recorded together until 1994.
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Tokyo-Offshore-P ... ase/222553 ) - from the Aerotek 12" single

11:10 The Future Sound of London - Space Hippy / Answerphones - (unreleased)
- this track is not released even today (2013), some more Predator samples... - is it Hippy or Hippie ??

13:53 Dif Juz - Crosswinds - (4AD, 1985)
- These guys were pretty big in the '80s (1980-86). The name should mean 'different jazz' but I always read it as 'diffuse'. Alan Curtis was a member of Duran Duran (the stupidest band on Earth IMO), but the more interesting member is Richard Thomas, who will end up playing drums on My Kingdom, saxophone on Max, and rhodes on Isness.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Dif-Juz-Extracti ... ase/381667 )

15:14 Ramirez & Pizzaro - Hablando (Accordeon Mix) - (DFC, 1992)
- Massive track, gets remixes even today. These Italian project comes from the DFC (Dance Floor Corporation) label, produced by many members of their production team alongside main member Ramirez.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Ramirez-Pizarro- ... ase/132094 )

19:40 Redcell - Paradroid - (B12, 1992) - B12 alias
- Operating under a wide variety of cameos, Michael Golding and Steve Rutter have provided UK's intelligent techno - early electronica scene - both with inspiring material and a homebase for different sounding productions in the form of the B12 Recordings imprint. From Stasis to As One, UK's finest have all contributed tracks to the imprint's releases. After 3EP was issued on Warp in 1998, the duo retracted from the public eye until 2007 with a bevy of new releases.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Redcell-Redcell/release/4543 ) - wrong release stated from Yage & Cyberface (well, they're allowed to make a few mistakes too...)

23:53 Datura - Yerba Del Diablo (Achico) - (Trance Records, 1991)
- Italian group formed in 1991 in Bologna, Italy, by the musicians Ciro Pagano (ex-member and founder of the Italian electro pop group Gaznevada, one of the most important in the 80's) and Stefano Mazzavillani (musician and arranger of more famous italian pop-singers in the 80's)
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Datura-Yerba-Del ... ease/85735 )

27:40 Double FM - The Sound of Amnesia (Hey Que Pasa) [aka (Amnesia Mix)] - (Rhymes Records Rhythms, 1992)
- Italian House project (Franco Miccoli, Frank 'O Moiraghi). OK, at this point this mix should be subtitled "FSOL present the Italian underground techno/trance/house scene to the UK"...
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Double-FM-The-So ... ase/303413 )

32:08 Night Flight - Volcano (Escape Remix) - (Discoid Corporation, 1992)
- Night Flight aka Gianni Visnadi, yet another Italian producer that had released just one single - this one.
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Night-Flight-Vol ... ease/68296 )

36:10 Don Carlos - Alone (Sax Ambient) - (Calypso Records, 1991)
- Carlo Troja aka Don Carlos hails from Varese, in the north of Italy, and is active as a DJ from the late 70's. He debuted as a producer towards the end of the 80's with the single 'Alone' on Calypso Records (Irma), which became one of the cult tracks of the international Deep House scene.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Don-Carlos-Alone/release/68305 )

41:18 Morganistic - In The Shadow - (Irdial Discs, 1992) - early Luke Slater alias
- The alias is actually Luke Slater & Alan Sage (Luke's long term production partner, also co-founded Jelly Jam Records with him).
- Luke Slater is one of the UK's longest standing techno producers and DJs, active since the late 1980s when he worked in the Mi Price record shop. He was involved with the founding of the Jelly Jam Records shop and label, and went on to release on a number of seminal labels. Was also a resident DJ at Troll.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Morganistic-In-T ... ease/28291 )

45:11 Cabaret Voltaire - D.T.'s / Cold Turkey - (Doublevision, 1983)
- Pioneers of the industrial electronic sound. Cabaret Voltaire were a British music group from Sheffield, England. Initially composed of Stephen Mallinder, Richard H. Kirk and Chris Watson, the group was named after the Cabaret Voltaire, a nightclub in Zurich, Switzerland that was a center for the early Dada movement.
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Cabaret-Voltaire ... ease/60272 )

45:38 End (of Part 1)

Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 1 (Part 2) (30:31)

00:00 - Transmission Intro 2 - unknown dialogue about God and stuff from some B-movie (I presume...)

01:52 - EarthBeat Central Computer - offers mix selection

02:18 The Moody Boys & Screamer Mix - begins
- the tempo is pretty fast, considering that all the Moody Boys tracks are slow dubs with reggae chants, the tracks here are barely recognizable...

-- 02:18 Montreal Jubilation Gospel Choir - Nkosi Sikelel, iAfrica (Lord Bless Africa) - (Blues Beacon Records)
- This is actually the National Anthem of the South African Republic.
- ( )

-- 02:57 ????? - ?????

-- 05:35 ????? - ?????

-- 08:51 Sueño Latino - Sueño Latino (Illusion First Mix by Derrick May) - (Creative Label, 1992)
- Another Italian classic from the DFC collective. The original DFC release is from 1989, the Derrick May remixes are from 1992.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Sue%C3%B1o-Latin ... ease/35711 )

-- 12:56 Alliance - Thoughts Of You (Techamental) [played at 45rpm] - (Revenge Records, 1989)
- Some New York techno for a change...
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Alliance-Thought ... ase/223256 )

-- 15:35 ????? - ?????

-- 16:19 ????? - ????? - looks like the mixer skipped a track here...

-- 19:03 Rotterdam Termination Source - Poing - (Rotterdam Records, 1992)
- Old-skool hard core Dutch sounds...
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Rotterdam-Termin ... ease/51080 )

-- 20:01 Montreal Jubilation Gospel Choir - Nkosi Sikelel, iAfrica (Lord Bless Africa) - (Blues Beacon Records)
- The Moody Boys & Screamer Mix ends with this one.

20:35 Mental Cube - Chile of The Bass Generation - (Debut, 1990) - another FSOL alias

24:28 Exocet - Safety Zone - (Catt Records, 1989)
- Finally some UK artist...
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Exocet-Lethal-We ... ase/124836 )

27:09 Bizarre Tracks - Journey into Rhythm - (Lemon Sol Records, 1992)
- Bizarre Tracks aka Mark Cheney & Michael Sershall. Another ultra rare 12" only record.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Bizarre-Tracks-B ... ase/156134 )

30:31 End (of Part 2)

Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 1 (Part 3) (32:21)

00:00 - Yage & Cyberface - Transmission Intro 3

00:10 Holy Ghost Inc. - Mad Monks on Zinc [sped-up / remixed] - (Holy Ghost Inc, 1991)
- Holy Ghost Inc. are Gary Griffith & Leon Thomson. They ran their own Holy Ghost Inc label in UK. Later released two great albums on Tresor.
- Mad Monks on Zinc contains a sample from "Warszawa" on the David Bowie album "Low". This clip also appears in the film Christiane F.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Holy-Ghost-Inc-T ... ase/130335 )

03:35 The Future Sound of London - Expander (Remix) - (Jumpin' & Pumpin', 1992)

07:17 Metropolis - Metropolis - (Union City Recordings, 1992) - another FSOL alias

11:38 - EarthBeat Central Computer offers mix selection

12:00 Leftfield Mix - begins
- another heavily remixed set, at the end they mention Mr. Brian Eno, not sure if the background piece is by him, or they just announce him for the next mix...

-- 12:07 Herbie Hancock - Hang Up Your Hang Ups [sped-up / remix] - (Columbia, 1975)
- the background is some techno beat and goes on for 5-6 minutes...
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Herbie-Hancock-M ... ease/30040 )

/ can't confirm it 100%, but I think the background techno beat is 'House Junkies - Be House'

-- 13:40 The Beatles - Revolution [Snippet] - (Apple Records, 1968)
- just samples some vocals for about 30 seconds and the Herbie/techno beat continues...
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Beatles-Hey-Jude ... ase/448379 )

-- 14:00 Lennie De Ice - We Are I.E. [Snippet] - (i.e. Records, 1991)
- another vocal sample that repeats a few times in the next 3 minutes, the Herbie/techno beat continues...
- Lennie's "We Are i.e" is often considered to be one of the first jungle records.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Lennie-De-Ice-We ... ase/156749 )

-- 16:53 A.T.S. feat. Mr. Jay - Baa. Daa. Laa. (Baa. Daa. Vocal) - (UMM, 1992)
- A.T.S. stands for "African Tribal System", but these guys are Italians from Naples - go figure.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/ATS-Featuring-Mr ... ase/258611 )

-- 18:50 Dee Patten - Who's The Bad Man (Sound System Mix) - (Hard Hands, 1992)
- Hard Hands label is owned by Leftfield.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Dee-Patten-Whos- ... ase/104042 )

-- 21:56 Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit - (DGC, 1991)
- You can hear the Smells Like Teen Spirit guitar riff going on, while the 'Who's The Bad Man' beats kick ass in the back. This turns into a whole mix two minutes later in the mix.
- I have a mental image in my head where Gaz jumps around the studio while this mix plays, and Brian is just sitting on the mixer shaking his head real hard!
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Nirvana-Nevermin ... se/3958459 )

-- 26:01 Orbital - The Naked and The Dub - (Internal, 1992)
- The Nirvana mad mix continues into this one.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Orbital-Radiccio-1/release/65077 )
- The Leftfield mix ends with this one.

32:22 End (of Part 3)

Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 1 (Part 4) (30:36)

00:00 - Yage & Cyberface - The Sample Library intro
- there are elements of Cabaret Voltaire - D.T.'s / Cold Turkey in the back, same ones that can be heard on the end of Part 1 of this mix.

01:13 A Guy Called Gerald - Eyes Of Sorrow - (Subscape, 1989)
- Gerald Simpson is another early pioneer in the Manchester acid house / techno scene in the late 1980s.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/A-Guy-Called-Ger ... ase/507207 )

03:03 Virgo (aka Virgo Four) - Take Me Higher - (Radical Records, 1989)
- A US duo, Eric Lewis & Terry Ivy, sometimes accompanied by Merwyn Sanders.
- Not to be confused with the Virgo alias of Marshall Jefferson who also released 12" singles on Trax Records in this period.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Virgo-Virgo/release/63420 )

05:20 Cabaret Voltaire - Taxi Music - (Doublevision, 1983)
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Cabaret-Voltaire ... ease/60272 )

06:51 ????? - ?????
- Could this be another FSOL unreleased demo? At 8:23 you can hear the flutes (slowed down, or maybe the original source for the sample) that they used in Hallucination, and also the end of Glass and Yage (in Dead Cities) - how about that for a mindfuck!

08:36 Mombassa - Cry Freedom [played at 45rpm] - (Union City Recordings, 1992)
- Another rare record, from UCR, Simon Lovechild.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Mombassa-Cry-Fre ... ase/774439 )
- At 10:20 there is a small sample played from the opening of Two Shiny Heads - Let Go (Turn'n' Burn Mix) - (Guerilla, 1992)

10:36 - EarthBeat Central Computer offers mix selection

10:59 Mixmaster Morris Mix - begins
- Strange, Morris haven't released anything as Mixmaster until '97, but he had a few releases with The Irresistible Force. He mixes very old and weird ambient pieces here...

-- 10:59 ????? - ?????

-- 11:25 The Irresistible Force - Spiritual High - (Rising High Records, 1992)
- From his debut trippy album.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Irresistible-For ... ase/116868 )

-- 18:24 Terry Riley - A Rainbow In Curved Air - (Columbia Masterworks, 1969)
- Riley is credited as being the principal instigator of the minimalist/repetitive music genre. He was also the disciple of Indian classical vocalist Pandit Pran Nath.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Terry-Riley-A-Ra ... ase/238002 )

-- 19:22 ????? - ?????

-- 23:08 Aeoliah - The Light Of Tao - (Sona Gaia Productions, 1984)
- I just want to say this piece of music is epic minimal ambient and it sounds great, but PLEASE check out the web-site of this guy (today, in 2014) ( http://www.aeoliah.com/about_aeoliah.html ) and tell me if you hadn't been teleported into 1997 internet... priceless...
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Aeoliah-The-Ligh ... ase/665661 )

-- 24:43 ????? - ?????
- The Mixmaster Morris Mix ends with this one.

27:11 Alhambra ‎– Alhambra (Otama Remix) - (Shakedown Productions, 1992)
- Morgan King project, a UK DJ/producer who also worked with the Chicago scene.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Alhambra-Alhambr ... ase/159461 )

30:36 End (of Part 4)

Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 1 (Part 5) (15:39)

00:00 Vangelis - Pris Meets J.F. Sebastian - (unreleased, later on Esper Productions, 2002)
- this is an environmental track from the Blade Runner (1982) movie, but the soundtrack was released in 1994, and this tracks was not present there. However, in 2002, it made its first appearance on the expanded Esper Edition of the soundtrack. How did FSOL got it? Probably snatched it directly from the movie...
- Yage & Cyberface make their own movie dialogue on this one - tripping out like crazy... RUN YAGE RUN!
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Vangelis-Blade-R ... ase/626287 )

01:52 ????? - ????? - This guitar riff starts here and goes throughout the Innocence track. Or maybe these two tracks are an FSOL mix...

01:55 Innocence - Natural Thing (Sunset Mix) - (Cooltempo, 1990)
- British R&B band active in the early 1990s. The original Natural Thing with vocals was released in 1989.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Innocence-Natura ... ease/67845 )

04:16 Balil - Nort Route Remix - (Applied Rhythmic Technology, 1991) - one of The Black Dog guys.
- Balil aka Ed Handley was one of the original founders of the Black Dog Productions.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Various-ART%C2%B9/release/9606 )

07:19 The Future Sound of London - Papua New Guinea - (Jumpin' & Pumpin', 1991) - say no more!

11:03 Cabaret Voltaire - Easy Life (Jive Turkey Mix) - (Parlophone, 1990)
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Cabaret-Voltaire ... ease/55961 )

13:18 The Biting Tongues - Meet Mask Separatist - (Factory, 1985)
- Manchester post-punk band, initially active between 1979 and 1989.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Biting-Tongues-T ... ease/12522 )

14:38 Tomita - The Sea Named "Solaris" - (RCA, 1977)
- based on "Ich ruf zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ" and "Three part Invention 2" of Bach.
- Japanese music composer, regarded as one of the pioneers of electronic music and space music, and as one of the most famous producers of analog synthesizer arrangements.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Tomita-Cosmos-Uc ... ase/680666 )

15:39 End (of Part 5)

Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 1 (Part 6) (30:12)

00:00 Peter Gabriel - Slow Marimbas - (Charisma, 1985) / Goodbye from Yage & Cyberface (Outro)
- Gabriel was the original lead singer of prog-rockers Genesis but left in 1975 to pursue solo projects.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Peter-Gabriel-Bi ... ase/506240 )

00:52 - EarthBeat Central Computer offers mix selection

01:03 The Black Dog Mix - begins
- this mix has short interludes between almost all of the tracks, but since they're very short, we'll not make timestamps for them.

-- 01:18 BFC - Galaxy - (Fragile Records, 1990) - early Carl Craig alias
- BFC stands for Betty Ford Clinic. Carl Craig was a key player in Detroit techno's second wave.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/BFC-Evolution/release/4548 )

-- 04:23 Sex Pistols - Anarchy in The UK - (EMI, 1976)
- And just because, let have a classic punk track, because fuck it, why not!
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Sex-Pistols-Anar ... ase/600848 )

-- 05:34 The Normal - Warm Leatherette - (Mute, 1978)
- this is actually the first ever Mute release by Daniel Miller, the founder of Mute Records.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Normal-TVOD-Warm ... lease/2266 )

-- 07:16 ????? - ?????

-- 10:31 X-101 - G-Force - (Underground Resistance, 1991)
- A motherfucking Underground Resistance classic!
- X-101 is a short-lived techno project consisted of 3 living legends: Jeff Mills, Mike Banks & Robert Hood.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/X-101-X-101/release/88441 )
- it was also on the first ever Tresor release ( http://www.discogs.com/X-101-X-101/release/1579167 )

-- 12:38 Model 500 - Off to Battle - (Metroplex, 1987) - Juan Atkins alias
- A major electronic music pioneer from Detroit, Juan appeared behind aliases such as Cybotron, Model 500, and Infiniti releasing many classics of Detroit techno.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Model-500-Sound- ... ease/20049 )

-- 15:21 Wally Badarou - Theme from Countryman - (Island Records, 1982)
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Wally-Badarou-Th ... se/1549881 )

-- 18:11 Suzanne Ciani - Lixiviation - (unreleased, later on B-Music / Finders Keepers, 2012)
- the actual release could be anywhere from 1969 to 1985
- ( ) - this is some other version from 2012
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Suzanne-Ciani-Li ... se/3928545 )

-- 18:28 The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Hey Joe - (Polydor, 1966)
- And let's have a classic Rock section within all these techno tracks, because why not...
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Jimi-Hendrix-Exp ... se/1451042 )

-- 20:26 The Beatles - The Inner Light - (Parlophone, 1968)
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Beatles-Lady-Mad ... se/1443267 )

-- 22:15 The Cure - A Forest - (Fiction Records, 1980)
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Cure-A-Forest/release/237453 )

-- 25:00 Caustic Window - Italic Eyeball - (Rephlex, 1992) - Aphex Twin alias
- And let's end the Rock section with the most electronic thing possible, because why not...
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Caustic-Window-J ... lease/4700 )
- The Black Dog Mix ends with this one.

26:35 ????? - ????? - some guitar riff going over some breaks... this is after the EarthBeat computer announces the end of the Black Dog mix...

30:12 Transmission End

And here's a plain tracklist, for the fans that want to save it:
[+] Oooh and did you know that ...
Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 1 (03:04:57)

Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 1 (Part 1) (45:38)
00:00 - EarthBeat Central Computer - Transmission Intro
01:10 The Future Sound of London - Lifeforms (unreleased until 1994)
04:58 The Source - Source EP B1 (aka Aqua Viva) (1992) - Robert Leiner alias
08:22 Tokyo Offshore Project - The 13th Level (1992)
11:10 The Future Sound of London - Space Hippy / Answerphones - (unreleased)
13:53 Dif Juz - Crosswinds (1985)
15:14 Ramirez & Pizzaro - Hablando (Accordeon Mix) (1992)
19:40 Redcell - Paradroid (1992) - B12 alias
23:53 Datura - Yerba Del Diablo (Achico) (1991)
27:40 Double FM - The Sound of Amnesia (Hey Que Pasa) [aka (Amnesia Mix)] (1992)
32:08 Night Flight - Volcano (Escape Remix) (1992)
36:10 Don Carlos - Alone (Sax Ambient) (1991)
41:18 Morganistic - In The Shadow (1992) - early Luke Slater alias
45:11 Cabaret Voltaire - D.T.'s / Cold Turkey (1983)
45:38 End (of Part 1)

Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 1 (Part 2) (30:31)
00:00 - Transmission Intro 2 - unknown dialogue about God and stuff from some B-movie
01:52 - EarthBeat Central Computer offers mix selection
02:18 The Moody Boys & Screamer Mix
- 02:18 Montreal Jubilation Gospel Choir - Nkosi Sikelel, iAfrica (Lord Bless Africa)
- 02:57 ????? - ?????
- 05:35 ????? - ?????
- 08:51 Sueño Latino - Sueño Latino (Illusion First Mix by Derrick May) (1992)
- 12:56 Alliance - Thoughts Of You (Techamental) [played at 45rpm] (1989)
- 15:35 ????? - ?????
- 16:19 ????? - ?????
- 19:03 Rotterdam Termination Source - Poing (1992)
- 20:01 Montreal Jubilation Gospel Choir - Nkosi Sikelel, iAfrica (Lord Bless Africa)
20:35 Mental Cube - Chile of The Bass Generation (1990) - another FSOL alias
24:28 Exocet - Safety Zone (1989)
27:09 Bizarre Tracks - Journey into Rhythm (1992)
30:31 End (of Part 2)

Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 1 (Part 3) (32:21)
00:00 - Yage & Cyberface - Transmission Intro 3
00:10 Holy Ghost Inc. - Mad Monks on Zinc [sped-up / remixed] (1991)
03:35 The Future Sound of London - Expander (Remix) (1992)
07:17 Metropolis - Metropolis (1992) - another FSOL alias
11:38 - EarthBeat Central Computer offers mix selection
12:00 Leftfield Mix
- 12:07 Herbie Hancock - Hang Up Your Hang Ups [sped-up / remix] (1975)
/ can't confirm it 100%, but I think the background techno beat is 'House Junkies - Be House'
- 13:40 The Beatles - Revolution [Snippet] (1968)
- 14:00 Lennie De Ice - We Are I.E. [Snippet] (1991)
- 16:53 A.T.S. feat. Mr. Jay - Baa. Daa. Laa. (Baa. Daa. Vocal) (1992)
- 18:50 Dee Patten - Who's The Bad Man (Sound System Mix) (1992)
- 21:56 Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (1991)
- 26:01 Orbital - The Naked and The Dub (1992)
32:22 End (of Part 3)

Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 1 (Part 4) (30:36)
00:00 - Yage & Cyberface - The Sample Library intro
01:13 A Guy Called Gerald - Eyes of Sorrow (1989)
03:03 Virgo (aka Virgo Four) - Take Me Higher (1989)
05:20 Cabaret Voltaire - Taxi Music (1983)
06:51 ????? - ?????
08:36 Mombassa - Cry Freedom [played at 45rpm] (1992)
10:36 - EarthBeat Central Computer offers mix selection
10:59 Mixmaster Morris Mix
- 10:59 ????? - ?????
- 11:25 The Irresistible Force - Spiritual High (1992)
- 18:24 Terry Riley - A Rainbow In Curved Air (1969)
- 19:22 ????? - ?????
- 23:08 Aeoliah - The Light Of Tao (1984)
- 24:43 ????? - ?????
27:11 Alhambra ‎– Alhambra (Otama Remix) (1992)
30:36 End (of Part 4)

Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 1 (Part 5) (15:39)
00:00 Vangelis - Pris Meets J.F. Sebastian (unreleased until 2002)
01:52 ????? - ?????
01:55 Innocence - Natural Thing (Sunset Mix) (1990)
04:16 Balil - Nort Route Remix (1991) - one of The Black Dog guys.
07:19 The Future Sound of London - Papua New Guinea (1991)
11:03 Cabaret Voltaire - Easy Life (Jive Turkey Mix) (1990)
13:18 The Biting Tongues - Meet Mask Separatist (1985)
14:38 Tomita - The Sea Named "Solaris" (1977)
15:39 End (of Part 5)

Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 1 (Part 6) (30:12)
00:00 Peter Gabriel - Slow Marimbas (1985) / Goodbye from Yage & Cyberface (Outro)
00:52 - EarthBeat Central Computer offers mix selection
01:03 The Black Dog Mix
- 01:18 BFC - Galaxy (1990) - early Carl Craig alias
- 04:23 Sex Pistols - Anarchy in The UK (1976)
- 05:34 The Normal - Warm Leatherette (1978)
- 07:16 ????? - ?????
- 10:31 X-101 - G-Force (1991)
- 12:38 Model 500 - Off to Battle (1987) - Juan Atkins alias
- 15:21 Wally Badarou - Theme from Countryman (1982)
- 18:11 Suzanne Ciani - Lixiviation - (unreleased until 2012)
- 18:28 The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Hey Joe (1966)
- 20:26 The Beatles - The Inner Light (1968)
- 22:15 The Cure - A Forest (1980)
- 25:00 Caustic Window - Italic Eyeball (1992) - Aphex Twin alias
26:35 ????? - ?????
30:12 Transmission End
Want to read about the other Kiss mix series? Click away:
FSOL - Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 1 [radio mix] (14.09.1992) ( - it's this post.)
FSOL - Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 2 [radio mix] (xx.10.1992)
FSOL - Kiss 100 FM Transmission 1 [radio mix] (26.12.1992)
FSOL - Kiss 100 FM Transmission 2 [radio mix] (19.05.1993)
FSOL - Kiss 100 FM Transmission 3 [radio mix] (04.11.1993)
FSOL - Kiss 100 FM Transmission 4 [radio mix] (11.11.1993)
FSOL - Kiss 100 FM Transmission 5 [radio mix] (18.11.1993)
FSOL - Kiss 100 FM Transmission 6 [radio mix] (25.11.1993)

- awesome flyer made back in '92 :)

FSOL - Peel Session [live mix] (18.09.1992) bootleg / unreleased

The legend himself recognizes the greatness in FSOL and invites them into a Peel Sessions show to perform live tacks:

1. Space Hippy - performed live, very similar to the Kiss Test 1 version
2. Expander - similar to the remix, but still different, performed live
3. Lifeforms - the very first version, different patterns, performed live
4. Papua New Guinea - a rare and very different version performed live, the long opening is legendary!
Last edited by Pandemonium on Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:52 pm, edited 59 times in total.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Yage and Cyberface are both Gaz - I pitch shifted them in the past and it revealed the same voice.
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Very informative reviews Pande, cheers!
Ross wrote:Yage and Cyberface are both Gaz - I pitch shifted them in the past and it revealed the same voice.
Really? I always though Yage was Brian, sounded abit Scottish to me, care to share the audio if you still have them?
Ross

Post by Ross »

I'll do it again and upload them. Neither of them sounds the slightest bit Scottish.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: Pande-reviews: 1992.8 (Kiss Test 2)

Post by Pandemonium »

FSOL - Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 2 [radio mix] (xx.10.1992)
- bootleg / first official release 15.11.2008, currently unavailable

Nobody knows the exact date of the second Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission, it's somewhere in October or maybe even November...
Almost all of the tracks on this mix were brand new and about a dozen of them were unreleased! FSOL's channels for digging obscure rare techno/house/trance records are at their peak here.

Appendix A:
In 1990 Pirate radio stations had to shut down for about 1 or 2 years otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to get onto the ballot for a license to broadcast on the air in London. And there were lots of local Pirate stations doing Reggae or Soul, some were good, some were awful... In the late 1980's till it shut down Kiss FM was the top Pirate station in London and had a strong following. I remember speaking to a Kiss DJ in 1988 who said they used 2 high rise blocks of flats to transmit. In one block they would play the vinyl and in an adjacent block of flats with a link in between where they would transmit. This was because if the Police locked on to where the transmitter was and raided the location they only got the transmitter, because the turntables and valuable vinyl tracks were in another location in the other block. They then had to get out quick otherwise all their vinyl was seized as was the Law at that time... In my eyes (or to my ears) they were heroes who just wanted to share their music... (Thanks guys if you read this)...

So, Kiss Test Mix 2, deconstructed and explained - read away! (and don't forget to Listen...)
(scroll to the end of the post to see just the tracklist)

Tracklisting:
Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 2 (02:10:53)

00:00 - Transmission Intro

00:29 Amorphous Androgynous - In Mind environments - (unreleased, later on Quigley Records, 1993)
- Yage & Cyberface - back to the sample library talk...
- In Mind has lots of samples, too bad we haven't discovered any of them yet.

01:44 Thunderground - Illegal Rush - (Infonet, 1992)
- There is a whole Infonet Mix section at the end of this mix, and this track is on the very first test pressing 12" released by Infonet.
- Thunderground is actuallcy the Bandulu band joined by Lewis Keogh, who was a member of The Orb and System 7.
- The main theme of the track samples Ozric Tentacles - Dissolution (The Clouds Disperse) - (Demi Monde, 1989). Ozric Tentacles are criminally overlooked English progressive / space rock band founded in 1983 in Somerset.
- ( )
- ( https://www.discogs.com/Thunderground-T ... ease/73048 )

04:56 The Black Dog - Sharp Shooting On Saturn - (unreleased, later on General Production Recordings, 1993)
- An exclusive track for this mix, from the Black Dog's very first album, which will be released almost a full year after this mix.
- Regarded as legends by some, the Black Dog are pioneers who, along with acts like Autechre, Aphex Twin, µ-ziq and LFO, came to define the techno movement known as intelligent dance music (IDM) in the early 1990s.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Black-Dog-Temple ... elease/378 )

07:40 Trancesetters - Fantasizing - (First Impression, 1993)
- Trancesetters are Alex Dijksterhuis & Gaston Steenkist, a prolific producer duo from the Netherlands.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Trancesetters-Fa ... ease/97683 )

10:30 Amorphous Androgynous - Pod Room environments - (unreleased, later on Quigley Records, 1993)
- Yage & Cyberface talk over it...

11:18 The Future Sound of London - Tokyo Travel - (unreleased, later on Jumpin' & Pumpin', 2008)
- Epic unreleased track, first official release on From The Archives Vol.5 on 29.08.2008 on FSOLDigital.com
- At the end of the track voice says Dead Skin Cells, but the named track is not heard here...

16:11 V.F.T. - Location - (Plus 8 Records Ltd., 1992) - Richie Hawtin alias
- Nice to know FSOL knew who Richie Hawtin was back in the day...
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Various-From-Our ... ease/34354 )

19:35 Public Energy - Hemi Sync (Part 2) - (Probe Records, 1992) - Speedy J alias
- The Predator samples in the background again...
- This is an alias of Speedy J aka Jochem Paap from Rotterdam (another friend of Plastikman and Plus 8 Records)
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Public-Energy-He ... ease/14594 )

22:25 Keiichi Suzuki - Satellite Serenade (Trans Asian Express Mix by The Orb) - (Eastworld, 1991)
- They say "there's a fat cat in town" on the opening.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Keiichi-Suzuki-S ... ase/414814 )

27:27 Sandoz - White Darkness - (Touch, 1993) - Richard H. Kirk of Cabaret Voltaire alias
- This is actually an alias of Richard H. Kirk, the founder of Cabaret Voltaire.
- White Darkness seems like it's made of two different tracks, you can hear the split around 30:50.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Sandoz-Digital-L ... ease/47103 )

32:22 C*Y*B - Snake Bit - (UMM, 1992)
- Another Gianni Visnadi alias, we heard him in Kiss Test 1 as Night Flight.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/CYB-Snake-Bit/release/98929 )

36:40 DJ Dusk - Peace & Flangillity - (See Saw, 1992)
- Maarten van der Vleuten aka DJ Dusk, Dutch prolific producer.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/DJ-Dusk-Chique-EP/release/44909 )

39:13 The Future Sound of London - Plazmatical (aka Plasma) - (unreleased until 2015)
- Not to be confused with Plasmatik on "From The Archives Vol.4"
- Finally got released 23 years later, on the Archived 8 in 2015.

43:30 T.S. Monk - Candidate For Love [Snippet] - (Mirage, 1980)
- 15 second vocal snippet from this disco track.
- Disco funk band formed by New Yorker Thelonious Monk Jr., the son of the legendary and revolutionary jazz pianist Thelonious Monk.
- Yage and Cyberface - The Lines Under Her Eyes - this talk continues well into the Sequential track...
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/TS-Monk-House-Of ... ase/207299 )

44:05 Sequential - Sequential (Dune Mix) - (Rising High Records, 1992) - Pete Namlook alias
- This is actually early alias of Pete Namlook (may he RIP) and yes, I'm glad FSOL did knew about Namlook so early... and it's actually a very good track.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Sequential-Seque ... ase/142790 )

49:59 Global Communication - Incidental Harmony - (Evolution / Universal Language Productions Ltd., 1992)
- The very first release of Tom Middleton & Mark Pritchard as Global Communication, need I say more?
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Global-Communica ... lease/4053 )

54:46 Leftfield - Song of Life (The Lemon Interrupt Mix by Underworld) - (Hard Hands, 1992)
- It's actually an Underworld remix, when they were still going as Lemon Interrupt. Another legendary band in the FSOL mix this early...
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Leftfield-Song-O ... ease/32913 )

59:36 Moby - Go (Jam & Spoon In Dub Remix) - (D:vision Records, 1992)
- An American mixed by Germans released for Italy :) So, they listened to Moby before it was cool :)
- Some Central Industrial samples can be heard...
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Moby-Go-Remixes/release/236293 )

1:05:14 - Yage & Cyberface go to the sample library...

1:05:53 - EarthBeat Central Computer offers mix selection

1:06:19 Sasha Mix - begins
- I'm not familiar with Sasha's works, I tried some of his early 1992 singles, they sound almost nothing like the mix here - I can recognize some basslines from The Qat Collection that Sasha released in 1994, but nothing more... (not many house vocals - which is a good thing)

-- 1:06:19 ????? - ?????

-- 1:10:36 Flipped Out - So Much Joy (Bass Tab Mix) - (Fourth Wave Records, 1992)
- A trio composed of Rob Tissera, Mark H & Viktor van Dyke. Tissera is the only widely known member - he's a producer, tutor and studio engineer.
- ( )
- ( https://www.discogs.com/Flipped-Out-So- ... ase/329886 )

-- 1:17:03 Virtualmismo – Mismoplastico (Virtual Mix) - (Progressive Motion Records, 1992)
- Another Italian progressive track, from the very first PMR release.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Virtualmismo-Mis ... ase/119439 )

-- 1:19:51 Paolo Visnadi - Transpassage - (UMM, 1992)
- More Italian euro-trance... Paolo Visnadi is brother of Gianni Visnadi.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Visnadi-Four-Jou ... ase/116904 )
- The Sasha mix ends with this one.

1:23:14 Lassigue Bendthaus - Biofeedback (Parts 3&4) - (Contempo Records, 1992)
- Lassigue Bendthaus is the electro-industrial project of Uwe Schmidt, better known as Atom™.
- FSOL even used some samples from this track if I'm not wrong...
- ( https://www.discogs.com/Lassigue-Bendth ... ase/134827 )

1:27:12 Code - Parsifal (Full Mix) - (Down By Law Records, 1992)
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Code-Light-Years ... ase/154303 )

1:30:50 Sextant - Drug Orientated Society - (Fax +49-69/450464, 1992) - Pete Namlook alias
- It's another Pete Namlook track! Awesome...
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Sextant-Sextant/release/87241 )

1:33:33 Aquastep - Carrousel (Remix) [played at 45rpm] - (Wonka Beats, 1993)
- Aquastep are Belgian producers: Koenie Van Immerseel, Sebastien Kalonji, Sven Van Hees.
- This remix wasn't released until 1993, and it's sped-up from 33 to 45 rpm.
- The remix is actually done by Dimitri Kneppers & Eric Nouhan, they're Dutch DJs.
- ( )
- ( https://www.discogs.com/Aquastep-Aquast ... ease/82078 )

1:37:55 - EarthBeat Central Computer offers mix selection

1:38:20 Andrew Weatherall Mix - begins
- Weatherall (with all his bands) had no material released until 1993 (the first ones with The Sabres of Paradise), so here we some early demo mixes...

-- 1:38:20 The Sabres of Paradise - Still Fighting (Demo Mix?) - (unreleased, later on Warp Records, 1993)
- Actually, the Weatherall mix is just one long crazy demo mix of Still Fighting. It rides like a motherfucker.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Sabres-Of-Paradi ... ease/16466 )

1:49:23 Amorphous Androgynous - Liquid Insects - (unreleased, later on Quigley Records, 1993)
- 8 months before it's official release, it's almost identical with the original on the Tales of Ephidrina, and the name of the album is mentioned also...

1:54:45 Holy Ghost Inc. - Mad Monks On Zinc - (Holy Ghost Inc, 1991)
- Holy Ghost Inc. are Gary Griffith & Leon Thomson. They ran their own Holy Ghost Inc label in UK. Later released two great albums on Tresor.
- Mad Monks on Zinc contains a sample from "Warszawa" on the David Bowie album "Low". This clip also appears in the film Christiane F.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Holy-Ghost-Inc-T ... ase/130335 )

1:57:17 Aphex Twin - Schottkey 7th Path - (Apollo, 1992)
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Selec ... ease/32662 )
- also some talk about Black Dog and Fat Cat...

1:58:11 Link - Amenity - (Evolution / Universal Language Productions Ltd., 1992) - Mark Pritchard (of Global Communication) alias
- An early Mark Pritchard alias (of Global Communication, Jedi Knights)
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Link-The-First-L ... lease/4054 )

1:59:45 - EarthBeat Central Computer offers mix selection

2:00:08 Infonet Mix - begins
- Infonet is not an artist, it's a label ( http://www.discogs.com/label/Infonet?sort=date%2Casc ), a new label back then, they had only a dozen releases from bands like Bandulu, Thunderground, Syzygy and so on...

-- 2:00:08 Bandulu - Lifestyle - (Infonet, 1992)
- Bandulu was a British electronic music group from north London consisting of Jamie Bissmire, John O'Connell & Lucien Thompson.
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Bandulu-Guidance/release/16414 )

-- 2:04:25 Bandulu - Tribal Memories - (Infonet, 1992)
- (
- (http://www.discogs.com/Bandulu-Better-N ... ease/71036)

-- 2:07:18 The Orb - U.F.Orb (Bandulu Remix) - (WAU! Mr. Modo Recordings, Big Life, 1992)
- ( )
- ( http://www.discogs.com/Orb-Assassin/release/35768 )
- The Infonet mix ends with this one.

2:10:53 Transmission End

And here's a plain tracklist, for the fans that want to save it:
[+] Oooh and did you know that ...
00:00 - Transmission Intro
00:29 Amorphous Androgynous - In Mind environments (unreleased until 1993)
01:44 Thunderground - Illegal Rush (1992) - samples: Ozric Tentacles - Dissolution (The Clouds Disperse) (1989)
01:47 ????? - ????? - the beat track that goes in the back of the entire Ozric Tentacles track.
04:56 The Black Dog - Sharp Shooting On Saturn (unreleased until 1993)
07:40 Trancesetters - Fantasizing (unreleased until 1993)
10:30 Amorphous Androgynous - Pod Room environments (unreleased until 1993)
11:18 The Future Sound of London - Tokyo Travel (unreleased until 2008)
16:11 V.F.T. - Location (1992) - Richie Hawtin alias
19:35 Public Energy - Hemi Sync (Part 2) (1992) - Speedy J alias
22:25 Keiichi Suzuki - Satellite Serenade (Trans Asian Express Mix by The Orb) (1991)
27:27 Sandoz - White Darkness (unreleased until 1993) - Richard H. Kirk of Cabaret Voltaire alias
32:22 C*Y*B - Snake Bit (1992)
36:40 DJ Dusk - Peace & Flangillity (1992)
39:13 The Future Sound of London - Plazmatical (aka Plasma) (unreleased until 2015) - not to be confused with Plasmatik on "From The Archives Vol.4"
43:30 T.S. Monk - Candidate For Love [Snippet] (1980)
44:05 Sequential - Sequential (Dune Mix) (1992) - Pete Namlook alias
49:59 Global Communication - Incidental Harmony (1992)
54:46 Leftfield - Song of Life (The Lemon Interrupt Mix by Underworld) (1992)
59:36 Moby - Go (Jam & Spoon In Dub Remix) (1992)
1:05:14 - Yage & Cyberface go to the sample library...
1:05:53 - EarthBeat Central Computer offers mix selection
1:06:19 Sasha Mix
- 1:06:19 ????? - ?????
- 1:10:36 Flipped Out - So Much Joy (Bass Tab Mix) (1992)
- 1:17:03 Virtualmismo – Mismoplastico (Virtual Mix) (1992)
- 1:19:51 Paolo Visnadi - Transpassage (1992)
1:23:14 Lassigue Bendthaus - Biofeedback (Parts 3&4) (1992) - Atom™ alias
1:27:12 Code - Parsifal (Full Mix) (1992)
1:30:50 Sextant - Drug Orientated Society (1992) - Pete Namlook alias
1:33:33 Aquastep - Carrousel (Remix) [played at 45rpm] (unreleased until 1993)
1:37:55 - EarthBeat Central Computer offers mix selection
1:38:20 Andrew Weatherall Mix
- 1:38:20 The Sabres of Paradise - Still Fighting (Demo Mix?) (unreleased until 1993)
1:49:23 Amorphous Androgynous - Liquid Insects (unreleased until 1993)
1:54:45 Holy Ghost Inc. - Mad Monks On Zinc (1991)
1:57:17 Aphex Twin - Schottkey 7th Path (1992)
1:58:11 Link - Amenity (1992) - Mark Pritchard (of Global Communication) alias
1:59:45 - EarthBeat Central Computer offers mix selection
2:00:08 Infonet Mix - Infonet is not an artist, it's a label
- 2:00:08 Bandulu - Lifestyle (1992)
- 2:04:25 Bandulu - Tribal Memories (1992)
- 2:07:18 The Orb - U.F.Orb (Bandulu Remix) (1992)
2:10:53 Transmission End
Want to read about the other Kiss mix series? Click away:
FSOL - Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 1 [radio mix] (14.09.1992)
FSOL - Kiss 100 FM Test Transmission 2 [radio mix] (xx.10.1992) ( - it's this post.)
FSOL - Kiss 100 FM Transmission 1 [radio mix] (26.12.1992)
FSOL - Kiss 100 FM Transmission 2 [radio mix] (19.05.1993)
FSOL - Kiss 100 FM Transmission 3 [radio mix] (04.11.1993)
FSOL - Kiss 100 FM Transmission 4 [radio mix] (11.11.1993)
FSOL - Kiss 100 FM Transmission 5 [radio mix] (18.11.1993)
FSOL - Kiss 100 FM Transmission 6 [radio mix] (25.11.1993)
Last edited by Pandemonium on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:22 am, edited 23 times in total.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: Pande-reviews: 1992.8 (Kiss Test 2)

Post by Pandemonium »

Guys, I found 4 tracks in the Kiss TEST 2 by myself, but most of them were already found because some good guy posted this mix on YouTube (not the whole version, but a 91 minute version...) - and people commented on time-stamps and tracks they knew - and now we have almost the complete tracklist for this one :)

What do you thing - would it be OK if I posted other parts on YouTube so that various music fans would help us to complete the tracklists??
Last edited by Pandemonium on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.