What are you listening to?

Any NON-FSOL based music chatter can go right about here....
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by dubmasta »

Steve Jablonsky - The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning [Soundtrack]. Even though not really into the movie itself, the soundtrack is magnificent and one of my favorites, reminds me of Dead Cities in a way - dark, mysterious, breathtaking...
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

haha nice dubmaster....yes i've been begging all of our friends here for years now to GET NODENS ICTUS - SPACELINES

it's pretty much THE top recommendation I could give to this place that one might not already know

i'm about as diehard ozric fan as they come really and have spoken about them here plenty before.
They simply are a shadow of their former selves. Really the peak was reached and the decline realized after their 2000 tours....band finally broke up completely....brandi's influence was too much. now it's just an ed solo project with brandi still getting in the way.
still love them and get all of their stuff......just not the same.

the reality is that i may not have ever found FSOL if not for Ozric......their music and their fans opened up an entire world of electronica to me

anyhoo NODENS ICTUS - GET THIS OR HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME!!!
ORGANIC MASTERPIECE!

;)
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

Bark Psychosis - 400 Winters (the main guy made a drum'n'bass masterpiece as Boymerang, this is shogeaze 'tho)
ASC - The Light That Burns Twice As Bright (i know he's influenced by FSOL, even sampled them. Ambient / IDM stuff right here.)
Hybrid - various stuff.. mostly singles, EPs and remixes that I haven't heard before. The production skills always blow me away with these guys.
from the source flows the endless...
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

tryptych I would recommend for you: Black Sun Empire - Lights and Wires :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

tryptych wrote:Bark Psychosis - 400 Winters (the main guy made a drum'n'bass masterpiece as Boymerang, this is shogeaze 'tho)
Hex is a masterpiece, but I've never gone any deeper into their/his catalogue for some reason. Keep meaning to.
Darkfloor
Hardhead

Post by Darkfloor »

The forthcoming Sepalcure EP on Hotflush 'Make You'. It's perfect Sunday evening material.
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Klaus Schulze - Timewind on 2virgins Vinyl

Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

LTJ Bukem Progression Sessions: always gets me going during the day:

He has a huge live archive there.
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

Lately:

Junkie XL: Radio JXL (for old times sake, takes me back to The Matrix times. Has some misses, but all in all, very entertaining)
Happy Mondays: Pills 'n' Thrills and Bellyaches (just getting into these guys, love the album)
FSOL: Archives Vol. 7

also some individual tracks from the new Goldie anthology for nostalgia, the guy really has his own sound which is rare in the D'n'B scene. Damn I want those times back hard :P
from the source flows the endless...
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Karl Hyde - Edgeland

Uplifting beautiful wonder.
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Recovery memory from 1 of the best bassist from all times, eric avery - LIFE.TIME.
Free download album!!!!

http://ericaverymusic.bandcamp.com/album/life-time

Now split again from JA will be join on the new re-birth of NIN ,the album feels the influences of the industrial electronica of Mr Reznor , i enjoy this so much.

http://ericaverymusic.bandcamp.com/trac ... hollow-men
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Mr Noisesurfer, you seriously got me hooked on Klaus Schulze after posting Windy Times, he is a genius but it sometimes makes me wonder how much the financial state of an artist is responsible for his development, i mean all those modulars, bloody hell!! Yet, love his music, he is an innovator.

But today im switched on Bach - The Art of Fugue, I dont think i could exist without Bach, for me personally the ultimate expression of human emotional state through musical means, beyond Bach there is only chaos . . .
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Oooh, you really got me right in the gut with Bach Mr. Dubmasta.... in a bad bad way...

For me, Bach is very very low on the list of classical important composers.
Bach is the inventor of pop music :) - every Kylie and Britney song have Bach elements and harmonies.
I mean, some serious classical analysts consider him the first phony composer who composed to be loved (popular) and not compose to express himself.
Again, I'm not going too harsh on him because he has a few really good compositions,
but he's something like Depeche Mode to me - 3-4 good tracks out of 20 albums.
In my experience Bach is loved/respected only by elementary school music teachers who teach the kids that Bach is Everything :)

Schulze on the other hand, I like very much, he's more of a Wagner type.
I highly recommend the project with Lisa Gerrard (of Dead Can Dance)
- Klaus Schulze Feat. Lisa Gerrard ‎– Rheingold - Live At The Loreley (2008) (http://www.discogs.com/Klaus-Schulze-Fe ... se/1579205) - there is also a wonderful 2xDVD with the concert.

Rheingold is actually a trilogy of suites by Wagner - and there are two more albums with Lisa from thin period - if you like this one - try them all - I think they're brilliant classical electronic music.
You're doin' too much, do less.
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

dubmasta wrote:Mr Noisesurfer, you seriously got me hooked on Klaus Schulze after posting Windy Times, he is a genius but it sometimes makes me wonder how much the financial state of an artist is responsible for his development, i mean all those modulars, bloody hell!! Yet, love his music, he is an innovator.

But today im switched on Bach - The Art of Fugue, I dont think i could exist without Bach, for me personally the ultimate expression of human emotional state through musical means, beyond Bach there is only chaos . . .

Well my dear bro Mr Dubmasta, i tell you , my ex-girlfriend was a very great pianist and hard influenced by Bach and chopin(hard love for Jean Michael Jarre-she said that he goes to she on Helicopter and steal my girl 1 day..) then now i have another girl and i return to my principles of motion, and now listen other stuff,now i love the bass line of the great bassist of 90´s as Eric Avery or Less Claypool,Klaus Schulze is a reference for me taken from the masters B&G around Lifeforms bits and samples , yeah all these hard modular stuff is sometimes crazy and without follow on compossition but,fuck, who needs a topical bars to make a song? and it would be of us if it had never appeared psychedelic music?sure Robert fripp without hendrix only was a simple folkie guitar...for 1 example.

1 day our children will be study ,1º of psychedelic Krautrock on high school :)
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

and yes I am with you, do not need large financing for make music, lots of people have 100 machines,patterns,abletones and stuff but the music born on the mind of a human ,the machines are only a simple tool, as said Hendrix no need ableton to pass to human history :)

Money no make to artist 100% agree ,only make a parasite mass consumerism and consumable,example...hmmm , just look who presumed of their machines and not your mind...lots and lots, i only respect to 808 state people that presumed of their machines on 90´s when the rest only make pop dance music , then ...all pop they were to machine...and now...Justin bieber world 2.0 :S

Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human