Terminal Radio

Terminal Window / Terminal Radio discussion
LooseLink
Expander

Re: Terminal Radio

Post by LooseLink »

Oh.. oh well thanks Akkya :)

I've upgraded to Lite, when I'm settled in the UK I'll upgrade again. I have enough space for a volume now. I never thought to upgrade in the past, just knowing how many people are listening to my stuff and the 2 hour upload space was enough for me, though having the extra information now will be helpful, especially when I upload some of my new tracks soon.

The big plus with Soundcloud compared to everything else (that I've seen so far) is just the community there, so responsive! Its the perfect place for a series like ours that's just started. 9 pound a month or 79 a year doesn't seem that bad at all when you're making your way with your music, the rest above that though... depends where you are in the field I suppose.

Depending on how many of us want to do it, I'd be down for chipping in for a Pro/Pro Plus account. If we reallllly want to we could also do a Kickstarter to help reach that goal if we had trouble, and give backers little privileges on the series like having their mix play first, or an opportunity to do a plug for their new album or radio show or whatever on the show, or have one of their songs be an outro for the volumes with full credit etc, something like that.
Tito Lozano wrote:You can put radio sets on various sites for host,not is necessary make a new pro soundclod count,we have the fsolboard count in it for put sesions on soundcloud world but this is a part of all networld...

http://beatplexity.com/
http://kiwi6.com/
https://archive.org/
etc...

Official.fm sounds interesting too

payments of 500 eur per year for a count with unlimited uploads ?... :shock:
No way....
Feel free to upload the shows to those sites if you want to man, make sure you copy all the info though.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Lots of thanks to Akkya for uploading the mix. I think all of us have worked really hard, considering the countless and sleepless hours, soul, mind, psyche and material expenses, to make our tracks and mixes for our beloved Terminal Radio. As a tribute to FSOL, it sounded like a cool idea at first and we all had our reservations about it, but the result has shown that it has become massive, considering the quality of the music and the feedback that show has received. Things are extremely tight at the moment, especially for us who are unemployed, but music is our life, and FSOLboard is our home and place of recovery. All of us have supported each other, either financially, mentally or both, and this is the reason why we feel so emotionally bonded with this place and Terminal Radio.

Soundcloud indeed is the best place for the show, as Loose suggested, because of the community. 79 euros for one person is a lot of money, but a group of people can do it. We can say who are in and who can contribute, then count the volunteers and divide the price into equal amounts. Then one of us can organize to collect the money and buy the account, i think Loose would be the best person for this as the main organizer of the show. Whatever we decide to do, Im in.
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Well, first say that put in other sites, is good but is a work too no paid, is easy say well go to only one to make work without any atribution, and you think that archive.org is minor thing that soundcloud? for me is more important a site that create free music for the people,spoundcloud is only a fashion site as facebook or twitter than 1 day will appear another more fashion(today we have instagram as new site ina fight for take all minds and souls of fashion victims,yesterday was fotoblog...)

Well im unemployed now ,if i have money for make a payment count time ago i would make a lite or solo count...
community on soundcloud,yes is great and nice but community be on discogs too, and nobody talk about ,is very important a community (soundclous is 90% community of artists,not simple listeners,i never understand why i try make music if only make music for other artist,i thought make music for simple people like me than love music and try feel something listen music)

Yeah 1 day when fashion and consumerism win my beliefs if 1 day i will luck and have money/job stability i will buy a pro or pro plus on soundcloud,and buy a manager,and buy 1000000 listeners(you can buy this on sites for 20 eur) and make a bussines with my music and my soul but always sure i returned to sites as archive.org and put music for poor people and still using bandcamp for money or money like people feel .

In these crazy consumerism and fashion someone to pull the well means that we all throw in the well, assess soundcloud and not and not valuing archive with time you all see the reality...

My music is important for me sure but i think first than i pay 500 eur for be a pro plus on soundcloud i must pay 500 eur to manager or representant and go to road for make live sets etc,step by step not take the easy pay pay method for find some few people that you can take on other free sites,lastfm,reverbnation,wordpress,blog,facebook,twitter,instagram,and etc etc etc
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

http://ultimatesoundcloudbot.com/ultima ... plays.html
HI IM DAVID NIVEN , AND I HAVE PRO-PLUS-WOW-BIGBANG-YEAHYEAHPENTHOUSEOPENLEGS COUNT AND THE WORLD IS MINE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

COMO DECIMOS EN ESPAÑA ESO ES PAN PA HOY Y HAMBRE PA MAÑANA
AS SAY IN SPAIN THIS IS BREAD TODAY AND HUNGRY TO TOMORROW
Last edited by Tito Lozano on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

May I suggest another idea? one that this thread has inspired...

We could release an album - to buy ...
and start a label?

and try to break even or better on a soundcloud account
we can self release through itunes / amazon etc for £40 a year for an album release
or release through official fm as a direct to buy no cost until we reach a certain level of sales

discuss?
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Akkya wrote:May I suggest another idea? one that this thread has inspired...

We could release an album - to buy ...
and start a label?

and try to break even or better on a soundcloud account
we can self release through itunes / amazon etc for £40 a year for an album release
or release through official fm as a direct to buy no cost until we reach a certain level of sales

discuss?
Sounds interesting ,and i forget, thanks for share your space on your count for put all transmissions Mr Akkya!!!

Label and album to Itunes ,amazon sound interesting and yes, pay for album is better than pay for image on web
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

http://www.tunecore.com/

The best way to sell your music on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify & more.Is more cheap method ,i take this some time ago but still wait for can spend money on up music....really im very poor person,i know this is only my case you can make like you think but i think in spend little(Less is more) and make lots of music,other prefer make few songs and spend mountain of coins on image and fashions,well the world is very big for all thoughts....

Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

First of all, I'll put my hand up against using advertising, plugs, whatever. Turning it into a commercial radio venture really doesn't seem in the spirit of things.
In terms of money, I'm sure a few of us can put enough cash together for a better Soundcloud account, I reckon those who've expressed interest so far should make up enough of it. Most of the largest ones of those are of course for labels anyway. I'm happy to pop a few pounds into it, anyway.

The main reason we're using Soundcloud for promotion of this is they don't seem too bothered about copyrighted material, for one reason or another. We cannot sell these mixes, we can't put them on sites like archive.org who are much tighter about what goes on - because technically the Terminal Radio series, along with most online mixes, breaks copyright laws: we're offering other artists' work to download for free. Given that Soundcloud have yet to monitor this kind of thing, and they offer downloading as well as streaming, it seems logical that they're the best home for the mixes - that listeners don't need an account to stream/download is a bonus, and the community aspect of it all obviously makes it twice as appealing.

As for setting up a label, releasing music - we'll see what happens with Terminal Window 3 (which I need to get around to starting...)

And thanks Akkya for all the hosting so far - really great of you!
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

welcome everyone.

cheers everyone...
Here's to future endeavours...
Last edited by Akkya on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkfloor
Hardhead

Post by Darkfloor »

Ross wrote:First of all, I'll put my hand up against using advertising, plugs, whatever. Turning it into a commercial radio venture really doesn't seem in the spirit of things.
In terms of money, I'm sure a few of us can put enough cash together for a better Soundcloud account, I reckon those who've expressed interest so far should make up enough of it. Most of the largest ones of those are of course for labels anyway. I'm happy to pop a few pounds into it, anyway.

The main reason we're using Soundcloud for promotion of this is they don't seem too bothered about copyrighted material, for one reason or another. We cannot sell these mixes, we can't put them on sites like archive.org who are much tighter about what goes on - because technically the Terminal Radio series, along with most online mixes, breaks copyright laws: we're offering other artists' work to download for free. Given that Soundcloud have yet to monitor this kind of thing, and they offer downloading as well as streaming, it seems logical that they're the best home for the mixes - that listeners don't need an account to stream/download is a bonus, and the community aspect of it all obviously makes it twice as appealing.

As for setting up a label, releasing music - we'll see what happens with Terminal Window 3 (which I need to get around to starting...)

And thanks Akkya for all the hosting so far - really great of you!
SoundCloud can be very funny about copyrighted material. I've had DJ mixes taken down due to some auto copyright bull because a track I used had been sampled from some track that had copyright goons on it. It's an auto process and going back and forth with SoundCloud didn't really get me anywhere.

As much as SoundCloud does have the community spirit you really want to be hosting your mixes under your control with SoundCloud/Official/YouTube as secondary locations. YouTube would be a good one to put them on. for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVJUPjdi8TU
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

Not to be the bearer of bad news, or freak anyone out, but they have in fact started scanning for copyrighted material, in the past 6 months or so. http://netmix.com/soundcloud-and-audibl ... Yw6b4.dpbs I believe we've gotten lucky (and will continue to be okay) because the majority of the contents of our mixes are pretty obscure. I've heard about plenty of people bitching recently because their mixes were immediately taken down on Soundcloud, and for that reason a lot of people have indefinitely switched over to Mixcloud, where the rules are a bit more lenient. BUT NO DOWNLOADS! (Although anyone who spends 2 minutes on google can figure out how to download from mixcloud... *ahem* offliberty.com) I say, lets continue to host it on Soundcloud for as long as we can. The audience is way more receptive, indeed, and its a much more fun & attractive location for it. We'll figure out the math on whats required from us to get a pro plus account. I'm totally down. :)
Proceed with visual attack.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Ah, that's interesting. I suppose it was only a matter of time. Well, as said, it's probably not such a bother for us, most of our material is far enough below the radar to keep us from bother (other than my inclusion of Simple Minds, perhaps).
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Let's try and keep the Terminal Radio costs down to a minimum. I'm happy to pitch in if need be but there are other options for uploading mixes. example: http://www.mixcrate.com/

Mixcloud is a great place to host all our tracks for streaming for sure. Soundcloud has a great community but like others stated, it's not the best place for mixes.

Also, put me down for TR7. :)
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

When I meant plugs, I meant for the unsigned, individuals and netlabel groups, like if Tim needed more help during his Kickstarter he can back and then can have a little spot on a volume to play songs from Tidewater and talk about it for example. I wouldn't have this series pushed into the commercial realm, nothing past FSOL, it's generally for us to have our say, so yes it would be out of spirit for the series. But anyway it was an idea, chipping in is achievable.

Liking the idea of a label, we've got enough artists here to keep releases going, something to think about!

Ill upload the series to some of these places and see what the responses will be. I have copyright material all over my mixes and they haven't been taken down. The only run in I ever had was from the DCMA (???) telling me that the draft of my blog post for Clockwork Keyboard was offensive, I post it up and over a year later nothing has happened :S

Tim: TR7 it is! :)

Also, the first three volumes are added to the ambient channel rotation on Fnoob, tune in sometime and you could be hearing your mix playing :)
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

I have cleared all my work schedule in other genres - to work solidly on Ambient and Electronica for the following year.
I'm in for all following Terminal Radio / Window and other FSOL board projects until further notice where there's space...

Here's to a good year