What's the worst thing the guys did in your opinion?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Dennis
Ill Flower

What's the worst thing the guys did in your opinion?

Post by Dennis »

Ok, please don't feel offended all, but I think a real 'die hard' fan should be able to face the artistic missteps of his beloved favourite artist. :) (although I think the list of this will be SIGNIFICANTLY shorter than the favourite tracks one :) )

In fact there's only one track that comes to my mind instantly: the original tingler track with those horrible rapping vocals by gaz (I'm not sure, but I suppose it's him remembering some unsure info from ross' song info site)
Magnificient Insignificance
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: What's the worst thing the guys did in your opinion?

Post by Ross »

In terms of artistic missteps, I'd definitely say the final mix of The Isness. Absolutely no improvement over the Abbey Road version at all, and a complete butchering of Galaxial.

In terms of individual tracks, I've never enjoyed the Hallucination version of Yage, and I find a few archived things like Skinny Ribbed Fucker and I A I A I A I A really unlistenable.
darktrain
Tingler

Post by darktrain »

have to say that 'A Gigantic Globular Burst Of Antistatic' was really disappointing,had high expectations for it and came away feeling severely underwhelmed,think it was just too ambient from them.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

i can't really name anything as song names are a struggle for me to begin with

regardless my answer would just be THE earliest stuff.....like humanoid and metropolis....really pre-FSOL I guess

if i had to pick a bonafide FSOL track it would probably just be one from the 1st album

all that early rave sound stuff is "just ok" to me
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

first none enhaced archives havent the powerful of the other 4,5,6,7 that i love too(i forget add this on Ok songs,albums)
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

Well, definitely not a fan of the early cheesy eurotechno/rave stuff, but without it we wouldn't be here, would we? :)

Everything from Lifeforms -> 2013 is brilliant, with their style I don't think they can do any wrong. I'm still kinda bummed that they broke the illusion with the Archives albums.. Nice to have new stuff, but I still sometimes wonder.. will we ever get a new FSOL album, apart from the Environments and Archives series?
from the source flows the endless...
darktrain
Tingler

Post by darktrain »

tryptych that is the very same question I'd like answering...even if they just did one more new official fsol album I'd be happy..yes the archives and environment series are great and we've had plenty of them !!now it's time for some new original fsol material.double album too please gaz and Brian!
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

It seem a little unfair given the age but I've never really been a fan of 'While Other Cry'. It kind of works in the flow of the album but if it had been a single track I'd maybe be a little more unforgiving.

If you asked me a few years ago I would've straight away said 'Divinity' but I've slowly warmed to it over the years.