Monstrous Psychedelic Mixup

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
doomkrad
Hardhead

Monstrous Psychedelic Mixup

Post by doomkrad »

Hello Everybody! :D
I'm quite a FSOL nuttah with a big problem:
I just added A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Exploding In Your Mind Vol.5 and Vol.6 to my collection, [MP3 @ 320kbps, cat#'s MPB 5 and MPB 6 respectively] and I suspect the files have the wrong content: the one called Vol.6 could be in fact holding the Vol.5 mix and vice-versa.
I did some research work beforehand. On Discogs there are no tracklists for these 2 releases. Secondthought.co.uk didn't help either unfortunately, in fact it added difficulty to the puzzle. To add insult to injury, total durations on Discogs, secondthought and in my own collection are different :!:
To cut a long story short, I really need reliable tracklists for MPB 5 and MPB 6 (official sources?) , allowing me to identify what content I have in which file.
Many thanks in advance!
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Re: Monstrous Psychedelic Mixup

Post by dell1972 »

They did swap them around from the original broadcasts for reasons unknown.

There are actual partial tracklistings on Ross' site:
http://www.secondthought.co.uk/fsol/021005.htm
http://www.secondthought.co.uk/fsol/091005.htm

P.S. Welcome!
I am the eye that looks within
doomkrad
Hardhead

Post by doomkrad »

Many thanks for the quick reply!
Things are beginning to fall into place... Let me see if I can get this straight: if secondthought's information is correct AND definitive:
1. MPB 6 carried the artwork of MPB 5 - and viceversa - when released and, even more important,
2. MPB 6 does positively have Robert Plant - Song to the Siren at 13:45, MPB 5 does not?
[I need to know which corrections I need to make to my music database, sorry...]
Thanks again. :D
billybatts
Tingler

Post by billybatts »

If you have the time to play each mix, is using an app like Soundhound or Shazam an option? There was a track from an MPB (first played on Annie Nightingale) that was was driving me nuts to identify. A few seconds on soundhound, and bang - Anandar Shankar, Explorations!

Ross (and anyone else with these tracks) - could apps be used to decipher the Unknowns in the tracklistings?
doomkrad
Hardhead

Post by doomkrad »

billybatts, I'm afraid this is not solving my problem. I already identified one of the tracks as being Robert Plant - Song to the Siren. What I need to know beyond any doubt is which of the 2 mixes contains it: MPB 5 or MPB 6? If I know that, I also know which file contains which mix.
Many thanks for your contribution!