FSOL interview in Global Techno (1999)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: FSOL interview in Global Techno (1999)

Post by Pandemonium »

Well, first, let me translate :) Tito Lozano is RONTXO :) (my brother form another mother!)

And yes, this translation has a few mistakes, but it's no big deal... (the intro fact that B&G created Stakker together is just plain wrong...)

Also, most of these answers and thoughts are already seen in other interviews... nice read anyways...
You're doin' too much, do less.
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

Garry's responses sound very similar to those in his brief interview on "Mixing It". "I'm not a musician. I'm a COLLAGE artist..." :roll:
Proceed with visual attack.
DeadCitiesEverywhere
Hardhead

Post by DeadCitiesEverywhere »

Pandemonium: Ok ! Argh, sorry Tito, I do not know if it was a person or, I don't know, a former forum maybe...
Yes, there are several mistakes in the introduction, it's unfortunate. Global Techno is a big book, the authors have been around the world and met some of the most important personalities of the electronic scene. I am glad they met Cobain & Dougans :)
Too bad the content is not more consistent.
Finally, pictures of the book. It's not exciting, but it's a small complement.

Thanks everyone !

DeadCitiesEverywhere
Hardhead

Re: FSOL interview in Global Techno

DeadCitiesEverywhere wrote:I have a French live from 97 (I do not think it is on fsoldigital) recorded on tape absolutely wonderful. Someone uploded it on Youtube, I'd love to buy a good quality version of this live.
(The content is posterior to Dead Cities, with among other things, Popadom, Private Psyche And Inner Life,
Trying To Make Impermanent Things Permanent, and an incredible version of We Have Explosive)
I do not pretend that this is a new material or anything, I'm sure everyone here sees what it is.
Sorry guys, I know this is not about this topic, but I think it is unnecessary to open a new topic for it; about this famous live (herewith the youtube link), do you know if there is a good quality version ?

mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Yeah I think a lot of us are looking for that broadcast in a better quality. For reference I don't think (from speaking to Ross) it's this one despite having this same name - http://www.fsoldigital.com/?product=fun ... nce-170597 (peoples feel free to correct me if I'm wrong !)
DeadCitiesEverywhere
Hardhead

I have not bought the french fsoldigital lives, but given the length of this live, I don't think it's the same, it is perhaps a titration error. For my part, I recorded the live on a tape at the time, the quality is as bad as on Youtube, and I'm pretty sure this is the correct date, I don't remember precisely the month, but it was between April and July.
Thanks mcbpete, you almost confirm that it's a precious live. At each volume of the Archives, I expect that extracts of this show are present in the tracklist ! :D