Environment 7 trilogy

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
OffLand
Ill Flower

Re: Rituals: e7.001 (Environment 7) out April 2022

Post by OffLand »

Wow, four bonus tracks! That's awesome. If e7.001 was an archive album, I would assume Ebb Flow had something to do with Critical Ebb or Esus Flow. Probably only shares words. Hopiate is a long one, huh. :D
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Aye, from memory the only properly new tracks from the FSOLDigital era that are longer are Globules and In Solitude We Are Least Alone. I wonder if it’s the track from Alan’s mix, that was a lengthy one and would be a pretty good opener.
tengram
Hardhead

Post by tengram »

Juno Records has a pre-order link up for the CD now, and an "email me when released" listing for the LP version.

CD is listed as 4/29 release date, while the vinyl is 4/30. (I'm assuming that means the RSD vinyl, as I've noticed Juno often puts RSD stuff up online about a week after the "proper" RSD date.)
Ross

Post by Ross »

Yeah, RSD stock can’t be sold online until at least a week after the day itself.
Trigga Bo
Tingler

Post by Trigga Bo »

OffLand and there is also such an option ''Origin Flows''
[+] Oooh and did you know that ...
nanio tine
Hardhead

Post by nanio tine »

glad there are some longer tracks in there this time. 17 is still quite a lot but I'm still holding out hope for this - its been a long time coming! only a couple of weeks to go now. need to find my nearest local record store day shop
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

I was really hoping that we'd get a Rituals teaser or music video or some sort of press for the album this week. It's been real quiet this April. Not a word about the album since the artwork reveal :/

It is releasing next week still, right?

Post by Ross »

Yup, LP on Saturday and CD/digital next week.
It’s actually rare we get track previews, YouTube teasers etc these days, Cascade 2020 got a video after release, Built by Humanoid got a couple of videos, AEV got the Rosey one I helped make, but it’s a long way from the Environments 2-5 days where we’d get several YouTube clips in the weeks leading up to release. We haven’t actually had any official word from the band at all, with art and titles simply coming from online stores.
tengram
Hardhead

Post by tengram »

Anybody get the vinyl today for RSD?
Neil
Hardhead

Post by Neil »

Yeah, i scooped a copy this morning from Action Records in Preston. Have given it one spin so far, and i really liked it. Recent releases have taken me quite a while to get into before they clicked (and now i love some of them), but for me it felt like Rituals was quite easy to engage with straight off. I'm not sure if it feels a bit more coherent too with more of a sound world to it (i'm confident Ross will be able to properly describe it in a far more articulate way than i could - so i won't even try!), and it has some really beautiful sections to it. I cant wait to give it another spin on headphones as for me it sounded like there was a lot in there that appealed to me and i'm excited by, and although i don't want to give an instant judgement as repeated listens can change your immediate opinion, right now i'm really happy with what i'm hearing.
Ross

Post by Ross »

I’m stuck at home with Covid. This was going to be my first RSD purchase too.
Glad you’ve enjoyed it Neil! The first review on the Facebook group has been positive, too (although there are still people asking what the release is and if it contains new music… not even a post on the official FSOL page advertising it). Very much looking forward to giving it a spin next week.
Neil
Hardhead

Post by Neil »

Ahh, nightmare Ross, hope you feel better soon. That's a shame. It was my first RSD today too. Had to queue for a fair while, so i wasn't thinking there'd be anything left, but got Rituals and a re-issue i was after. I'll check out the FB page - always forget about that. Just had another listen and definitely feel there is some strong stuff on there for sure - some gems, side 2 in particular. But overall it sounds pretty coherent to me so far. Looking forward to the bonus tracks with digital. It's a shame there hasn't really been any promotion for it. Will be cool to hear what you and others think of it.
tengram
Hardhead

Post by tengram »

Excellent! Thanks for sharing the thoughts! I live in the US, so have to wait until I can access to a copy, but it sounds like it'll be worth the wait!
Ross

Post by Ross »

Can confirm that the first track from Alan's mix, 'Rituals' from last year's Touched Mix and a renamed 'Rain Forest' from Mind Maps are on this. 'Northern Point' isn't.
mtnsportr
Hardhead

Post by mtnsportr »

I went to the record store to support RSD and knew they wouldn't have Rituals but looked anyway! Not sure if any copies go to Texas...at lease my kids found some records they wanted so it was fun.

Will order online as usual and avoid reading any spoilers from you guys haha jk. But for real my first thought was to go verify those tracks on Mindmaps but it is better to wait and listen to have that "aha" moment.