It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:44 pm

What are you listening to?

Any NON-FSOL based music chatter can go right about here....
  • Author

epitome

Vertical Pig

Re: What are you listening to?

PostSat Sep 22, 2018 11:09 am

tryptych wrote:
epitome wrote:Syntax - Tripolar

This came out 6 years ago and I only just found out about it.

Holy shit! I only found out about Syntax this year and been listening to Meccano Mind like crazy. I'm a huge Fluke fan, so needless to say this was a pleasant surprise. Somehow I missed this too, gonna grab ASAP!

Years ago I made a little EP of Meccano Mind b-sides - look for Woman, Sexograph and Love Song if you don't have them :)

Really enjoying this Tripolar EP. I guess that's the last thing they'll ever do though.

tryptych

Ill Flower

PostSat Sep 22, 2018 12:29 pm

epitome wrote:
tryptych wrote:
epitome wrote:Syntax - Tripolar

This came out 6 years ago and I only just found out about it.

Holy shit! I only found out about Syntax this year and been listening to Meccano Mind like crazy. I'm a huge Fluke fan, so needless to say this was a pleasant surprise. Somehow I missed this too, gonna grab ASAP!

Years ago I made a little EP of Meccano Mind b-sides - look for Woman, Sexograph and Love Song if you don't have them :)

Really enjoying this Tripolar EP. I guess that's the last thing they'll ever do though.

Yeah I have them (Japanese edition of MM). Gonna listen to Tripolar tonight with some proper, umm, concentration :D

You are probably aware of 2 Bit Pie, right? Both of these projects are criminally underrated IMO, but I'd still give my left testicle for a new Fluke album.
from the source flows the endless...

epitome

Vertical Pig

PostSun Sep 23, 2018 5:13 pm

tryptych wrote:Yeah I have them (Japanese edition of MM). Gonna listen to Tripolar tonight with some proper, umm, concentration :D

You are probably aware of 2 Bit Pie, right? Both of these projects are criminally underrated IMO, but I'd still give my left testicle for a new Fluke album.

Yeah, I really like the 2 Bit Pie stuff as well. And Fluke, of course (particularly Puppy and Risotto). I don't think any of those guys are up to much these days, are they?

tryptych

Ill Flower

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 5:19 pm

epitome wrote:
tryptych wrote:Yeah, I really like the 2 Bit Pie stuff as well. And Fluke, of course (particularly Puppy and Risotto). I don't think any of those guys are up to much these days, are they?

Apparently not, which is a shame.. Puppy and Risotto are my favorites too, OTO's second half is great too.

Listened to Tripolar btw.. besides the opening track, not really my cup of tea, way different than Meccano Mind.

Been playing Trash Deity's debut lately (Groovie Mann from My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult and some other dude), it's like having a brand new TKK album, love it :)

epitome

Vertical Pig

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 6:33 pm

tryptych wrote:
epitome wrote:
tryptych wrote:Yeah, I really like the 2 Bit Pie stuff as well. And Fluke, of course (particularly Puppy and Risotto). I don't think any of those guys are up to much these days, are they?

Apparently not, which is a shame.. Puppy and Risotto are my favorites too, OTO's second half is great too.

Listened to Tripolar btw.. besides the opening track, not really my cup of tea, way different than Meccano Mind.

It is quite different to Meccano Mind but I do like it. Thorns and Roses is my favourite track.

tryptych

Ill Flower

PostMon Oct 08, 2018 6:11 pm

Herbaliser - Something Wicked This Way Comes (2002)

I love listening to this type of shit on my headphones while taking a walk outside and smoking.. Organic, instrumental hip hop pioneers.

Talk Talk - Spirit Of Eden (1988, 2014 remaster 'tho)

Just getting into these guys, pretty abstract & ambient stuff for being so popular. Good so far!

Ross

Just a Fuckin' Idiot

PostTue Oct 09, 2018 12:10 pm

Talk Talk got a pretty big fanbase from their previous album, The Colour of Spring, which allowed them to take them time really make the album they wanted to. Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock are both hugely influential masterpieces.

Pandemonium

Mango Tree

PostTue Oct 09, 2018 10:26 pm

+1 for the Herbaliser :)
You're doin' too much, do less.

RazorJack

Jelly Legs

PostWed Oct 10, 2018 8:58 pm

Devilish Trio - Words Of The Warlocks
Past Junts (2018)

Been listening to these guys A LOT lately. Discovery of the year for me, I think. Wouldn't have thought I'd ever say that about a rap/hip-hop artist. That new one from Cypress Hill is also beyond awesome :-) Can't wait to see them live in December.
Previous

Return to Music Discussion