What from FSOL's yesteryears you'd like to see revisited?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Concept
Tingler

What from FSOL's yesteryears you'd like to see revisited?

Post by Concept »

So I'm playing Wipeout VR and Expander pops up in my playlist. Wicked tune.

Then I put two and two. If My Kingdom is being re-imagined, what other classics of FSOL's would you like to see get a new perspective?

Like I said, for me, FSOL Amorphous Androging Accelerator would be awesome.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: What from FSOL's yesteryears you'd like to see revisited

Post by Pandemonium »

I'd like to see all of the 90s albums in their remastered/expanded form, properly curated.

They'd all be 3 to 6 CDs thick, with B-Sides, longform singles, alternate cuts and so on... :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Although I doubt the deluxe reissues, if they come, will be more than 2CD packages (or 3, in Lifeforms's case), some super-deluxe boxsets would be nice.

I'd love to hear the updated version of 'Lifeforms'. The Lifeforms/ISDN era was their most sample-heavy, which makes it the most intriguing and unique sounding of their material to me, so I'd love to hear that remade version of 'Lifeforms' they worked on. With the band heading further into synth & live instrument production, anything new from that sampley era would go down a treat.
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Concept wrote:So I'm playing Wipeout VR and Expander pops up in my playlist. Wicked tune.

Then I put two and two. If My Kingdom is being re-imagined, what other classics of FSOL's would you like to see get a new perspective?

Like I said, for me, FSOL Amorphous Androging Accelerator would be awesome.
The Wipeout VR-Update was the reason for me to finally get my hands on PSVR and it's fucking incredible. It's like what I dreamt about 20 years ago finally became true :)

"The entered the vortex, and their dreams became reality" :D

So my slightly off topic question would be: is it possible to play your own music during the game, like it was possible on the PS3?
Would love to play this with FSOL, Orbital or Underworld in the background instead of the garbage-EDM-stuff that's on the official soundtrack.
Magnificient Insignificance
Concept
Tingler

Post by Concept »

Yeah. It's incredible. I think they're rendering at a higher res than the native screen so things like clarity and depth perception really pop out. Like you say, it's like being in the cockpit a la the Fluke Atom Bomb video from all those years ago.

If you have a Spotify account you can play music over the game (the sound and menu effects are still there). It arguably creates a more cohesive experience than the standard soundtrack because the songs aren't getting cut off with each menu/restart change. One drawback though is that the music being affected by explosions and some such isn't there when you play your own playlists.

Anyway. If you have Spotify download the PS4 Spotify app, and combo it. I've been using these playlists collected from other people a while ago. : )

There's this as well:

Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Thanks man. Unfortunately I don't have a spotify-account. Maybe I'll try it out. Perhaps this will work with other VR-Games too.
Magnificient Insignificance
Chris3d
Hardhead

Post by Chris3d »

It would be cool to see a compilation of a selection of tracks from their 90s albums (Accelerator > Dead Cities). We heard a rebuild of We Have Explosive back in 2011 and about to hear some updated versions of My Kingdom. If they did some of their other main tracks and threaded it all together on a CD or two that would be ace. Kind of like a best of, but rebuilt.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Yeah, that's a pretty good idea. Add the 2014 remake of Mountain Goat and the 2008 Smart Systems remix of Tingler to that and we're already well on our way to having one! Hah.