Mushroom 11 Soundtrack by FSOL

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Re: Mushroom 11 Soundtrack by FSOL

Post by mcbpete »

Looks like this thing finally has a release date (October 15th). More details here - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/09 ... ober-15th/

New trailer:
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Wait... this WAS already released... looks like they're relaunching..?

Well, they made even better graphics and design, but those weren't the problem in the first place - looks like the marketing was... it's almost impossible to get that one right these days (I mean, right and not super-expensive).

- And it looks like it's still not going on mobile/tablet platforms - which means it will probably fail again - too bad - the game looks awesome.
You're doin' too much, do less.
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

No, the full game hasn't been released yet, only a demo. I think they're still going to do tablet just not right away.
Can't wait for the game. Too bad it comes out while I'm on vacation. I'll have to play in when I get back!
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

It does look very nice doesn't it? Seems they're planning a mobile version for next year:

http://gamingtrend.com/2015/09/28/innov ... ctober-15/
I am the eye that looks within
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

From the preview trailer it definitely looks like a game that'd favour touch controls over mouse & keyboard input
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

mcbpete wrote:From the preview trailer it definitely looks like a game that'd favour touch controls over mouse & keyboard input
Exactly my point! Thanks Pete :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Hi all, been a while since I visited here :O

Just thought I'll share that the game's out now, and it does indeed contain brand new unreleased tracks!:

http://www.gog.com/game/mushroom_11_soundtrack

Mushroom 11 soundtrack by The Future Sound of London:
1. Underground (Field of Flowers)
2. Urban Blight (A Corner)
3. Macrobiotics (North Arctic)
4. Cul-De-Sac (River Delta)
5. Late Harvest (Summer's Dream)
6. Orderly Fashion (Plough)
7. Formaldehyde (Environments 1)
8. Cremator (A Glitch In Cellular Memory)
9. Remorseful (Environments 1)
10. Lost and Found (The Empty Land)
11. Anew (End Of The World)
12. Wave Stat (Unreleased)
13. tx 81z Another Brother (Unreleased)
14. The Equevalents (Unreleased)
15. End of the World (Unreleased - String Version)

I guess these were added later, who knows. You'll have to buy the game itself to obtain the soundtrack.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Weird, looks like they tagged a load of new stuff on the end. I'm a little confused about the link as it looks like the first one is a link just to the soundtrack, only a lot cheaper than it was before. Shame it appears to be only mp3 though.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Anyone got this yet? Any info on the unreleased tracks?

I'm tempted to get the soundtrack - I probably will, even though it's a bit annoying to have to buy the whole thing when I only want the few unreleased tracks really.

They should've done a deluxe version of the game, maybe for about £2 more than the regular version, which included the soundtrack on MP3. I'd probably have given the game a try then (even though I don't have the enthusiasm to play games any more).
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

yeah, I think I'll wait for the mobile version next year, and pay the extra dollar for the soundtrack, kind of a pointless bundle IMO.
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Did anyone on here end up getting the soundtrack or the game (or both)?
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

I have both the game and the soundtrack. I'm still waiting for them to update the soundtrack download file with the four new tracks added. As soon as I get them, I'll post about them.

I think you can buy the soundtrack by itself on Steam, though like I said earlier, the first 11 tracks are just edits.
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

OffLand wrote:I have both the game and the soundtrack. I'm still waiting for them to update the soundtrack download file with the four new tracks added. As soon as I get them, I'll post about them.

I think you can buy the soundtrack by itself on Steam, though like I said earlier, the first 11 tracks are just edits.
I was going to buy the soundtrack from GoG - just curious about the exclusive tracks though - not to keep to spend £7 when it might be four 30 second tracks for all I know :) . Where did you buy it from - how come it only came with the first 11 tracks?

Keep us updated when you get the other tracks :D
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

On gog it is only available if you buy the game at the same time. I assume it is the same with steam. Shame the mobile version isn't available
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

dell1972 wrote:On gog it is only available if you buy the game at the same time. I assume it is the same with steam. Shame the mobile version isn't available
Are you sure you have to buy the game?
The soundtrack is available separately at this link:
http://www.gog.com/game/mushroom_11_soundtrack

I know there is a message that says "TO PLAY THIS ITEM YOU ALSO NEED" and a link to the game, but I presume that is just because the soundtrack is linked as being like a DLC or expansion pack, as that website is mainly just for selling games.

It certainly lets me add the soundtrack to my cart without adding the game as well and presumably once you've bought it, it's just a zip file with MP3s in it. Unless at checkout it forces you to buy the game as well, I haven't gone that far with it yet.

If I do have to buy the game as well, they'd have to be four amazing tracks, as then I'd have to fork out about £17 (and I'd probably never find time to play the game anyway).