Expander

Re: Terminal Radio - Season 2 - call for artists

Post by Akkya »

I'll send some new transmissions soon.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

On this evening with live recordings from Off Land and Noisesurfer.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Up tonight, Season 2 Episode 5, curated by Noisesurfer, with mixes from himself, Vocdat and Tokyo Tower, plus another practice session from Off Land.
Last couple are going on Mixcloud now. Looks like no more will be on Soundcloud after the takedowns over the past few weeks...
Ross

Post by Ross »

Right, due to a few rather large changes in my life at the minute I'm no longer able to host Terminal Radio. I have October's show almost complete, but once that's over I'm going to need somebody to take over - or we could let the show take a rest. I've not been the best at pushing it, but at the same time there's been considerably less interest in the show this year in general, so maybe taking a break and seeing if there's renewed interest in the future would be a good idea. But if anybody wants to take over then please do so! Would need to know in the next couple of weeks so I can let Mike know for the future...
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Thanks for hosting it Ross! While I've been able to provide content for it this year, I'm not able to host it either. I agree that it has not been as popular this year which is a shame. I sort of thought NMesh's super show would have brought in more of a constant audience... sigh. Perhaps people aren't into this format as we are?

Post by Ross »

Alex's show killed the whole bloody thing off! We've not had the interest since that one. I think it was just too good to beat, haha.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Let the show rest - the tempo / size were too demanding (for the listeners) anyway...

Let it rest - revisit it in 6 months or so...

Meanwhile - we could think of a brand new show - different format - few twists... I can't share ideas right now as I'm burning with fever...
You're doin' too much, do less.
Ross

Post by Ross »

I've spoken to Mike and he says it's cool to put it aside for now then. Should there be renewed interest we can look at reviving it in the future...
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Ross wrote:I've not been the best at pushing it,
Unfortunately this is the main reason for the lack of interest in the show.

Don't get me wrong, this part was very hard to do. I was able to for a while, with help from alot of you, but it will take its toll on you after a while. People forget in this internet age, and unfortunately you need to keep pushing until worthy news sources pick you up and handle that more than you ever would. This has happened to a couple of us here individually, but TR didn't reach it.
Ross wrote:Alex's show killed the whole bloody thing off! We've not had the interest since that one. I think it was just too good to beat, haha.
Again, Alex pushed the living fuck out of it, ads and posts galore in the months before it went to air. It was a really remarkable achievement. Afterwards, the mere thinking that each show needed to compare to that one was the wrong way of continuing. Its a radio show, not a movie franchise! :) Things like that only happen once a year or so for a radio show, it hasn't happened to alot of others shows!
Ross wrote:Looks like no more will be on Soundcloud after the takedowns over the past few weeks...
Soundcloud has been going copyright crazy lately, heaps of accounts have been taken down, plus I'm not very focused on Soundcloud anymore, so in the end the TRs I was hosting had to go, and I've downgraded my account. Though the shows are still available on other sites, and are easily shareable, so no big loss.

Just wanted to put in my thoughts. Cool to see the show continued for a while anyway, 60 something hours of headtrips.. :shock:
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

we did some glorious things out of nothing.
I'm very proud of what we achieved.
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

Again, just to reiterate, my intentions were never to kill off the show (I'm sure you all know this), but to make my one shot at curation really count - It's been a busy several years for me, and time is never on my side, so when my turn came up, figured I'd go into it guns a blazin' in case I didn't have the opportunity in the future - never expected the positive response I got from asking all the bigwigs, and the ultimate turnout is something that still baffles me - only two I didn't successfully get was The Black Dog and The Orb

But anyway, Ross informed me that the show was coming to a close, which of course is sad to hear, but at the same time I understand - As Craig mentioned above, 60 combined hours of headtrips is something to be awfully proud of - I know I enjoyed every single one, and there was plenty of others that did too - Too bad Mixcloud doesn't let me listen to half of them! :shock: (I'm in the US and the rules are extremely silly..) but I nabbed them all, and all in all it's something I was quite happy to be a part of - Long story short, ditto what Akkya said.

Proceed with visual attack.
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

I should also note, that after Soundclown started axing everyone's accounts, I got scared and axed all my mixes - everything except TR22 haha - just didn't have the heart to do it.
Proceed with visual attack.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

haha surely no need to apologize for working hard and kickin asss nmesh ;)
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Aghh, what is that from - seems so familiar ....