New-old Aphex tracks

Any NON-FSOL based music chatter can go right about here....
seedy
Antique Toy

Re: New-old Aphex tracks

Post by seedy »

couple more up

annoying he's not making these downloadable....i bet he doesn't realize this
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Current news is it's all gone. Last night's tracks were some of the absolute best of the bunch.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

ok this is fecked

here's the timeline i know of.....
when i heard of more tracks i checked the site late yesterday and found it completely empty and with the new user name "caustic window"

i talked to my peeps and they linked me to a soundcloud that said "afx is now user 18081971"
following this link i found everything he had uploaded including the newest stuff
https://soundcloud.com/user18081971

but um yeah......that link magically is something else in a matter of hours?

idkwtf is going on
at all :shock:
Ross

Post by Ross »

He changed the username to user18081971, then the fake Caustic Window account grabbed the old name. Then his account disappeared altogether, so somebody else grabbed 18081971. You can change your username to anything (provided it isn't already in use), so once he deleted his account somebody else decided to use that one (probably to grab lots of plays). All the tracks have gone anyway (i.e. any favourited are no longer in any favourites playlist).
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

yeah i did some reading today to better understand how soundcloud works

whelp....i guess we just wait and hope for the best
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Maybe it means it, or some of it will get a proper release. Or perhaps the suits won. For now we'll just have to put up with the last lot being in just 128 kbps. We have more than enough to tide us over. I still haven't listened to all the tracks from the Syrobonkers interview
I am the eye that looks within
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

I tried the WATMM forum but that place confuses me a lot :)

So, does anyone has a grip on the whole AFX archives situation?
- here is what I know:

- there are 207 tracks released in roughly 6 waves (days).

+ there is this 'Selected Ambient Works 1.5' consisted of 11 tracks (was that also in the SC bunch?)
EDIT: I see the SAW1.5 tracks repeat in the big 207 tracks in the batch - so I assume some fans compiled SAW1.5?

+ the DJ food mix.

- what I want to know -- I see some covers circling around (some with titles, some just pictures), named like:
-- old DAT's & cassettes
-- selected soundcloud works
-- unselected ambient works
-- aphex twin surfing on soundclouds (selected unreleased works 85-15)
-- serious tunes for nice people
-- new chapter

-- so, what are these titles? which bunch of the 207 tracks goes with which title? Any info?
You're doin' too much, do less.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Pandemonium wrote: + there is this 'Selected Ambient Works 1.5' consisted of 11 tracks (was that also in the SC bunch?)
EDIT: I see the SAW1.5 tracks repeat in the big 207 tracks in the batch - so I assume some fans compiled SAW1.5?
Yep, the SAW1.5 was a playlist of tracks from the soundcloud dump - the tracks chosen were actually by Richard himself so is pretty much an official album (or sorts!)

The only track I have with any of the titles you've mentioned is 'fmsubBass' which has been tagged with the title 'Unreleased Works 85-15), the remainder are mostly tracks with no album names or titled as 'Sc', though some are titled: un dat comp, user48736353001, dats digital, cassette aiffs, afx edits & <un>. Think all of those aforementioned ones you've listed are fan compiled tracks
Ross

Post by Ross »

All of the titles and covers are fan made things. Richard made the SAW1.5 playlist but the rest are just tracks, not organised in any real way.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

yeah all that you are seeing are just compilations of these soundcloud tracks at points in time

and don't forget the SYROBONKERS tracks that came out before these waves of soundcloud dumps

PS Pande - if you don't like watmm there is a good thread on "that other site" that has been on top off all of this ;)
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

OK, I seemed to have lost it a bit through the last couple of pages on that watmm-thread... RDJ´s soundcloud-account vanished somehow and on watmm someone posted a download-link for the last 32 tracks in 128-quality, that was the last thing I recognized, so is the SC-account up again, did he upload any more tracks, maybe the last ones in better quality or something? Things got a bit confusing recently...
Magnificient Insignificance
Ross

Post by Ross »

The account is back up, he made a comment on a track saying he had to take it down for some reason... Some new tracks since then, but most of the last batch still aren't available to download so the 128kbps stream versions are still the only ones available...
Mr Royale
Tingler

Post by Mr Royale »

I got a zip file back in January with 101 tracks in it but I've only just got around to listening to it. So far most of it hasn't been great, but I am sure there will be the odd good one in there eventually.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

seedy wrote:and don't forget the SYROBONKERS tracks that came out before these waves of soundcloud dumps
- I probably missed these too... Seedy, PM me some links man :)
You're doin' too much, do less.