New-old Aphex tracks

Any NON-FSOL based music chatter can go right about here....
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

New-old Aphex tracks

Post by Ross »

Nothing "official" but as there are tracks that he's played live and some on the infamous "Joyrex Tape", there's no question these aren't genuine.

https://soundcloud.com/user487363530/

At time of posting there 's 93 minutes of material... maybe more to come. Some of this is lovely. I've always enjoyed his earlier lo-fi stuff the most so this has completely made my day.
seedy
Antique Toy

Re: New-old Aphex tracks

Post by seedy »

it's going to be a pain to dl all of that

i hope it stays up as i won't have time at the moment!
Ross

Post by Ross »

He's still uploading them! 32 now.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

What I've listened to so far is incredible even through the one working headphone bud I have! Not for download, I can only assume that this is just a teaser for the boxed set he's mentioned a few times.
I am the eye that looks within
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Two days in trying to play catch up and I just can't quite manage it! There's easily a DIY SAW III in there not to mention a few extra Bubblebaths...
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

up to 50 something tracks at this point??!??!

yes will be nice to have these on disc rather than the lame 128 currently available
Ross

Post by Ross »

68 tracks at the moment.

It's so hard to categorise the first day or so's worth of uploads, because the 1990 - 1994 releases seemed to be fairly random in terms of styles - a track could just as easily end up as an Analogue Bubblebath, Caustic Window, Aphex or Polygon Window track. We're very much into I Care Because You Do era today - there's been about two albums' worth of ICBYD outtakes so far and they're all incredible.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

I count 74 now, only just got onto today's snowfall of tracks!
Ross

Post by Ross »

He's gone back to the start again, some more early SAW85-92 and ravey tracks in the latest batch.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

well....idk if he's done at this point since it's been 24 hours but either way here is a complete version of what was dropped to date

https://mega.co.nz/#!3cNjkAaC!ujXngjbk1 ... F5c10o7D08
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

I'm a bit late on this, but managed to grab that 111+30 track package somewhere from that sprawling watmm-thread. 8.1/2 hours early 90ies Aphex-magic released within only a week - that's pretty impressive. From what I heard so far - about the half of that 111 track soundcloud dump - there's definitely a few more Bubblebaths and Selected Ambient Works as well as some Caustic Window LP's in there that easily catch up with his early 90ies regular releases. Missing some stuff in RDJ-album-CTD/Windowlicker-style til now, maybe thats coming later. Not that I want to complain...

BTW, was there any official confirmation from RDJ about this, I only saw from the first few pages from the watmm thread there were at first some heavy doubts about it being a fake or not?
Last edited by Dennis on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magnificient Insignificance
Ross

Post by Ross »

There's a big chunk of ICBYD stuff in the second half, and a handful of Hangable Autobulb/RDJ Album types at the end, but the majority is earlier pieces - probably because he would have to have spent more time on the complexity of those later pieces so made fewer in general!
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

I always imagined he has a huge pile of stuff lying around from the late 90ies, because after RDJ album there was only 2 EP's within almost 4 years. Like Gaz'n Brian with the "lost" Dead Cities follow up I liked to think of a similar "lost" release from him full of stuff in the style of "Flim "or "IZ US"...

*dreams*
Magnificient Insignificance
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

I spent several days playing catch up as more and more were uploaded. He stopped just as i caught up! There's some wonderful stuff in there. Rdj linked to it on twitter a few hours after it stopped so i guess that's his way of saying it's him.