Acrostic Poem

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
fookedonhonix
Hardhead

Acrostic Poem

Post by fookedonhonix »

Little brothers, I know why there are no moons around the planet that poisoned you. It is because it is an ill flower that deadens skin cells until they are blue. Fear not though for I will take you to London where the future is on desert grounds. Easily the witch girl will cure you with her electronic brain and cerebral sounds.

First, take these bird wings and learn how to die. Over the dead cities, accelerate through the kingdom of drowning in you and I. Remember the spineless jelly will protect you among myselves. Maybe you will awake now. Soon to find yourselves.
fookedonhonix
Hardhead

Re: Acrostic Poem

Post by fookedonhonix »

So here is a little explanation. I use or refer to several track names in the content of the poem from the album, Lifeforms. For example, Little Brothers, Ill Flower, Dead Skin Cells, Bird Wings, and Among Myselves. I make reference to the album, Dead Cities and the track, My Kingdom on that album.

"There are no moons around that planet that poison you" Should send you to "Mercury" (planet with no moons) making reference to Cobain being poisoned by mercury. Ill flower doubles as a track name and being a metaphor for the toxicity of mercury which kills, thus deadening skin cells, though this is also another track name.

"Fear not though for I will take you to London where the future is on desert grounds. Easily the witch girl will cure you with her electronic brain and cerebral sounds." makes reference to FSOL, and the album cover with the witch girl in the desert with the electronic brain. This also suggest that listening to the album is therapeutic or relaxing, etc...

And it finishes with "Remember the spineless jelly will protect you among myselves. Maybe you will awake now. Soon to find yourselves." that listening to the album also causes potential introspection.

Finally, it is acrostic, and thus in this case, it spells out LIFEFORMS through the first letter of each sentence.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

I think most of us figured that out - but didn't knew what to say :) - I sure didn't
- Cool poem otherwise - I'm sure Gaz will like it.
You're doin' too much, do less.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Pandemonium wrote:I think most of us figured that out - but didn't knew what to say
Yeah that was exactly my stance too ! (though didn't spot the acrostic-ness of each sentence nor the Mercury cryptic clue! )
fookedonhonix
Hardhead

Post by fookedonhonix »

Okay, good! I never know anymore. I write some more cryptic than others. I usually write them for songs, albums, artists, developers, etc... anything that inspires me at the moment. I've written others for Moondog, Boards of Canada, Gloomy Sunday (song), Ninja Tunes, Yosi Horikawa - Vapor, etc... to name a few others, all relatively cryptic but more so than your typical writings\poems. I listened to Lifeforms recently and knew I had to write something about it. Thanks for reading.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Yeah, that was pretty cool - reminded me of the passages in the 'Archives' booklets, only much more coherent! Didn't notice the acrostic nature of it either (was looking for a directly vertical acrostic and didn't find it - lazybones), impressive.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

haha i totally didn't catch the "first letter of each sentence" part
cool!