Terminal Radio - Season 2 - call for artists

Terminal Window / Terminal Radio discussion
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Terminal Radio - Season 2 - call for artists

Post by Ross »

Right. It seems that currently TR seems to have disappeared from the airwaves somewhat - we've only had one mix this year, and the last mix not curated by Craig was Tim's in November (I think the super-ultra-mega-mix from Nmesh made everybody else feel inferior and killed it all off!). So I thought it might be a good time to reboot the series and re-imagine it a little.

If people are interested, I'm happy to curate the next few to get it going again. We've had the same setup for most of it for ages now so I thought maybe making a few tweaks would be a good idea - if anybody wants to make any idents, stings, segues/environments etc., that'd be awesome. We've been using the same Nmesh intro and idents since the early shows (awesome as they are), so I thought maybe some new stuff would make it seem a bit fresher. Also inspired by Gaz chatting about the Yage & Cyberface stuff on Facebook inspired me, particularly how he was saying they were intended to be an alternative to standard DJs - the idea of having some sort of narrative world that the mixes inhabit, which then switches over to the computer to play guest mixes - it makes it seem more like a 'programme' than simply a mix. In similar lines, I also like the idea of maybe having interviews, text, dialogue in there - incorporated into the music, of course - similar to the elements of interviews in the EBS mixes, and the Mixing It '94 show which begins with an interview (also partially inspired by Chris Morris's Blue Jam radio series). I also thought it'd be a good place to promote new releases from Terminal artists - in the past we've opened shows with new FSOL releases, but given how far Terminal's come over the past couple of years, it seems more appropriate these days to be highlighting new music from people who've been involved in the show itself!

Anyway, this is an open call for contributions. Please send over idents, stings, segues, interesting content and, of course, mixes. 15 minutes is still a good idea, but if people have longer mixes they can also be incorporated as ideally the format will be a little more 'fluid' this time. If you don't have any new material to send, you're encouraged to send over bits of old mixes if they've not been included in the show. Some months we do seem to have gaps in the show and if you have a mix that's not been broadcast on Terminal Radio before that you're proud of, I'd be happy to include it! And ask around, if there's anybody you know who'd like to get involved, pass it on to them!

Thoughts...?
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: Terminal Radio - Season II

Post by Pandemonium »

Well, I literally like everything I read :)

- Well, you know me, making a mix is kind of a big deal for me, and time consuming :D
- But, bits, stings, movie cuts, some weird environments, this I think I can do - I'm in a digital crate digging mode these months, so cool cuts pass me every day. I'll see what I can do.
You're doin' too much, do less.
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

I'm in - I'll PM some work soon
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

I wasn't trying to kill it, ya know... My schedule's pretty busy these days, and so I figured that it might be my one shot at curation, so was just trying to make it count ! (and bring in some new listeners) :P

Proceed with visual attack.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Had it happened now, it definitely would have killed it off, now you're the official inventor of Vaporwave an' all.
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

And that's a FACT. TR would have imploded on itself upon airplay - Eat your heart out OPN, Ferraro and Vek - Seat's taken.
Proceed with visual attack.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Haha, you definitely got some good press on that one. Good work man :)
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

If you ask me, its just the beginning - NMESH opened a door we had yet to open... there are more still to check out
Lonelyfox_music
Hardhead

Post by Lonelyfox_music »

I have a 15-ish minute mix set.
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

Mine is ready
15 mins (Including an unofficial Akkya remix of HERD's Last Man)
Where do I send?

Akkya - Terminal Radio 24 (The Last Days Before AI)

Tracklist

Intro
What is Wrong With Our Culture [Alan Watts]
XIXX - A Walk in the Woods
Akkya - Transition 01
Rust Cole - Natural Law
HERD - Last Man (Akkya's Clone Version 2015)
Ben Salisbury + Geoff Barrow - Turing Test
Biuddha + Den5hion - Csc
Helen Arista - Unknown Planet
FSOL - A Gigantic Globular Burst of Antistatic (Longform)
SMVLV - Bleak
Ross

Post by Ross »

PM me a wetransfer/whatever link :)
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

k
Ross

Post by Ross »

Currently waiting to hear from Mike to see if we still have a slot on FutureMusic - should all be well we'll be up and running again in June.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Heard back from Mike, we're good to go for Season II. Show 1 will feature Akkya, Off Land, Sanderson Dear, Sturmazdale and International Debris, and will broadcast on 5th June.

Send me your mixes! I'm happy to fill the shows out with tracks should we be short (I did an additional opening 15 minute mix for this first edition), so there are no specific monthly deadlines - just send over anything you have. And if you know anybody else who'd be interested, get them to do a mix!
Ross

Re: Terminal Radio - TONIGHT - Season 2 Episode 1

Post by Ross »

Season 2, Episode 1 is on tonight 6-8PM BST.