Terminal Website

Terminal Window / Terminal Radio discussion
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Re: Terminal Website

Post by dubmasta »

I will have to agree with Ross here, a pro website is not going to fool anybody to make us look like some kind of high profile label. If such a huge label like Psychonavigation uses Tumblr, we could do just fine with that IMO. If we are going to spend some money on Terminal why not do it for physical releases, its a shame TW3 got no response and didnt get physical. Since its a team effort it depends on us where we want to get with Terminal, I think the Terminal crew is powerful enough to make great things.

Something else me and Craig discussed while he visited me, is Terminal live performances at some point in the future. Since the core of Terminal is based in UK and both Ross and Pete are amazing musicians and have experience with live performances, maybe you guys should give it a thought and begin this thing, the rest of us can follow forming groups to represent Terminal in the countries we are located and play live as Terminal. I think this will give a huge boost to the Terminal idea, one electronic brain that connects us all.
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Ross wrote:This is kind of where I was a few months ago before the apathetic response to TW3 once artist copies had been sent out, which might also be why I'm little more cynical now too. ;)
I was abit disappointed personally that it didn't keep with the acid trip narrative idea, which would of made it more interesting amid all the similar looking compilations out there, and maybe relate to some depending on how we did our tracks to fit that theme. Or it even didn't go for any Environmental theme ala FSOL that we talked about for a while, it just ended up as another collection of tracks that was just put out because it took so long to happen. That didn't mean I wasn't excited at all when it came out, as the music was brilliant as always and it was mixed together well. But again I think people are expecting a better response for the work we've done the past couple years. And there wasn't much.
Ross wrote:To be honest, at the moment I'm focusing largely on my own stuff - got a few things I need to get out of the way this year and a couple of big releases next year, so lacking in time and money.
Well this says alot here. If you guys want to go further, especially to play live as or under Terminal, I think its the biggest question that needs to be answered first, as others might be thinking the same thing: do we want to be a collective, or just focus on our own individual things, and treat Terminal as more of a occasional gathering whenever it suits? It would be a shame considering how far this thing has gone so far. That's what I meant of having more of our releases on Terminal, could help with creating a bigger response to Window and our projects.
Ross wrote:Although I disagree with all of our releases being on Terminal - although sometimes things can happen like Akkya's experience, I think having releases on other labels can also bring people in. I've had it myself, people are more interested in my solo stuff now than they ever have been, thanks to releases and appearances on releases on Time Released Sound, Twice Removed, Flaming Pines and Inner Ocean. I'm suddenly on people's radar (so obviously I've gone for a name and genre change, because subconsciously sabotaging any possible success is one of my greatest talents :D )
Well I guess not every single release. But there needs to be a more constant amount of releases than a Window once a year. It would keep Terminal in peeps radar. Maybe the Windows should of been released on other labels only then.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

LooseLink wrote: Well this says alot here. If you guys want to go further, especially to play live as or under Terminal, I think its the biggest question that needs to be answered first, as others might be thinking the same thing: do we want to be a collective, or just focus on our own individual things, and treat Terminal as more of a occasional gathering whenever it suits? It would be a shame considering how far this thing has gone so far. That's what I meant of having more of our releases on Terminal, could help with creating a bigger response to Window and our projects.
Well, what I meant by my comment was that I already have a few releases coming out on other labels in the next six months, solo and collaborative, along with the introduction of the 'International Debris' name, and I'm getting some new gear for my birthday so will be spending a while learning how to use that. I can't take on much more music stuff without it eating into the rest of my life!

Seriously though, if people are interested in making this a bigger, better, more exciting project, speak up. I'm happy to release some stuff through Terminal, provided it's worth it. I'm not great at the promotion/marketing side of things, but I do have a fair few contacts with people who runs blogs, music sites, podcasts and such, and I'm happy to provide any knowledge and experience I have to the cause - particularly after the next few months' worth of madness are out of the way.

At the same time, if I put a lot of time and effort into making music I love, and then put more money and effort into the release, I'd like it to get the attention it deserves (I'm sure this goes for everyone!) so I think we need assurance that it will be given the priority it needs from everybody involved.
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

My experience thus far, has been that I feel at home and part of something at Terminal
Making money, publicity and momentum, seems more opportunistic within the group, as opposed to tryimng individually to get labels to take my work
I feel we have a working functional relationship working as Terminal, and feel that making a stable for us to release from should we wish is beneficial
Releasing work more than once a year seems like a good idea... I 'm sure we all have something every few months to contribute to a release be it LP / EP
I think the pursuit of being professional, fame and money is causing a hurdle for us here - I see us releasing work together as ultimately better, more consistent, more creative and supportive. Not to say we are exclusive to Terminal, but as a constant place to release a stream of work, seems just the right thing to me.

thats my thoughts
I really think we have an opportunity here to be part of something larger - and make it our own...