Terminal Video

Terminal Window / Terminal Radio discussion
LooseLink
Expander

Terminal Video

Post by LooseLink »

I think its time this idea has its own thread so we can talk about it and get it going. Its been in discussion here for a while. I may have a little, not so overwhelming and not too difficult to put together idea:

As I was saying, I think we need to do this in chunks or on a smaller scale first, I would see this as an intro to people new to Window / Radio. Later on this can expand into a movie of sorts, but this would be a nice move to that eventually.

If you guys have any other ideas or ways this could be done, type it here, and eventually something will form I'm sure.

I was thinking of an EPK type of video first. The first couple of minutes would explain, in a unique way, what Terminal is and its offshoots are. Then it explains origins, then the Window/Radio series, then we get into a section which shows off (hopefully) everybody that's been apart of it so far. Were up to 30-40 so far, so maybe giving everybody 30 or so seconds each.

So for 30 seconds you provide the visual and the sound. More or less a 30 second music video. And I or someone can put it all together. This won't make it *as* time consuming if its only around 30 seconds. 2d/3d animation, video capture, image manipulation, could have the potential to be quite a visual feast. When it comes to people like Riz or Scanner who I believe did music videos in the 90s or so, we'll figuire out or ask the best way to show them, since places like youtube have stupid copyright restrictions nowadays.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think!
Nmesh
Open Loop

Re: Terminal Video

Post by Nmesh »

Done - although I just talked to you, I want to express here how amazing I think this would be. ✓✓✓
Proceed with visual attack.
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

Im in.Sounds like a good idea on how to get this started.Ive been playing around with video for a little while so Im sure I could put 30 seconds together.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Yeah, this sounds like an incredible idea. Just need to work out what the hell I can do and how! But I'm definitely up for something.
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

I'm in too
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

so here is my first visual piece as a test

Last edited by Akkya on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Nice one Akkya. Since our videos are going to be different, I wonder how we can link them together to make it look like a cohesive piece and not like different videos just added one after another, something like Terminal Radio where mixes were linked together with various environments and occasional quotes popping up. That would be something interesting I think.
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

Thanks, just a quick render with particles in AE, I wanted to try a quick idea for the logo
It appears to me if we use Premiere or Vegas this shouldn't be an issue, its much like making a mix on sony acid or ableton, but with pictures
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

An example we're mostly familiar with, Teachings From the Electronic Brain does a pretty good job of mixing styles over its forty minutes.
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

A steady format might be useful. I'm finding mp4 h264 as a small and good quality file type
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Yeah, was going to ask about the format, so we go with mp4? If it is with cross-fades what you mean, I understand that would be the way to do it. What I meant was tiny vids of a few secs to join each video, possibly something similar to what you did with the video above and maybe even presenting the artist in the same style and font. Dunno, just an idea.
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

I think as it's so time consuming, what we should perhaps do is get together a large collection of work and then mix it all together.
I would be very happy to do the compiling of work. And edit it and time it to some music.
I use HDTV settings in AE and render to mp4 h264 and a ten sec file is approx 4mb
I also use cinema 4d as does HERD but I'm a bit out practice there.
But to be honest, rather than fuss over formats and settings, maybe we should just start to compile visuals, photos, video footage, whether iphone, camera or video camera, and then I can start putting it together.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Photos too? Sounds like a great idea! Maybe we could use the Terminal Logo that Herd made on this too.
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

I have a few ideas with the logo I'll be rendering over the weekend
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Looks cool man. Yeah we'll collect all the vids and pics up first and then see how best to put it together. I'm working on some animation now, including an idea for the logo. I'm a frame by framer, so I'll try and find a balance between quality and time.