Terminal Window 2

Terminal Window / Terminal Radio discussion
LooseLink
Expander

Re: Terminal Window 2

Post by LooseLink »

There it is! :)

There you go guys, enjoy it and spread the word!

I see though that Aruand forgot to add the booklet to the pack (this is the second time for me, he forgot to do it with Karramantha), that won't happen when I add this to Bandcamp next week.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

350 releases and he can't add the artwork. Jesus.

I mean hurrah! Looking forward to this later.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

I don't really get the point of that net label - There's no details about any of the releases, they're just hosted on archive.org that anyone can upload to anyway, they're in quite a limited range of download formats, but there must be some reason for the place. Do they promote their releases at all ?
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

Had a very strange dream about Gaz and Brian this morning... Brian offered me a line of coke, followed by a large selection of pills / tablets, and I hung out with them in various states of mind over a few days, playing music, talking, discussing, viewing, and being in their space as it were... then I woke up, feeling a little weird, but uplifted, was a very real dream in the sense of the word... rolled over, checked my emails, and the only one, was the notification that the album was online at last...

Hmmm...
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Woah, what email provider do you use?! - I wanna piece of that crazy dream action ....
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

Yeah, bit of synchronicity there...

Just listed through to the album, I'm massively impressed with nmesh's work. And would be interested in working with them, remixing them... Great work, stand out tracks on there by far...
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Yeah nmesh's first track is a wild (and very fitting) opening to the album huh. I think I recognise a couple of sounds from ISDN in there but I can't be 100% sure...
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

What about the FLAC version?
You're doin' too much, do less.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

I guess we wait for LooseLink to show the label how it should be done when we he puts it up on bandcamp :D

EDIT: Just noticed how quietly I mastered my track compared to everyone elses. Ooops :(
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

Glad to see this is finally available! I had been obsessively checking the forum for the past week and a half to see the news of its release. Many thanks for the compliments Akkya & Pete. Akkya, if you were referring to remixing my tracks (?) I'd be happy to provide you with stems and sounds etc... And to clear up any Q's about my sample usage: I dropped (1) FSOL bomb in Terminal Interface @ 4:49 for good measure. That sound is unmistakable. As far as anything else, no ISDN or any other FSOL samples were used, in either track. I had a friend who listened and thought the very same thing (certain bird noises, synth stabs) but I assured him they were completely original. And he still didn't believe me. :D

I fully intend on having an uninterupted listening session this evening when I get home. If its not thunderstorming, I'll be taking my headphones up to the park. AND I'll be doing some heavy promoting tonight as well!
Proceed with visual attack.
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

Cool I'll be in touch Nmesh
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Can I have a go at remixing one of your tracks too Nmesh? I really like what you done on TW2 as well. Interface was just perfect for an intro.+

The whole thing came together really well actually, thanks for allowing me to manage these great sounds together guys! I think your track sounded fine Pete.

A FSOL sample was also used on the Sturmazdale track too at the end, let's see if you guys can pick it out :)
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

mcbpete wrote:I don't really get the point of that net label - There's no details about any of the releases, they're just hosted on archive.org that anyone can upload to anyway, they're in quite a limited range of download formats, but there must be some reason for the place. Do they promote their releases at all ?
It's had 2,809 downloads in the first day so they must be doing something right. I don't understand it all to be honest but hey, if only 10% of those have given it a proper listen that's still nearly 300 people hearing our music - and growing, many of the releases on there have 5,000+ downloads. So for all the incompetence with the label there is at least that up side!

Right, listened and looked yesterday. Negatives first: I really wish whoever did the credits had asked about websites, I'm really trying not to use that URL now as I want to show that I'm not Second Thought anymore - my website is http://rossbakermusic.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; now. Also there's a click at around 3.39, 6.49 and 7.10 on Storm Passed which shouldn't be there.

That out of the way, on the whole a huge improvement over the first one, everybody's upped their game and it's great to have Akkya and Nmesh's contributions - just a shame there wasn't time for a Herd track to finish it off. At a push I'd say Pete's track is my favourite. Probably because it has piano in it. For the most part it flows pretty well too, personally I'd have liked maybe some environmenty bits between the tracks rather than just crossfades, but maybe that's just me? There's still such a variety in approaches that it doesn't escape feeling like a compilation, but it definitely holds together much better than the first one. Good work guys.

edit - In terms of FSOL samples, one of mine has a Polemical sample in it. Also ten points for anybody who spots Lady Gaga and Autechre in my tracks. :)
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Sorry about the credits Ross, as you know I asked 10 times if anyone had changes from the TW1 credits,
and a lot of people did, and I changed the booklet about 20 times,
and looslelink told to copy credits from TW1 for those who didn't have objections.

BTW I've only had time for the first track - its Great! :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Ross wrote:It's had 2,809 downloads in the first day so they must be doing something right. I don't understand it all to be honest but hey, if only 10% of those have given it a proper listen that's still nearly 300 people hearing our music - and growing, many of the releases on there have 5,000+ downloads. So for all the incompetence with the label there is at least that up side!
Wow, that actually is quite impressive :) It's a shame there's no information on any of the artists though, as even if they did like what they hear a lot of people probably couldn't be arsed to google away to find band pages. (Maybe the would, and it's just my cynical mind at work ...)