Terminal Window 2

Terminal Window / Terminal Radio discussion
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Re: Terminal Window 2

Post by Tito Lozano »

http://www.lastfm.es/user/noisesurfer/j ... na_recordsjust blogged on Last Fm for little promotion.
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Pandemonium wrote:Sorry about the credits Ross, as you know I asked 10 times if anyone had changes from the TW1 credits,
and a lot of people did, and I changed the booklet about 20 times,
and looslelink told to copy credits from TW1 for those who didn't have objections.
Ah I see - sorry for the misunderstanding then!

A certain Mr. Dougans says he'll check it out over the weekend. :)
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Great album everyone. I kinda feel bad for including Lines (Recon) on it since the quality of everyone's tracks is better. Should have re-remixed that one. Ah well, still happy with Weeds. :)
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Ah don't be so modest, Lines is an awesome track. But Weeds ..... oh my, I think I'm in love :D
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

12. Foundation by Akkya - this is DA BOMB, extremely good track :)
Nmesh tracks are awesome too!
You're doin' too much, do less.
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

/kowtow
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Terminal Window 2 is now up on the Bandcamp page:

terminalwindow.bandcamp.com

I've fixed up bits concerning artist information for both volumes (current websites mostly), if there's something I missed let me know and I'll correct it.

I personally thought he two Akkya tracks had that Lifeforms vibe about them, very well produced. The rest is quite Environments like, 1 and sometimes 3, with Nmesh encouraging the ISDN vibe.
Ross wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:Sorry about the credits Ross, as you know I asked 10 times if anyone had changes from the TW1 credits,
and looslelink told to copy credits from TW1 for those who didn't have objections.

Don't know if any of TW2 was Environments 4 like, but we'll see about that soon I suppose :D

Again great job guys!

I guess this is a good time to bring something up. It's basically an idea I had about the next volume/release. We can either call it Terminal Window 3, or it can be a spinoff, like Terminal Doorway, or Terminal Hall, etc.

Basically I think it would be cool to see a FSOL fan remix compilation. I've personally never seen one before so why not make one under the Terminal name? Every one who's on this board can create, or bring out of their archives, a FSOL fan remix they have done, I can mix it all together, Herd and Pandemonium can supply the art again if they wish, and we release it onto Bandcamp or also on a netlabel.

This time I'll leave it to you guys if we want to go through with this starting now or not, or wait until next year to spread the releases out. I think this wouldn't take too much to put together, since most of us have already done a FSOL remix in the past. I personally don't mind when if this sounds like a good idea, even if we take our time on it or place the deadline alot further ahead than I did with TW2. Thoughts?
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

LooseLink wrote:Terminal Window 2 is now up on the Bandcamp page:

terminalwindow.bandcamp.com

I've fixed up bits concerning artist information for both volumes (current websites mostly), if there's something I missed let me know and I'll correct it.

I personally thought he two Akkya tracks had that Lifeforms vibe about them, very well produced. The rest is quite Environments like, 1 and sometimes 3, with Nmesh encouraging the ISDN vibe.
Ross wrote:

Don't know if any of TW2 was Environments 4 like, but we'll see about that soon I suppose :D

Again great job guys!

I guess this is a good time to bring something up. It's basically an idea I had about the next volume/release. We can either call it Terminal Window 3, or it can be a spinoff, like Terminal Doorway, or Terminal Hall, etc.

Basically I think it would be cool to see a FSOL fan remix compilation. I've personally never seen one before so why not make one under the Terminal name? Every one who's on this board can create, or bring out of their archives, a FSOL fan remix they have done, I can mix it all together, Herd and Pandemonium can supply the art again if they wish, and we release it onto Bandcamp or also on a netlabel.

This time I'll leave it to you guys if we want to go through with this starting now or not, or wait until next year to spread the releases out. I think this wouldn't take too much to put together, since most of us have already done a FSOL remix in the past. I personally don't mind when if this sounds like a good idea, even if we take our time on it or place the deadline alot further ahead than I did with TW2. Thoughts?

I'm in...
I currently have a lot of work on remix and release wise, so a mid summer deadline would be good for me...
I have never done a fsol remix, but would love to try ...
Would be great to hear what we come up with...

*EDIT* I am looking to do Lifeforms (Undiscovered Path) - Longform --- based on the Lifeforms 7 path maxi single.
Ross

Post by Ross »

I was going to suggest something very different for TW3 - but that can wait. We should have a break and work on it later in the year, I think a yearly compilation is a nice way to time it. :)
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

I'm a little late in posting this - Incredible job with the compilation, on everyone's part. TW2 is thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish. Akkya, Earthchild is one chill piece of music. Probably my fave. (I'm a sucker for that tribal ambient sound.) Craig, nice job on transitioning everything and putting it all together. And if you want a go at remixing a track, that'd be awesome too.

I've plastered the links all over Facebook in the past few days, including several FSOL pages, and I'll be promoting the Bandcamp page today. On the subject of a compilation of remixes, I love that idea. If it ever comes to fruition - I've done a couple in the past few years, so I'd be totally down. I've also got a mix of Visual Attack that's kind of been on the back burner, but that will probably be finished at some point soon.

Again, wow what a great trip Terminal Window 2 is... 8-) Glad I could take part in it.
Proceed with visual attack.
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Nmesh 1984 wrote:I'm a little late in posting this - Incredible job with the compilation, on everyone's part. TW2 is thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish. Akkya, Earthchild is one chill piece of music. Probably my fave. (I'm a sucker for that tribal ambient sound.) Craig, nice job on transitioning everything and putting it all together. And if you want a go at remixing a track, that'd be awesome too.

I've plastered the links all over Facebook in the past few days, including several FSOL pages, and I'll be promoting the Bandcamp page today. On the subject of a compilation of remixes, I love that idea. If it ever comes to fruition - I've done a couple in the past few years, so I'd be totally down. I've also got a mix of Visual Attack that's kind of been on the back burner, but that will probably be finished at some point soon.

Again, wow what a great trip Terminal Window 2 is... 8-) Glad I could take part in it.
Awesome, PM some stems or samples, and thank you, again deeply enjoyed organising it :)

The remix ideas sound interesting at the moment, I was thinking of doing a around 7-10 minute remix or reinterpretation of Environments. So, taking bits from different eras of their ISDN broadcasts, cutting them up and making a new but familiar soundscape out of them. Sounds like we'll be taking our times a little bit with this one, sounding really interesting :)
Ross

Post by Ross »

mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

iloecubes.com ?! :shock:

A well written, detailed and glowing review all the same - much appreciate the write-up Music Hound !
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

mcbpete wrote:iloecubes.com ?! :shock:

A well written, detailed and glowing review all the same - much appreciate the write-up Music Hound !
Sent email, all fixed
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Woah, everyone is so efficient - it makes me feel guilty at my near perpetual procrastination over the last couple of years.