Terminal Window 2

Terminal Window / Terminal Radio discussion
beetles
Expander

Re: Terminal Window 2

Post by beetles »

Nearly finished the cover art - just a few minor tweaks here and there.I was going for an image like the witch girl one above - dramatic sort of environments type of image.Let me know what you all think.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

very nice work,really feel dramatic environments & stones and apocalyptic future in it, 1 day Mr Beetles, when i have a great album and money for make a good and correct cd album i will put in contact with you for talk about artworks,sure!

awesome work
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

cheers mate, I'd be happy to do some more artwork for other people.Give me a shout when your ready.Im very cheap!
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

That image reminds me of the Monsterous Psychedlic Bubble mix Cd albums, that could be what the FSOL one would like if it was made, nice job Herd!

I guess one thing would be to make the title stand out more, maybe in white or bolded up abit so people can read it. Maybe you can add one of your aliens into the picture as well if you can, they're like your signiture characters! :D

I have an idea for an artwork, unrelated to Terminal, I'll give you a PM later.
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

Yeah I've been thinking I need to make the title a bit clearer.I was trying to get it to look like the smoke was surrounding it but I think i might just have made it less clear.I'll see what I can do.Regarding the "aliens" I'll see what I can rustle up.There is actually quite a few parts of the image actually made with c4d but maybe theres not enough.Intrigued as to what this idea might be Looselink.Cheers for the feedback anyway mate.
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

The artworks fantastic. Meant to say so sooner. Very Dead Cities-esque in my opinion. I was gonna say the same thing about the title - maybe just bolder like Terminal 1 with a little outer glow(?) I think that would work nicely. Really nice job! You've got that FSOL aesthetic down pat. :mrgreen:
Proceed with visual attack.
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

Yeah - think everyone thinks the same about the title.I'll try and sort it over the weekend.cheers Nmesh
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

Nice artwork... I may have another commission for you soon... good things in the works... speak soon
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Lovely art. I only have a couple complaints but please just take this as a critique. If you want to leave it as is, I'm more than happy with the current art....
- The text is hard to read. Maybe it's just that it's black on some darker shades of grey?
- The clouds are pretty pixelated. Everything else is just so crisp and organic that the pixelation on the clouds pop out at me.
- Color-wise things seem slightly too purple.
Expander

Post by beetles »

Yeah the issue with the text has been mentioned a few times.Im working on that at the moment.Im not entirely sure if I agree with you regarding the purpleness but thanks for the feedback.What does everyone else think? feel free to let me know.cheers
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Ha yeah feel free to disagree. You know how art/music is for everyone. Definitely looking forward to this compilation.
Expander

Post by beetles »

I agree with the title, and the clouds probably are a bit pixelated but im not sure how much that will be noticed when its reduced in size for the digital cover art.Im looking forward to it coming out too - shame I aint got any tracks on this one though.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Agree 'bout the clouds - the purple-ness is fine with me :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

Been tweaking the original image a little.Still haven't sorted the clouds but the text has been altered.Let me know what you reckon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

Honest opinion - White Line 1/4 of the way down needs erasing / merging. (looks like a mistake)

The text is in the wrong place (maybe smaller underneath the leaves falling in place of the lightening... ???

The lightening looks out of place...

rest is awesome ... really awesome !!! I love your work