Re: Terminal Window 2

Post by Akkya »

I have 2 tracks available - Farewell Lonely Sun and Earthchild
what format are they required to be in?
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Akkya wrote:what format are they required to be in?
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

:lol: :D :) :lol:
You're doin' too much, do less.
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

I guess the question is who is going to package this together. I'll be happy to, but I don't have many netlabel connections so it might just wind up on Sirona. I've forgotten Brian's e-mail and don't know if he has a new one so I can't guarantee it'll be on FSOLDigital :D

I think the standard for mp3s is 320k. Could also do a FLAC version as well but again I'm not connected to any Beatport-ted netlabels..
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

I'm really trying to avoid organising net releases after Jerky Oats began to do my head in. Sirona somehow seem to end up with about 5,000 downloads per release so I'm sure some people would go in for that.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

LooseLink wrote:I think the standard for mp3s is 320k. Could also do a FLAC version as well but again I'm not connected to any Beatport-ted netlabels..
If you release it through Bandcamp you can just upload the flac or wavs and it'll transcode it to all other formats, thus the customer can decide what format they want to download it in .... I'm pretty much gonna release everything through bandcamp now as it's so simple and efficient at hosting music.
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

mcbpete wrote:
LooseLink wrote:I think the standard for mp3s is 320k. Could also do a FLAC version as well but again I'm not connected to any Beatport-ted netlabels..
If you release it through Bandcamp you can just upload the flac or wavs and it'll transcode it to all other formats, thus the customer can decide what format they want to download it in .... I'm pretty much gonna release everything through bandcamp now as it's so simple and efficient at hosting music.
Hmm, that's a good point. There could be a Terminal Window bandcamp page. Volume 1 can also be on there if people can send me the WAVs. It can also house any future volumes.

So everyone, Bandcamp page or Sirona?
Ross

Post by Ross »

Bandcamp is good for hosting I agree. Sirona will get us about 4,800 more listeners, if the stats of the first one are anything to go buy. Depends what you fancy. I can send wav copies of the first one if you want to do Bandcamp.
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

LooseLink wrote:
mcbpete wrote:
Hmm, that's a good point. There could be a Terminal Window bandcamp page. Volume 1 can also be on there if people can send me the WAVs. It can also house any future volumes.

So everyone, Bandcamp page or Sirona?
we can use Sirona for Wav formats for download and bandcamp for mp3,flac,ogg,etc.

you people decided .

let me know about and if was necessary send wav songs for the volume 1
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

LooseLink wrote:So everyone, Bandcamp page or Sirona?
Can't we do both and just stagger them? Bandcamp first followed by Sirona
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Aye, you're not tied into anything so you might as well do both .......
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Sweet, both it is!

Firstly, the package. Everyone making music for volume 2 PM me with file-sharing links. All be in WAV format please. Was it 24bit WAV for volume 1 Ross? Once the tracks arrive I'll mix it together into a journey, just like 1 :)

Same goes for the pictures too, once they're done.
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

I recall sending over some mp3s for the first comp. Well I guess it turned out OK. If Ross doesn't have wavs from the mixed version of the first comp I can resend you my unmixed tracks. Would be nice to get Vol 1 up on Bandcamp sooner than later though.

Post by Ross »

Yeah, most of Volume 1 was sent as mp3s actually, as it was released as mp3s.

Also I'd say 16 bit is probably more than sufficient. This obsession with 24 bit lately seems a bit ridiculous given that everyone survived with 16 bit for twenty years without complaining.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Ross wrote:Also I'd say 16 bit is probably more than sufficient. This obsession with 24 bit lately seems a bit ridiculous given that everyone survived with 16 bit for twenty years without complaining.
Yep, agreed - 24bit / 32bit is fine if you're sending it to get mastered so they have a good quality source to work with but for the final mixdown 16bit is definitely all you really need...