Post by SAFredMusic »

"Its got the funk" as Old Gregg the funky Merman would say :D
This is right up my street as well...

Pete
LooseLink
Expander

Re: Terminal Window 3

Post by LooseLink »

I've been liking the "Acid trip" or the "Friday night to Sunday Morning" idea. Gives us a chance to form a sort of concept album as opposed to just an album that goes through a jungle or the city. Gives us abit of room to make different kinds of music, as it would form a timeline of sorts if we want (Heavy dance, chaos on Friday night, weird tripping on Saturday, comedown or hangover or fresh air on Sunday)

I've personally been intrigued with the idea that alot of people today are just stuck in a loop, they deep down want to do something but instead are bogged down by meaningless work or whatever, and the only time they feel they can be themselves is on the weekend, where everyone drinks or does drugs and loses their minds in one way or another, then before they know it they're back in the working week again.

If we go this way we can pick which part of the day we would like to cover, and do our interpretation first or third person of the time of the weekend that we pick. Soundscapes inbetween can connect the story abit more together.

This might even come back to the theme thing as this comes together, being in an urban jungle on Friday and a icy one on Sunday, depends on what people make.

Now thanks to TR alot more people can now join to make this one hell of a trip! From songs to a "Enviornment" bit or even samples, lets make this very collaborative.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Although it moves away from my original idea of trying to make it very FSOL-like in scope, I'm definitely liking this idea more - particularly the idea of everybody contributing seguing environments, samples etc. I'm up for it.
impurfekt
Hardhead

Post by impurfekt »

Ross wrote:Well, since themes don't seem to be forthcoming, here's a list of potential ideas:
Cityscape
Tropical
Icy/arctic
Space
Pastoral/rural
Vast/desert

Any other ideas? I'm sure we can come up with a cohesive soundscape for most it not all of these.
I think choosing a soundscape is a great idea. It's specific enough to ensure some continuity while being broad enough to allow each contributor a lot of freedom. I'd vote for space, tropical or cityscape myself.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Ok, as the acid trip idea seems to have been the most popular, let's go with that. It moves away from the original concept a bit, but no problems there. Soooooo yeah, something pretty psychedelic/trippy, starting off mellow and going into craziness, perhaps a bit of a loss of control (I have the perfect WIP for this point, in fact), and then a slow release and return to normality at the end. Who's up for it - who has more ideas - GO!
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

I'm up for it. I've always wanted to do a swirling psychedelic drone piece. :)

Post by Ross »

In terms of limitations, I will suggest two tracks each, no time limit (but.not 25 minute epics obv). If it's a long'un, no probs - that never harmed Lifeforms and Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld.
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

cool.sounds good.are we gonna sort out some sort of running order?
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

How many time for send track/s and who is the owner for TR3 now?

Sure for Psychedelics sounds my music will be ok for new compilation :mrgreen:
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

FSOLBoard is the owner of everything Terminal, if you mean organiser then Ross is this time.

Sounds great! This doesn't really stop us from incorporating abit of the original idea, some of us could preceive the acid trip as going through a desert or an icy snowfield, or we can be creative and base the idea in one of these settings. Be interesting to see!

I still have the track I've been working on especially for TW3 called "My Mind Is Going" which could be good for around the start of the acid trip. Since we're doing two tracks maybe each of us should do a calm and a trip track each, then we can collaborate with each other on the hangover ending part.
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Aham ok, but i sent you Craig 1 track last week, the final edit for" Window To Terminal" i think that is acid enough for comp,and i will make another one .

And for last quest, what is the date to submit ?

Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

If the deadline is a while off, I would be interested in making something for this
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

I also hope that this is something we're planning on releasing early next year. I'm in the process of converting a room into a music space, so a lot of my equipment is packed up and disconnected. Hoping to be back to making music again this December.

Post by Ross »

To be honest, at the moment I'm going to say start work on it whenever you can, and we'll come back to it in the new year, see how everyone's getting on, and set a deadline then. I don't see need to rush it, especially if we're going for something which will be curated as a specific album, with a flowing storyline and so on.

So yeah, one or two tracks each, themed around an acid (or psychedelic drug of choice) trip - tracks to have at least some 'place' in the theme. Obviously this can be your own interpretation of what a trip would be like/is like, let's be loose about it, but have everything tie together nicely. And we'll sort out the running order and deadline for final mixes in the new year.
If anyone wants to make environments/segues to stitch the tracks together, that would be awesome too.
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

I'm sure we could all manage to do our own environments or 'FSOLisms' and stick 30 secs to a minute on the beginning and end of each track - this would make it super easy to compile and mix in the end, and prevent any awkward segues.. just an idea.
Proceed with visual attack.