Terminal Radio

Terminal Window / Terminal Radio discussion
Akkya
Expander

Re: Terminal Window 2

Post by Akkya »

I'm starting out too, I have a small portfolio together. My next album will have a collection of my work, and a possible commission from herd as usual... I can give basic tips, but as stated YouTube is your friend...
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Awesome stuff Herd, that looks awesome! Reminds me abit of the ISDN pod room covers, which will match this series quite well.

My mix is nearly done as well, just needs one more song really.

Mischapex, who has made the FSOL in my Sampler EP that was posted here a while ago, will be joining us with an updated version of that same EP plus an unreleased ambient/trip hop track from the same period.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

LooseLink wrote:My mix is nearly done as well, just needs one more song really.
Hey, if that 1 song is the submission that I should make - I will quit this one for Akkya :)

His mix is over and I haven't even started mine (I did choose the songs, but no time to mix'em as I imagined).

So, next time... :) Get this baby released.

EDIT: I feel silly, I just realized that you need 1 more song for your submission... right? :)

Anyway, if & when all the mixes are in and mine is last, feel free to jump in with Akkya's mix.
There is a slim chance I will make the submission, but ... well... enough typing :)
Last edited by Pandemonium on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're doin' too much, do less.
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

All good man, you can still do a mix for volume 2 if you like. There should be enough mixes to get almost straight into volume 2, I'll stick a list up when the 15th comes.
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

Pandemonium wrote:
Hey, if that 1 song is the submission that I should make - I will quit this one for Akkya :)

His mix is over and I haven't even started mine (I did choose the songs, but no time to mix'em as I imagined).

cheers
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Cool man :D

Can't really think what else you could add to it, maybe tentacles that resemble the electronic brain's coming out of the sphere (as a homage) or some more effects, I'll leave it up to you.

As I said I think the covers for each volume should be the same as the ISDN pod room covers, mostly the same but different colours or effects. But you're welcome to make a new image each volume if you like, again up to you.

Ross's mix sounds good! Surprising in a way to hear everyone's follow the same wavelength with this in their mixes, can't wait to put all this together!
Pandemonium wrote:

EDIT: I feel silly, I just realized that you need 1 more song for your submission... right? :)

Anyway, if & when all the mixes are in and mine is last, feel free to jump in with Akkya's mix.
There is a slim chance I will make the submission, but ... well... enough typing :)
Yep, one more song for my mix, which I still haven't been able to find yet :)
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

Great artwork! Classic FSOL floating orbs. Maybe throw the EBV logos in one corner :?: Or would that be some kind of infringement...
Proceed with visual attack.
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

put HERD symbol in the corner
a FSOL board Symbol might be nice
do we have those?
we should have those...
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

Maybe like the FSOLdigital logo?

beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

"But you're welcome to make a new image each volume if you like, again up to you" - I think it needs a new image every time.

Ross's mix sounds good! Surprising in a way to hear everyone's follow the same wavelength with this in their mixes, can't wait to put all this together! - hope mine isnt going to throw a spanner in the works!

The image definetely needs a fsolboard logo.I'll stick the one Nmesh made in and see how it looks.It would be good to get something a bit more like the EBV one though.Anyone have any ideas?
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

I'll have a go
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

^^ If you've got Microstile (bold) in your font collection, just use that. That mock-up was done in 2 seconds at work (in Paint!), and is very lo-res. Hmmm maybe I'll play around with some ideas similar to the EBV logo when I get home and see what I can come up with...

EDIT: (Sorry that was in response to Herd) :P
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

We used to use a spirtual logo for our nights back in the 90's I'll try and bring it up to date, I reckon it will fit perfectly
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »