Terminal Radio

Terminal Window / Terminal Radio discussion
beetles
Expander

Re: Terminal Radio

Post by beetles »

So around the 10th then? I'll get something together.
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

P E R F E C T - I really appreciate it - looking forward to what you come up with as always :) - any chance I can tackle the typesetting this time around?
Proceed with visual attack.
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

No worries mate.
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

haze
Hardhead

Post by haze »

no probs, oct 24th it is
Pinyaka
Hardhead

Post by Pinyaka »

Looking forward to the next mix.

I don't know if you guys are aware of this, but TRFM3 can't be streamed from Mixcloud in the US (idk how much their chart positions matter). The reason as given by the site is:

US licensing sound recording complement rule
Last Updated: Sep 16, 2014 07:29PM IST
Mixcloud is a licensed Internet radio service and has agreements with various collecting societies around the world. Royalties are paid to collecting societies, who in turn pay out to the appropriate labels and artists based on their individual recording and publishing deals.

In America Mixcloud has blanket music licences with SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI & SESAC.

These licences stipulate certain rules around how you can listen to a service like Mixcloud:

- Cloudcasts cannot have more than 4 tracks by an artist (or more than 3 consecutively)
- Cloudcasts cannot have more than 3 tracks from an album (or more than 2 consecutively)

If the same artist name is listed more than 4 times in the tracklist that the uploader submits, it will automatically be flagged.

As music lovers ourselves, we understand that this may be frustrating at times, and we hope that in the future the rules will evolve to be more open to new types of services like Mixcloud.

In the meantime, Mixcloud is committed to providing a fully licensed and legal service so you can continue to discover and buy new music through listening to DJ mixes and radio shows.
Of course, it's still available via Soundcloud for those of us who can't listen to the live broadcast, but since a lot of you are overseas I wasn't sure if you knew that the tracklists may be stopping people from being able to listen on Mixcloud.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Yeah, Mixcloud's a bit funny in America. Don't understand the licensing stuff myself.

So I think my one finished a few minutes ago, I've been out so didn't have a chance to listen, did anyone catch it? The FM Twitter says Herd was hosting it, so I'm a bit confused, to be honest?

This is what it should have been, anyway...

Anyway, confusion aside, anybody got Soundcloud space they can spare for this? I only have four hours on my account and two of those are taken up with the Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble edition...
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

If you want to send me a d-load link and all the info, I can upload it to the Nmesh SC as soon as I get home in a couple hours - infinite space is lovely - but it co$ts
Ross

Post by Ross »

Wish I could afford an infinite account... alas. Cheers though, will get that to you!
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

You bet - Ross, I thought your episode was to air next Friday, Oct. 3 - why a week early? I'm just concerned because I laid out a very specific timetable with all the contributors for the Nov. 7th episode - just want to make sure everything is still on schedule
Ross

Post by Ross »

I thought it was last Friday (or fourth Friday) of the month. It was definitely down on the schedule on the website for today.

Or does each episode get repeated every Friday of the month? I thought TRFM3 went out at the end of August? I'm really confused now, I was down as 3rd Oct, you're right.
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

OffLand wrote:Herd: TR FM3 - 5th Sept.
Ross: TR FM4 - 3rd Oct.
????: TR FM5 - 7th Nov.
Off Land: TR FM6 - 5th Dec.
Man, I sure hope that's the case - it would make sense, seeing as how they said Herd was hosting - I was going off of Off Land's post with the schedule awhile back - I would hate to bump the deadline up a week on everyone - anyways, I've gone back and forth with Mike a few times, and he never corrected me, so I suppose we're all good.. *fingers crossed*
Ross

Post by Ross »

I've emailed to see if things can be cleared up a bit! According to Twitter, the only reason Herd was mentioned is it's his Twitter page mentioned on the FM page for TR.
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

FM4 is up on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/nmesh/va-termina ... ris-092714

Ross Baker takes over Terminal Radio this month to introduce his new collaborative project International Debris. Featuring guest spots from Terminal regulars cubus and Shelldove, plus introducing The Glimmer Room and Justin Marc Lloyd, the show is bookended by an exclusive mix by International Debris, and a peek at sounds from the debut ID album due out in January on Metaphysical Circuits. Strap yourself in for another edition of Terminal Radio...

Terminal Radio 20 - International Debris show
Intro by Nmesh

FSOL & Nmesh - Transmission Intro [Terminal]

International Debris - Music for Airports [Metaphysical Circuits]

International Debris - You Shouldn't Be Walking on the Freeway, it's Dangerous [Mix Chapter]
@internationaldebris

cubus - Happy Birthday Eileen [Bandcamp]
Caustic Window - Squidge in the Fridge [Rephlex]
Glass Girl - Sunriser [FSOLDigital]
AFX - Backdoor.Berbew.Q [Rephlex]

International Debris - Sbeer [Unreleased]

cubus - The Clouds Are Finally Parting [Mix Chapter]
ilovecubus.co.uk

L.M.R.W - Live Edits (29-03-08) [Digitalis Limited]
Enore Zaffiri - Musica Per Un Anno [Die Schachtel]
Stockholm Arts Trio; Dmitri Shostakovich - Piano Trio No. 2 In E Minor, Op. 67 III. Largo [Naxos]
Marielle V Jakobsons - Cobalt Waters [Students of Decay]
cubus - bit test(.0) [Unreleased]
Michael Santos - Cut Them Loose [Home Normal]
cubus - bit test(.1) [Unreleased]
Michael Cera - Clay Pigeons (Blaze Foley Cover) [Bandcamp]

HOLOVR - Data Mine (Body Boys Torn Edit) [Opal Tapes]

The Glimmer Room - Pre-Modernism Mix [Mix Chapter]
@the-glimmer-room

Archive - Nothing Else [Island Records]
Ulrich Schnauss and Jonus Monk - Made of Sky [Pedigree Cuts]
Zoot Woman - Nobody Knows [Wall of Sound]
Lamb - Rounds [Strata]
Tycho - The Daydream [Ghostly International]
The KLF - Build a Fire [KLF Communications]

Huerco S. - Press On (Ruff Rub) [Opal Tapes]

Shelldove - Untitled [Mix Chapter]
shelldove.co.uk

Saint Etienne - Leafhound
Brian Eno - Deep Blue Day [EG Editions]
The White Noise - [Island]
Orbital - Lush 3-1 [Internal]

Justin Marc Lloyd - Rainbow Bridge Mix [Mix Chapter]
@rainbowbridge

Justin Marc Lloyd - $s %c ?! [Rainbow Bridge]
Andrew Scott Young - Chants From Tents [Rainbow Bridge]
Vertonen - Locked In [Rainbow Bridge]
MASS COMM - Untitled [Rainbow Bridge]
Divine Shell - Post Trip Specter [Rainbow Bridge]
Dementia and Hope Trails - It Rung In My Ears And It Still Does [Rainbow Bridge]

International Debris - The Future is Japanese / Sonmi 451 [Metaphysical Circuits]

Originally aired on Future Music FM, 09/27/14
futuremusic.fm/shows/terminal-radio
terminalwindow.tumblr.com/
www.fsolboard.co.uk/
www.mixcloud.com/terminalradio/
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

Craig - I'll post here rather than message you since this might involve a few folks - what would you think about adding a couple admins to the TERMINAL Facebook page? I think this would help for promotional purposes - Also, I realize that "Terminal" encompasses both Terminal Window AND Radio projects, but what do you (and anyone else) think of maybe using the 1-time name change and switching it to "Terminal Radio" - seems like it might be easier to identify and find to those seeking it out..

Just a few thoughts.