Off Land - latest albums, Unknown Frequencies & Axial Precession

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Off Land thread

Post by Ross »

Ah, about time! :)
The cover's pretty different to your others...
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

It's my Green Album... (except it has a name). ;)

Post by Ross »

Reminds me of The Isness actually, forever 'coming soon'. Ah well, you're making up for it with the amount of other material coming this year!
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

All good things take time :)

The clips sound very nice, looking forward to the whole thing!
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Off Land - May Second
http://offland.bandcamp.com/track/may-second
Release Date: May 2nd 2012

As Ross stated, yes I have a lot of material coming out this year. Eventide Passage is still a month away. To ease the wait I'm putting out a special 14+ minute single, "May Second", on May 2nd. You can stream the whole track right now from the link above. From Wednesday forward it will be available to download (pay-what-you-want pricing) in high quality formats.

You can read more about the track from the link above. What I would like to reiterate is the fact that this track wouldn't have happened without Ross' input. The track is sort of a loose collaboration, some grey area between cover, remix, and adaptation. The track originally started out as a remix of Ross' Second Thought track "May". In the end it became more of an adapted cover filled with new variations. :mrgreen:

Post by Ross »

:)
It really is a wonderful version, I am very honoured for the track to have had this treatment. Great stuff.
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Music video for "Slow"
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Another music video from Eventide Passage - "Road Closed"
[vimeo]41475324[/vimeo]
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

If you want to listen to Eventide Passage in full before that album comes out there is going to be a live stream Sunday My 13th @ 12pm PST - http://mixlr.com/enpeg_digital/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

http://enpeg.com/discography.php?catno=57

Available now from Enpeg Digital (link above) in high quality flac.
Also available from iTunes, Amazon, Juno, N5MD mailorder, etc.

Cheers!

Post by Ross »

:) Will get a copy of this within the next week or so, once I have a bit of spare money. :)
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Overlook preview. The new mini-album is out Sept 2nd.

Post by Ross »

Finally had a listen to Eventide Passage, very impressed, great stuff. Definitely lives up to the standard set by Blue Narration. Particular tracks that stood out are Intersection, Detour, Speed Limit and Turns.
Bring on Overlook! The clips sound wonderful - actually potentially better than the album. :)
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Cheers Ross. Glad you like the album. Overlook first started as a bside EP for Eventide Passage. Since the album took so long to come out Overlook became more of an extension of the album (a disc two of sorts). Hopefully it's at least as good as the LP as I like them roughly the same. ;)
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

http://igloomag.com/reviews/off-land-ev ... sage-enpeg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Eventide Passage review from Igloo Mag

Progress through circular looping ambient passages and rolling early morning fog has Off Land’s Eventide Passage slipping by gracefully. “Slow” emits its opening radiance and breaths life into the its neighboring piece—the aptly titled “Thickly Settled.” These are not just pleasant ambient swirls. Sure, they glitter like Aphex Twin’s Selected Ambient Works, however, there’s a distinctive fragrance that appears and disappears in Eventide Passage‘s engaging wall of sound. Delicate slices of field recordings and lightly accented guitars migrate slowly into the sonic spectrum allowing Off Land to expose the beauty and emotion of each creative entity. “Detour” releases an array of low-pressure air bubbles and brisk tones that are both contagious and engulfing. “Road Closed”—which orchestrates a beat-centric groove—clips and skips across the ears as 8-minutes of buzzing tones and balanced drone cascade. “Fog Area” drops a mirror image of its previous outing, a puzzling foray into emotive time shifts. “Speed Limit”—while also balanced with thumping bass-beats—continues its experimental curiosity with an ebb and flow of synthesized rhythm. As Off Land drives through panoramic views of rolling hills and overcast days, there’s a unique assortment of left-field drones and buried melodic sheets to keep the entire album adrift.