AAARGH

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Re: AAARGH

Post by epitome »

Fuck it, I give up - revert to my original subject title...
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

?
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

AAARGH
Ross

Post by Ross »

I meant: what's wrong?
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Couldn't help but feel like everything I've done sounded awful. By the end of Saturday I was all set to just pack it all in again. Then on Sunday I couldn't help myself, so I went back to work on the remix I've been doing... and it sounded half decent and I think I've pretty much finished it. I'm pretty sure I'm insane.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Nope, this is pretty much the emotional rollercoaster almost every musician goes through. I still do after composing for nearly two decades....The fact you can identify flaws in your tracks is a positive thing, it means you can view the track objectively and can critically assess changes needed.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

mcbpete wrote:Nope, this is pretty much the emotional rollercoaster almost every musician goes through. I still do after composing for nearly two decades....The fact you can identify flaws in your tracks is a positive thing, it means you can view the track objectively and can critically assess changes needed.
Hmmm, ok. I think maybe I do over-react though. Good job I'd got so addicted to making music already or I probably would've packed it in.

I'm not sure I do a good job of being objective about my music. Sometimes I think it sounds good, but then the same thing will sound dreadful the next time I work on it. Anyway, I'll keep going with it - hopefully I'll be able to finish my EP before I freak out and delete everything :oops:
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

This is much like me working on music...
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

...and this is me -

epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Haha, well at least your blood pressure probably does better than mine!
Ross

Post by Ross »

Don't worry too much about that, I have an "I'm never making music ever again, everything I do is terrible and making it makes me feel like shit" moment at least once a month.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Ah, good to know, thanks guys. In my mind, you guys just sat at the computer and came up with good stuff every time :) I suppose I just need to get better at riding those bad times out.

I'm going to try and save my remix for a mix set I'm planning to release on new year's day, but after that I'll want to make the remix available by itself somewhere. I've read things about Soundcloud taking down people's remixes, so I suppose I would have that problem, as it isn't authorised?
Ross

Post by Ross »

Yeah, SC's not such a safe place. YouTube is a lot better for single tracks with samples these days.

I think of everything I recorded last year, only a third of it ended up on a final release, several hours' worth that I wasn't happy with that's been put aside.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Ah right, I'd better get a YouTube account as well then.

I might have to give up on what was going to be track 1 on my EP - was working on it again last night but I just can't get happy with it.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Leave it come back at a later date