AAARGH

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Re: AAARGH

Post by epitome »

I still just wanna hear the damned thing! :P
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

oh it's very close
of course running into some issues trying to limit etc. but i think that will be ironed out soon

anyway screenshot kinda stinks in that it's so condensed
if i expanded one more click you lose some of the tune though
actually 85 tracks haha but 3 or so are dead archived tracks

note that a lot of my drums and percussion are lumped into groups at the top - that's about 20 or whatever tracks right there
like i said....this could have been smaller with some better routing but i rode a steep learning curve throughout the journey :)
also very few audio tracks so i was having to pull a new VST all the time to get that sound i need for a JUST few bars

mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

You've actually structured it in the way I always mean to do but am too lazy - Looks like each instrument (including each bit of the drum kit) is its own track allowing you to process *everything* individually if you so need. I always just have one track for an entire section/instrument !
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

yeah i was surely expecting to have a "drum track" for the most part when i first started. that was at least my experience when i took a class in oh... '96 =()

i even started out that way with this one and at one point realized i needed to process the kick for sure and then read that i should really have everything broken out. the amount i have screwed with this tune maybe i woulda been better off keeping them together =P nearly everything is HPF'd and compressed to a degree. then all of that dumped to a drum bus with a bit of "the glue" vst compression.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Yeah, that's pretty much how I do it now, the flexibility it offers by processing each drum individually just makes the whole thing much less painful. Except the processing power it eats up!
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

I've just managed to make a demo (not my new EP, but for the release after that) and it's one of the worst things I've ever heard.