It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:49 pm

AAARGH

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
  • Author

epitome

Vertical Pig

Re: AAARGH

PostFri Mar 25, 2016 9:53 am

I still just wanna hear the damned thing! :P

seedy

Expander

PostSat Mar 26, 2016 9:17 am

oh it's very close
of course running into some issues trying to limit etc. but i think that will be ironed out soon

anyway screenshot kinda stinks in that it's so condensed
if i expanded one more click you lose some of the tune though
actually 85 tracks haha but 3 or so are dead archived tracks

note that a lot of my drums and percussion are lumped into groups at the top - that's about 20 or whatever tracks right there
like i said....this could have been smaller with some better routing but i rode a steep learning curve throughout the journey :)
also very few audio tracks so i was having to pull a new VST all the time to get that sound i need for a JUST few bars

http://imgur.com/a/bL0LA

mcbpete

Not a clue

PostSat Mar 26, 2016 4:25 pm

You've actually structured it in the way I always mean to do but am too lazy - Looks like each instrument (including each bit of the drum kit) is its own track allowing you to process *everything* individually if you so need. I always just have one track for an entire section/instrument !

seedy

Expander

PostSat Mar 26, 2016 6:38 pm

yeah i was surely expecting to have a "drum track" for the most part when i first started. that was at least my experience when i took a class in oh... '96 =()

i even started out that way with this one and at one point realized i needed to process the kick for sure and then read that i should really have everything broken out. the amount i have screwed with this tune maybe i woulda been better off keeping them together =P nearly everything is HPF'd and compressed to a degree. then all of that dumped to a drum bus with a bit of "the glue" vst compression.

Ross

Just a Fuckin' Idiot

PostSat Mar 26, 2016 10:59 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much how I do it now, the flexibility it offers by processing each drum individually just makes the whole thing much less painful. Except the processing power it eats up!

epitome

Vertical Pig

PostSat Apr 30, 2016 2:38 pm

I've just managed to make a demo (not my new EP, but for the release after that) and it's one of the worst things I've ever heard.
Previous

Return to Music Making