It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 5:06 pm

Defective tunes

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
  • Author

Ragnarok

Amoeba

Defective tunes

PostSat May 16, 2015 12:27 pm

Recently put some tracks up here that I've done in the last couple of years: https://soundcloud.com/chrisbarr-1-1

I'd be lying if I said they weren't a wee bit fsol influenced ;)

Pandemonium

Positive Electron

Re: Defective tunes

PostSat May 16, 2015 12:36 pm

Didn't have time for a full listen, but from what I've heard, they sound pretty solid to me.
I like that beat structure, kinda old skool but good - very few people do that these days.

Dreams Inc is probably the best one, but like I said - I'll need a proper spin.
You're doin' too much, do less.

Ross

Just a Fuckin' Idiot

PostSat May 16, 2015 1:36 pm

The great thing about FSOL is they're so varied yet to intricate in their arrangements that it's pretty much impossible to directly copy them - so stuff that's influenced by them always retains its own character (as opposed to the countless Aphex copycats out there, for example). Not massively into d&b and harder breaks stuff so most of this wasn't entirely my cup of tea, but I enjoyed the quieter bits a lot, hints of FSOL from a different angle. Dreams Inc. was definitely my favourite, nice track.

Ragnarok

Amoeba

PostSat May 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Tankin' ya koindly sirs :)

When I was making dreams inc, I had a picture in my head of some big company that could sell dreams (a bit like the whole Total Recall idea), so the track is like their advertising theme

Return to Music Making