Defective tunes

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
Ragnarok
Hardhead

Defective tunes

Post by Ragnarok »

Recently put some tracks up here that I've done in the last couple of years: https://soundcloud.com/chrisbarr-1-1

I'd be lying if I said they weren't a wee bit fsol influenced ;)
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: Defective tunes

Post by Pandemonium »

Didn't have time for a full listen, but from what I've heard, they sound pretty solid to me.
I like that beat structure, kinda old skool but good - very few people do that these days.

Dreams Inc is probably the best one, but like I said - I'll need a proper spin.
You're doin' too much, do less.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

The great thing about FSOL is they're so varied yet to intricate in their arrangements that it's pretty much impossible to directly copy them - so stuff that's influenced by them always retains its own character (as opposed to the countless Aphex copycats out there, for example). Not massively into d&b and harder breaks stuff so most of this wasn't entirely my cup of tea, but I enjoyed the quieter bits a lot, hints of FSOL from a different angle. Dreams Inc. was definitely my favourite, nice track.
Ragnarok
Hardhead

Post by Ragnarok »

Tankin' ya koindly sirs :)

When I was making dreams inc, I had a picture in my head of some big company that could sell dreams (a bit like the whole Total Recall idea), so the track is like their advertising theme